How many retired guys in here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bbqguy52

Upgrade your weekend: Take Monday Off...
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Vorteks
I recently had to retire due to lingering health issues. I was planning on going in about 6 years anyway. Not the money I was counting on, but we have been smart with our money. Definitely cuts into rc spending. 🥲 never thought I would be retired at 54.

Trying to sort out the new life.😀 what do you guys fill your days with?

I suggest plenty of excercise and RC or any hobby that helps the mind stay active also. What everyone else retired says.
Stay off the boob tube. It will eat you alive, before you realize it.
Its all too easy to become a couch potato.
A body in motion stays in motion. Whatever excercise activity you can do. Even a good walk every day after dinner is a big plus.
Always get a good 8 hours sleep at a minimum. Every day. You will live longer. Fact.
You are on your own clock now. No job to run to. Make that work for you. You worked hard for years, now this is your time at the back end. Be there, healthy for your family.
:cool:

Last edited:
I suggest plenty of excercise and RC or any hobby that helps the mind stay active also. What everyone else retired says.
Stay off the boob tube. It will eat you alive, before you realize it.
Its all too easy to become a couch potato.
A body in motion stays in motion. Whatever excercise activity you can do. Even a good walk every day after dinner is a big plus.
Always get a good 8 hours sleep at a minimum. Every day. You will live longer. Fact.
You are on your own clock now. No job to run to. Make that work for you. You worked hard for years, now this is your time at the back end. Be there, healthy for your family.
:cool:
Steve speaks the truth. I retired just under 2 years ago. I'm loving it! Do a lot of boating, 4 wheeling, of course Rc'ing. Walking the dogs etc. Bought a few e bikes just before retiring also. Staying active is paramount to a longer life.

I retired 15 years ago at 55 and have never regretted it. Not wealthy but I can do what I want when I choose to do it. First thing I did was sell my alarm clock and work boots, lol.
Just stay active in mind and body, go volunteer somewhere. Make more use of the rc toys you already have, no need to keep buying more.

Get a civil service job to retire in 20 years. Start taking tests now. 20 years goes by fast. Or continue with school and college and have an edge on everyone. Even better.

I retired 2 years ago..
It didn't work out well... apparently you are supposed to have money in order to live.
Had to go back to workin pretty quickly.

I don't intend on spending my life working to retire when I'm too broken to enjoy doing the things I want to do. I am an extremely active person and have always been hard on my body. 60 is going to be rough.

I wasn't planning on retiring when I did, but my 'leg' was forced. I retired when I hit 50. Why? I lost my leg in a horrible accident, with other lingering issues. Now, I'm 56, going on 57 later this year. It started out great! Then, about 2 years into retirement, stuff got boring. I was doing the r/c thing, off roading with my BEAST of a Jeep, and other stuff. For me, now its more of a hum drum life now.

I got a long ways to go before I retire 😁.but that's fine with me because retirement doesn't seem all that from most I've heard..your old ,you stop moving and then things go south..but if retirement is working out for ,then I wish you all the best and enjoy every second of it ..👍I'll be back in this thread in about 19 years.For those who were forced to retire sooner i wish you all the best

Last edited:
Retiring can be a blessing or a nightmare. Planning is the key. Some, as mentioned above are forced into retirement by no fault of their own and that's unfortunate. For those that have the ability to plan, it's imperative to have your home, cars, and ALL bills payed off before retiring. You would be surprised how little money you can live on without bills. Many can live on ss alone if planned properly. I'm one of them. It's imperative to invest in your 401k or just save in general. Above all, you need to master the ability to control your spending habits and live on a budget and yes, you can still live and not just exist. Proper budgeting is much more important than how much you make. Not rocket science, it's all about self discipline.

Did not mean to offend you. 🤷‍♂️. Hey I only worked for him, wasn't like I was 🚫ing him. To each their own.🇺🇲
Brotha you didn't offend me or anyone on here...uncle same steels from us hard workers every fkin day.if our taxes were used wisely and used for our people and the things we need in our country first before it goes to other countries I'd be ok with it ..what pisses me off is I see veterans at Walmart begging for food or money and homeless living in tents .like wtf
.why can't this country take care of the hunger here first ..🤷 this is why I say fuk uncle Samantha 🤣
Millions spent on sending missiles to other countries but we can't give milk and bread to our vets ,and homeless..that's some Bull shhhh

Last edited:
Good words of advice guys. Thanks. My medical problems have kept me down quite a bit. Sometimes it's not even possible to run the rc's. I have kept a positive attitude about things. I don't suffer from depression. The family has been great.

I'm headed to minot nd to try ice fishing with my youngest son. Taking my mini crawler with me. Looking forward to that. All three of my kids have done well in life. So I get to pester them a bit.🤪 Three young grandchildren are fun as well.

My oldest son gave me his old 3d printer and a new one at Christmas. Been doing a lot with that. Maybe I will invent the next great rc widget 🤣.

It's always fun to lurk around here. You guys crack me up 😆.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back