Senton How do I keep my fan to keep from getting filled with junk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC BOY

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
It was my first day driving my senton 6s blx and the fan kept on getting filled with pebbles and grass and getting jammed how should I fix this.

I think most guys put a piece of screen over it. Sorry this is the only pic I have handy. Kraton on right.

I do flip the fan over, makes more sense to pull air over esc and blow the heat up, also keeps debris from plugging fan.

I do flip the fan over, makes more sense to pull air over esc and blow the heat up, also keeps debris from plugging fan.
There is a reason that the fans on pretty much everything blow the air down onto the heatsink instead of sucking it up off the heatsink, the only time a fan will work better sucking air off a heatsink is if there is another fan blowing air into it. It is just the ways all fans work on every electronic device.
Let's take a cpu cooler for example. This is one of the best and largest consumer cpu heatsinks available on the market, it has 2 fans stuck between 2 layers of heatsinks and both fans blow air across the heatsinks they do not suck the air off of the heatsink.

Last edited:
If you are running in sandy and pebbly areas all the time, you may want to consider a chassis cover like this one you buy,

Or something you could make with some old panty hose. Whatever you use, make sure it doesn't touch any of the moving parts inside the chassis. This is a better approach than only trying to protect the fan, but will cost around $30 to buy a new one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back