How many retired guys in here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This guy is WAY correct on the subject. Pay off debt and you can retire at the minimum SS for full benefits and you can live off social security in most states.
SS was never intended as a full income source but rather a supplement to your retirement. Your making a huge mistake if your relying on the gov. To take care of you in retirement. I see so many people passing on their 401k contributions because they have a $700.00 truck payment and can't afford it. Been there done that. I made all the mistakes...declared bankruptcy, had a car repossessed etc. Hit rock bottom and woke up!! I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed and never made over 58k in any 1 year, but said enough is enough. Luckily I was young enough to get on the right track with budgeting and pull myself out of that black hole. Most of you make way more money than I ever did. I strongly suggest getting on board with Dave Ramseys baby steps if you need financial direction. Its very simple to understand. Following through is where most fall short. I'm not rich and I'm not bragging. Just trying to inspire some who think retirement is not possible cuz it is. Everyone deserves to retire after working away all your young years. Its your decisions that will determine if that happens.

I recently had to retire due to lingering health issues. I was planning on going in about 6 years anyway. Not the money I was counting on, but we have been smart with our money. Definitely cuts into rc spending. 🥲 never thought I would be retired at 54.

Trying to sort out the new life.😀 what do you guys fill your days with?
I'm retired at 64, after being in the automotive industry all of my adult life. Mostly as a mechanic, then later I opened a repair shop for 22 years. I sold it 2 years ago and retired. I just got into rc cars when one of my nephews got a couple for Christmas he's 9, we have fun together. I bought a Arrma granite 4x4 a few weeks ago and I really enjoy playing with it. As for as things to do being retired, I work around the house different projects fixing things up a bit. I ride my Harley with my motorcycle friends, I go fishing at the coast several times throughout the year. Plus a whole lot more.

I'm retired at 64, after being in the automotive industry all of my adult life. Mostly as a mechanic, then later I opened a repair shop for 22 years. I sold it 2 years ago and retired. I just got into rc cars when one of my nephews got a couple for Christmas he's 9, we have fun together. I bought a Arrma granite 4x4 a few weeks ago and I really enjoy playing with it. As for as things to do being retired, I work around the house different projects fixing things up a bit. I ride my Harley with my motorcycle friends, I go fishing at the coast several times throughout the year. Plus a whole lot more.
Good for you! So much to do in retirement. Wonder how we had time to work!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back