Honest question: Kraton EXB or Tekno MT410

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have both Kraton v2 and Tekno mt410. Two different animals all together. Both are a blast.

So with that being said i have a tekno mt410 and i have a kraton exb as well as a kraton rtr v2 6s and the exb is by far my favorite rc ive ever owned don't get me wrong the mt410 is nice but it's not as tough as the exb i mean it can be made as tough

But main thing on the mt410 is the small driveshafts they constantly bend and this is a huge downfall on this truck that is claimed to be the best basher in its class. Since getting my exb i don't even use the tekno

I now own an EXB and a MT410 and I agree with above about the Tekno, ? I haven't used my Tekno either for ages.....

I've never seen someone recommend a Kraton over a Tekno. Tekno seems to be the pinnacle of bashers.

I'll always recommend an Arrma over a Tekno and I'm sure I did earlier in this post, the Tekno is great don't get me wrong but it's so over hyped it's just ridiculous ?

If Arrma release an EXB Outcast/Notorious 6s the Tekno is finished.. R.I.P..?

I now own an EXB and a MT410 and I agree with above about the Tekno, ? I haven't used my Tekno either for ages.....

I'll always recommend an Arrma over a Tekno and I'm sure I did earlier in this post, the Tekno is great don't get me wrong but it's so over hyped it's just ridiculous ?

If Arrma release an EXB Outcast/Notorious 6s the Tekno is finished.. R.I.P..?

Arrma is great but their cars are way overhyped too so what's your point? Nothing like spending $550 on an rc car that needs another $300-500 in upgrades to survive a bash session.

Arrma is great but their cars are way overhyped too so what's your point? Nothing like spending $550 on an rc car that needs another $300-500 in upgrades to survive a bash session.
No real point just giving my 10 cents..
I totally agree with you ??? about the cost of an Arrma they are way overpriced, try living in the UK they cost even more..!!?
Was just pointing out that in my opinion the MT410 is over hyped and if Arrma release an EXB Outcast I believe it will out perform a MT410..!!

I was talking to the guy I bought the Outcast from and actually asked him about the MT410.

He bashes/races with people that have them and he says yes, the quality is evident BUT they break too. They arent invincible, and (at least in my area) its harder to "run and get parts" for one than Arrma, Traxxas, etc. Thats where the Outcast shines for me - I already have a bunch of spares because they are the same parts for our Kraton.

Yeah, the diffs are/will be an issue, but I think its one that can be handled with a little experience. Having never even torn down a diff before, Im still learning, but I know Ill get there. It would be nice if Arrma built heavier duty internals, but shimming seems to work well as long as its done right.

For some reason when a Tekno breaks it is operator error but with arrma the car is blamed. I still own a eb48.2 and it is great but the drivetrain is wimpy (driveshafts, and cvds...diffs are pretty solid) and they come with a plastic spur. Just think if arrma started putting a plastic spur on their 6s rigs, complaints would be endless but with tekno it's for "weight savings" so again they get a pass, when really they are just being cheap.

For the OP, if your heart is set on tekno get the et48 instead of the mt410. It's a lot more money but for size it is similar to a Kraton. Mt410 should be compared to an Outcast as it is more similar but weight wise its lighter and the weight it does carry is more rearward. Forgive me if I posted this already in this thread...

Last edited:
Buy both :p The best is to make his own opinion.

For sure the Tekno handle well, they are in racing and at the top of the level for that when arrma goes more and more far to be competitive on a track.

Since i know the Tekno has the same size than the Notorious, i'm less tempted by it. I really prefer longer wheelbase of a truggy, or bigger MT with longer wheelbase also.

Buy both :p The best is to make his own opinion.

For sure the Tekno handle well, they are in racing and at the top of the level for that when arrma goes more and more far to be competitive on a track.

Since i know the Tekno has the same size than the Notorious, i'm less tempted by it. I really prefer longer wheelbase of a truggy, or bigger MT with longer wheelbase also.
Tons of guys turning the ET48 into a MT.
https://www.teknoforums.com/threads/chainsaw10’s-monster-et48-3.145/#post-999

Last edited:
I have both, great cars for bashing. Both have issues, but we put them through heck. Arrma has a longer wheelbase which keeps the wheels down more and is sometimes more stable. A lot of guys change the Mt 410 to ET chassis just for that reason. You can't go wrong with you decision

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back