How do you guys that film get your shots?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 1st 2 are my go-to options....

Go-pro on head or attached to car

Small flexible phone tri-pod- x2 gets multiple shot angles

Have someone else video

Transmitter phone holder-I did not like this as you gotta make sure the transmitter stays in one position. Takes practice, I gave up on it. :ROFLMAO:

What’s your filming technique’s/ mounting options, all that jazz? Lol. I’d like to take video but I can barely drive two handed let alone one. 🤣

You need to wear one of these fancy head gear >>
1678586966575.png

Frees up your hands.

I just started filming. I put velcro on my gopro mount and onto the transmitter, and stuck it right on the transmitter and filmed that way.
I can put velcro on any transmitter now and mount the gopro to shoot any car like that.
I just have to remember to point the transmitter and camera towards the car.

That's how I shot this one:

With my crawler video, I just drove with one hand and video on my phone in the other. Transmitter is small enough to one hand drive with the tab they put on the wheel.

I like the Velcro idea. Hmmmm.
I just started filming. I put velcro on my gopro mount and onto the transmitter, and stuck it right on the transmitter and filmed that way.
I can put velcro on any transmitter now and mount the gopro to shoot any car like that.
I just have to remember to point the transmitter and camera towards the car.

That's how I shot this one:

With my crawler video, I just drove with one hand and video on my phone in the other. Transmitter is small enough to one hand drive with the tab they put on the wheel.

That’s what I had kids for 😂, but go pro on hat and/or phone on transmitter.

Catching 100mph drifts takes elite hand-eye coordination however on the transmitter…

I use my phone POV for dragy performance data and video.

Lol yeah the hand eye coordination is my major problem. 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️😎

I'm interested to read about the on board camera shots. What cameras are used and how they are mounted.
I just stick/mount/clip my go-pro wherever I can on a rig.....
20220716_133713.jpg

I've tried mounting to car few times..Best to mount on rear of car for longevity.lol.cheap go pro mounting kit off amazon...also had good luck with refurbished go pros off ebay for cheap cheap..here's current head mount setup.due for a new one thou

16785897073033244720393089075634.jpg

For me personally I tried mounting the GoPro on the controller but found I wouldn’t always point the controller in the direction the RC is going.

The head strap seems to work best for me. Pretty much exactly what @K-BASH posted.

Last edited:
For me personally I tried mounting the GoPro on the controller but found I wouldn’t always point the controller in the direction the RC is going.

The head strap seems to work best for me. Pretty much exactly what @K-BASH posted.
Same! I used to feel goofy wearing it but now I'm used to it lol. I think it's the best option for the viewer too.

I use my phone with a 3d peinted mount. All the footage i have is me recording too low. My transmitter becomes nose heavy so without knowing im recording the ground instead.. been thinking buying maybe in the future one of the go pro competitor cameras. Go pro is kinda bad lol. I specially want one to make content out of my arrma nero

I just got this Noble mount today. It’s $75 on aliexpress and over $100 everywhere else. It seems well made, out of aluminum, fits great with a on/off button that works. I also have an older GoPro with head strap. I think our phones make the best quality video but finding a way to mount/hold it is tricky.
5AF8DA9F-1FC0-4381-AF1D-5076AF7FEA11.jpeg
1E3EEE61-0A42-4D4F-AF1F-B0E3F633A5AD.jpeg
97BB098B-F9ED-4E2A-AFDE-5029DDEAE196.jpeg

I just got this Noble mount today. It’s $75 on aliexpress and over $100 everywhere else. It seems well made, out of aluminum, fits great with a on/off button that works. I also have an older GoPro with head strap. I think our phones make the best quality video but finding a way to mount/hold it is tricky.
View attachment 284893View attachment 284894View attachment 284895
I would have to agree that some phones take some pretty amazing videos. Took this the other day when I forgot my GoPro. Not sure if I want to strap my phone to my head though. I’m already goofy looking without any camera strapped to my head.
🤪

Last edited:
I would have to agree that some phones take some pretty amazing videos. Took this the other day when I forgot my GoPro.

Not sure if I want to strap my phone to my head though. I’m already goofy looking without any camera strapped to my head. 🤪
OMG...I'm so jelly! 🏂 I am struggling out east with one of the worst seasons ever for NO snow. 😞 I'm debating even getting a season pass for next year as we speak.

I would have to agree that some phones take some pretty amazing videos. Took this the other day when I forgot my GoPro. Not sure if I want to strap my phone to my head though. I’m already goofy looking without any camera strapped to my head.
🤪

I'll take a sled down that.....that's about it. :ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back