Kraton How does this even happen?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigrayzrc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
1668204445636238837077591980463.jpg
the dog bone popped out of the drive cup

Common problem, there are a few things that can help.
Set your droop so the a arms bottom out before the shocks.
Add 10mm bump stops to the shocks. Just take off the rod end and slip a 10mm piece of nitro fuel line on the shock shaft then reinstall the rod end.
Remove the spacer from the upper a arm behind the pillow ball.

Add 10mm bump stops to the shocks. Just take off the rod end and slip a 10mm piece of nitro fuel line on the shock shaft then reinstall the rod end.
Tried fuel line, it just splits. I ended up using some rubber cord with 1/4" OD 1/8" ID. Would still compress a bit, but doesn't split.
This stuff: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08JH8Q4LF

Gave a foot of it to each of my bashing buddies too so they could use it as well.

That was with EXB arms on my kraton.
2022-0330-kraton-frontShockBumpStops.jpg

When I put RPM arms on it, the limiter wasn't enough. I had to shave 1.5mm off the ends of the arms. I don't know if the limiter was still necessary, but I left it in. Haven't had the issue since and I don't hear the tell tale "clickity clack" sound as I hit the face of jumps either. I also replaced the front output cups with M2C cups since they were all chewed up already.

Tried fuel line, it just splits. I ended up using some rubber cord with 1/4" OD 1/8" ID. Would still compress a bit, but doesn't split.
This stuff: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08JH8Q4LF

Gave a foot of it to each of my bashing buddies too so they could use it as well.

That was with EXB arms on my kraton.
2022-0330-kraton-frontShockBumpStops.jpg

When I put RPM arms on it, the limiter wasn't enough. I had to shave 1.5mm off the ends of the arms. I don't know if the limiter was still necessary, but I left it in. Haven't had the issue since and I don't hear the tell tale "clickity clack" sound as I hit the face of jumps either. I also replaced the front output cups with M2C cups since they were all chewed up already.
One of mine started to split I noticed, but it had been on there for like 8 months.

I'm not convinced that Rpm a arms are any better than the stock ones. I've broken one of my EXB a arms on my Kraton this year, but two Rpms on my Outcast. 🤷‍♂️ Next time they break I'm going to give the EXB arms a try, I have everything to convert to the EXB setup except for 1 front upper a arm and the pillow balls.
How do you guys feel about the little limiters like on ebay.. anyone ever try them!?

View attachment 255762

Idk if I have seen these before. Do you have a link?

Did all 3 combined . It works.
Used 8mm of Bump stop on the shock shafts.
Bent bones and worn out pins and cups don't help.

One of mine started to split I noticed, but it had been on there for like 8 months.

I'm not convinced that Rpm a arms are any better than the stock ones. I've broken one of my EXB a arms on my Kraton this year, but two Rpms on my Outcast. 🤷‍♂️ Next time they break I'm going to give the EXB arms a try, I have everything to convert to the EXB setup except for 1 front upper a arm and the pillow balls.

After breaking 3 upper arms on my kraton exb in the 3 or for bash sessions... I got the RPM's for it. I've broken a couple rear RPM's on my outcast since 2018 when I got it, but it's rare. I haven't broken a rear exb arm on my kraton yet.

How do you guys feel about the little limiters like on ebay.. anyone ever try them!?
What limiters?

Would be nice to have a whole set of bump stops in diff sizes for the 6s shock shafts 3d printed in PLA?
Perhaps even clip ons for quicker fine tuning.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back