Notorious Hobbywing Combo Ezrun Max6 Esc 4985-1650Kv Motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve been running this combo since April of ‘19 and it’s been flawless.

20/50 gearing in the outcast on 6s
22/46 in the Talion on 6s
20/46 in the Kraton on 6s and 8s
30/34 in the Typhon (speed runs only) on 6s with MMX8S esc (soon to be 8s with slightly different gearing)
All runs with dual motor fans and I put ceramic motor bearings in it late last year when I started running in on 8s just to be on the safe side.

It did 71.4mph with the 20t pinion on the outcast running full size backflip tires on 6s.
If that’s too much drop down a toothy or 2 on the pinion
I guess my speedo is crap, I hit 62 in the gravel with my k6 running the max6/hobbystar 1730 geared 24/46 on the 6s outcast tires. maybe the gravel was the key though and not a good surface for speed.

I guess my speedo is crap, I hit 62 in the gravel with my k6 running the max6/hobbystar 1730 geared 24/46 on the 6s outcast tires. maybe the gravel was the key though and not a good surface for speed.
62 off road is hauling it for sure.

should pick up a bit of speed on road if you can keep it pointed straight

Link add to my post above with more info

62 off road is hauling it for sure.

should pick up a bit of speed on road if you can keep it pointed straight

Link add to my post above with more info

I was trying my talion out with the same setup in it but it decided as it got close to me to wheelie and veered off course/hit an embankment, and bent the rear m2c shock tower hahahaha. I run the 4s outcast tires on it though. And as I typed this I realized my k6 has the 1480kv motor and talion has the 1730. The talion was moving, but I don't know what the speed was since my speedo ended up in 400 pieces :s

I’m looking at this combo in case the new Mojave is released without electronics. According to the HW site the 4985 motor has temp sensor at the back of the motor, but only the upgraded max6 esc has the connection for the sensor. But it doesn’t say how you know which max6 has that. Does anyone know?

I’m looking at this combo in case the new Mojave is released without electronics. According to the HW site the 4985 motor has temp sensor at the back of the motor, but only the upgraded max6 esc has the connection for the sensor. But it doesn’t say how you know which max6 has that. Does anyone know?
not sure on that one, I haven't noticed on the v3 max 6 and I have 8 of them hahahaha. I never run any of the sensored motors or anything though either. you may have to up your spring rate or dial down on your springs to accept the extra weight too.

I don’t think the EZRUN series has any sensors, but that’s just my understanding from their website. ??‍♂️

So far all versions of the Max6 are sensorless

They still haven’t released the updated Max6 that has the option for the motor temp sensor

Skip that altogether and go nuts like me hahahaha. Stretched Mojave with a max5/5687 combo. waiting on the motor still.

fat bastard5.jpg

fat bastard6.jpg

Skip that altogether and go nuts like me hahahaha. Stretched Mojave with a max5/5687 combo. waiting on the motor still.
WHOOMP there it is! ? I also looked at that combo but aren’t you getting a missile with that? Stock is 2050kv On the Mojave!
My 5,5KG (12 lb) buggy with 4274 2000kv on 4s (haven’t run on 6s yet) is already tail happy on full throttle at any speed ? (note I only drive on sand and grass). I can’t imagine driving with the combo you have?. I’m interested how you will like it though as it costs only marginally more than the 1650kv/max6 ?.

WHOOMP there it is! ? I also looked at that combo but aren’t you getting a missile with that? Stock is 2050kv On the Mojave!
My 5,5KG (12 lb) buggy with 4274 2000kv on 4s (haven’t run on 6s yet) is already tail happy on full throttle at any speed ? (note I only drive on sand and grass). I can’t imagine driving with the combo you have?. I’m interested how you will like it though as it costs only marginally more than the 1650kv/max6 ?.
I'll let you know as soon as the motor comes in. It's gonna be a fatty, hence the name fat bastard. On 8s, belted 3.8's as well hahahaha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back