Hobbywing Quicrun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AjDale

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with this hobbywing quicrun 150G2? I have a spare team Corally 2050kv motor and got this esc pretty dang cheap! Building a Kraton XL out of spare parts and all I needed was a ESC, I appreciate any information!
IMG_8507.jpeg

Its a good esc. Basically the same thing as the Firma 150a esc minus the smart features.
Perfect. Glad to hear that, should be just what I need then. Will the hobbywing smart program card work on it as well, if you know?

Does anyone have any experience with this hobbywing quicrun 150G2? I have a spare team Corally 2050kv motor and got this esc pretty dang cheap! Building a Kraton XL out of spare parts and all I needed was a ESC, I appreciate any information!
View attachment 363051
Very solid & reliable ESC. Should play pretty well with that motor.

Perfect. Glad to hear that, should be just what I need then. Will the hobbywing smart program card work on it as well, if you know?
Yes, a hobbywing programming card is required to make any settings changes on the G2 ESCs.
Its a good esc. Basically the same thing as the Firma 150a esc minus the smart features.
And minus the fireball feature.

Yes, a hobbywing programming card is required to make any settings changes on the G2 ESCs.

And minus the fireball feature.
Perfect. I’ve got a couple max6 combos in my rigs and have the hobbywing smart programming card. Seems all I’ll have to do is extend the motor wires or make up some adapters. Appreciate the help🤘

Right. Minus "smart", but plus adjustability over the Spektrum. Plus what I consider a worthwhile feature, the ability to run 5s. The 08BL150 has that function, on both the G1 and G2. Even the G1 Max esc's didn't have that ability. I swear, there are rigs and environments where 5s is just the sweet spot for power.

Right. Minus "smart", but plus adjustability over the Spektrum. Plus what I consider a worthwhile feature, the ability to run 5s. The 08BL150 has that function, on both the G1 and G2. Even the G1 Max esc's didn't have that ability. I swear, there are rigs and environments where 5s is just the sweet spot for power.

5s sounds like a nice option, Typhon comes to mind. Can a 3s and 2s battery be run together or would there be issues there? The selection of 5s batteries is limited compared to 4s and 6s.

5s sounds like a nice option, Typhon comes to mind. Can a 3s and 2s battery be run together or would there be issues there? The selection of 5s batteries is limited compared to 4s and 6s.
Yes, so long as they are of the same specs, mah and C ratings. 5s isn't really popular in rc's though, so pickings are slim unfortunately. Using a 2 and 3s together opens up alot more options.

The battery with the lower capacity, will drained quicker.
If you mix different batteries I agree, which is why I suggested using batteries of the same specs, and I'll add that they should be from the same manufacturer since there are no regulations regarding battery spec ratings.
I've done it, I didn't note any issues, with same specs and brand mind you.

I'm afraid that even if the only difference is the number of cells, then the 2cell battery would have this problem.
Not to side track this thread, but that's not correct. The same amperage going through a 3s lipo will be the same as that flowing through the 2s lipo. The amperage has to be the same everywhere in the circuit (for series). If the capacity is the same (Mah), then they are both rated for the same amount of amperage over an hour. Which is why you need to have mah and C rating match.

When you connect two packs in series, it's no different than how higher cell packs have the cells connected internally.

Not to side track this thread, but that's not correct. The same amperage going through a 3s lipo will be the same as that flowing through the 2s lipo. The amperage has to be the same everywhere in the circuit (for series). If the capacity is the same (Mah), then they are both rated for the same amount of amperage over an hour. Which is why you need to have mah and C rating match.

When you connect two packs in series, it's no different than how higher cell packs have the cells connected internally.

That's the conclusion I came to after @KnowAir posted about it. Basically all 5 cells are wired to the esc regardless of if they are packaged in a single 5s battery or separate 3s + 2s batteries. Match the mah & C rating and it will be the same end result.

Back