I’m too drunk to taste this chicken

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a counterpoint, I also dislike the fact that sporting events start with the national anthem, it has nothing to do with the game unless you are playing an international tournament like the Olympics. I don't go to a little league game to show my patriotism, so there is that.

How was he cancelled? From my understanding he still wrestles on the team?

From my perspective the coach wasn’t forcing the kid to stand just asking him to respect the fact that they wanted the whole team to stand as one.

So to me that’s the coach respecting the kid’s decision to not stand without repercussions, ie. him still being on the team and able to wrestle and participate with the team even though he has a different belief, while also the kid respecting the coaches wanting to be unified as a team during the anthem.

If the kid doesn’t want to be a part of the anthem why be out there to begin with.

Cancelling is first about telling someone to go away if you are not like us or think like us. Simply pointing to a pattern of behaviour. Right now a core problem of societies world wide. Comes in many variations: Your skin color is wrong, your pronouns are not like I want them to be, your age is wrong, you're car is not electric, election denier, racist, etc. Point to someone, make an accusation, ride on it like it's the truth and remove them. It's where divide an conquer begins. Goes on with Mao, Stalin , Hitler, Pol Pot killing fields, handlers of political front figures. :unsure: Same story again and again. Those posing as tolerant are the most intolerant of all. And that is also a core part of cancelling.

Think about it: Already the thought is there about removing someone from the fun team or not (at least for a while) for trying to use one's own brain. That's dangerous.

It manifests on higher levels: Vaccine mandates or get fired, pronoun mandates, getting rid of free speech, masks, diversity hires (decided by whom?), war mongering, creation of artificial wars, media bias etc.

Last edited:
I'm probably of the less popular opinion here. In my opinion he is on a team, as a team you should present a united front. If you are not a team player you should not be on the team. Small sacrifice to participate in something you enjoy.
I respect that to a point, but we’re talking about a sporting team. One can have love, camaraderie, discipline and respect for the team, even if the team is comprised of members of multiple races, religions, gay, straight, left, right, or by those who ain't saying no pledge of allegiance or blindly professing undying loyalty to an establishment they might not entirely agree with. They can still be a team, respect one another, and work in a healthy and cohesive way. Like people here used to.
It all falls apart when somebody points a finger at someone else’s choices and fails to respect their point of view whether they agree with it or not.
I was raised to respect the flag and what it stands for. United We Stand, Divided We Fall.
No matter what? That‘s some dangerous turf right there. I’m quite sure you could envision a few scenarios in which you might no longer offer your unconditional support to the flag. Think about it.
As a military brat, I was pretty familiar with the flag since birth, and one flies from my house as we speak. That doesn’t in any way mean that I won’t protest in the streets, engage in civil disobedience, and vote in response to the less than occasional outrage that our government throws at us. To love this country is not to be without criticism of it. If people have no criticism against the flag now and then, then they are not paying attention. Or worse.

I respect that to a point, but we’re talking about a sporting team. One can have love, camaraderie, discipline and respect for the team, even if the team is comprised of members of multiple races, religions, gay, straight, left, right, or by those who ain't saying no pledge of allegiance or blindly professing undying loyalty to an establishment they might not entirely agree with. They can still be a team, respect one another, and work in a healthy and cohesive way. Like people here used to.
It all falls apart when somebody points a finger at someone else’s choices and fails to respect their point of view whether they agree with it or not.

No matter what? That‘s some dangerous turf right there. I’m quite sure you could envision a few scenarios in which you might no longer offer your unconditional support to the flag. Think about it.
As a military brat, I was pretty familiar with the flag since birth, and one flies from my house as we speak. That doesn’t in any way mean that I won’t protest in the streets, engage in civil disobedience, and vote in response to the less than occasional outrage that our government throws at us. To love this country is not to be without criticism of it. If people have no criticism against the flag now and then, then they are not paying attention. Or worse.
Dan, I rarely think in extremes, there are always exceptions, I also misread Ron's original post, I didn't realize this was over the Pledge of Allegiance, I thought I had read National Anthem. The P of A does seem a little silly at sporting events, but I'd like to think we all have a little national pride no matter our leanings are.

Last edited:
Dan, I rarely think in extremes, there are always exceptions, I also misread Ron's original post, I didn't realize this was over the Pledge of Allegiance, I thought I had read National Anthem. The P of A does seem a little silly at sporting events, but I'd like to think we all have a little national pride no matter our leanings are.
Most definitely, sir.

He doesn’t stand for the anthem or the pledge

I’ve had a minute too cool off , kinda over this deal

If my son doesn’t want to stand for the anthem or for the pledge then he doesn’t have to and anyone that attempts to force him to do either will then have the pleasure of answering to me .

I will be talking to marine b1tch most likely today

Just so he knows that my sons do not answer to him and they are FREE to do as they wish in regards to their beliefs about his service .
If he doesn’t like what I tell him or attempts to force and or make life rough for my son then I will move up the ladder to the superintendent, as well as the school board.
Merica

I will be talking to marine b1tch most likely today
Was it a bear hug in the end

Bear Hugs GIF

or a duell gun fight?

Machine Gun Lol GIF by Justin Gammon

No
It was more like how he was trying to help my son .

And how he wants my son to focus on wrestling and not the stress or possibility of other kids “being mean to him” because he chooses to exercise his right…

Bla bla bla

I was of course polite and respectful
As was he …

In the end I told him the decision is my sons .
And , that of all people he should be the one defending my sons decision…
We will see what the next couple meets bring …

I think he read this thread. Then saw on your bio something about Felony & Infraction and some Mega Typhoon and got a fright. I know psychology stuff really well and I'm pretty sure about this.
Ya he’s on here ….

I think his user name is marine b1tch ?
lol

He probably read
“ FELONACTION “
and was like
Oh chit !!!!
Dis guy cray cray !!!!
I read ahead, who made the stinky chicken?
lol
You son of a gun Josh
How you doin man ?

Last edited:
Loved reading this thread and how opinions evolved. I could respond to much but will keep it to this:

I think the problem with freedom is;
  • Humans are inherently flaud (sorry guys none of us are perfect)
  • Humans are generally willing to do good from (own) perspective and values (which often is clouded)
And that bites... I believe, as far as i can tell from the info given, the assistant coach is genuinely acting upon good intentions within the boundries of his own freedom. Still it frictions with the freedom of miniRon, whom in his own perspective is doing something simular.
So can you blame one or the other to act out of freedom, accidently limiting the freedom of another?

I fear, freedom is a limited commodity...

Loved reading this thread and how opinions evolved. I could respond to much but will keep it to this:

I think the problem with freedom is;
  • Humans are inherently flaud (sorry guys none of us are perfect)
  • Humans are generally willing to do good from (own) perspective and values (which often is clouded)
And that bites... I believe, as far as i can tell from the info given, the assistant coach is genuinely acting upon good intentions within the boundries of his own freedom. Still it frictions with the freedom of miniRon, whom in his own perspective is doing something simular.
So can you blame one or the other to act out of freedom, accidently limiting the freedom of another?

I fear, freedom is a limited commodity...
Whoa whoa there little buddy...maybey you not perfect ,but I myself sure am way over perfect 😁👍,as a matter of fact ,my middle name is perfectionist.🤔 Or is it my Last name🤔or first, 🤷it doesn't matter because my mom says so 🤣🤣
If only i was perfect :p
Maybey you are🤷

Whoa whoa there little buddy...maybey you not perfect ,but I myself sure am way over perfect 😁👍,as a matter of fact ,my middle name is perfectionist.🤔 Or is it my Last name🤔or first, 🤷it doesn't matter because my mom says so 🤣🤣

Maybey you are🤷
***maybe*** ...I just blew your theory with one word!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back