I’m too drunk to taste this chicken

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Typhon 6s
  3. Typhon Mega
I’m gonna try and give the short version of the latest BS that ima deal with ….
My oldest son 13
Of all my sons 3 in total that I know of , my oldest is the absolute most kind hearted , softest , most honest and forthright young man I’ve ever known much less had the honor to father ….

He recently started wrestling at school he’s been to 2 meets so far and is doing quite well actually!

So this young man has years ago decided he does not want to pledge his allegiance to the flag and or cross his heart hope to die may a cat poop in his eye whatever….

I “make” my sons do certain things!
Pledging/ standing: saluting the flag is NOT one of them .
This is his choice
Not mine ….

He sits respectfully and quiet whilst everyone else conforms to the flag pledging … he’s absolutely not disrespectful in any manner.
Believe me if my son was a chitball I would straight up say look my oldest son is a real bick!!!!!!
Anyhoo
At his first wrestling meet he sat during the oh say can you see stuff
Afterwords……. One of the asst coaches (I think he’s a high school coach) approached him and said
“hey lil fella I noticed you were not standing for the flag I just wanted to make sure no one was giving you a hard time about it “
So I knew nothing about this interaction between asst coach and my son until after the meet ,
Which by the way my son pinned dude in his first match ever that evening!!

On our way home son tells papa Burgandy
Hey dad coach :;;;(()) is “a marine “
I said
“Son”
Boy said
“Listen dad just listen “
Alright …… so I let my son stifle me (kinda)
As he defended this marine wrestling coach and said dad he’s trying to help me he’s making sure no one is giving me a hard time …
( in reality the only one giving my son a “hard time “ about it is this ditch marine)
Ok SON !!!!!!
That was Tuesday evening
There was another wrestling meet last night
On our ride home boy says
Hey. Dad
Yes Son
So asst coach marine guy
Pulled me off to the side were no one else could hear us , before we got on the bus to go to the meet, and started questioning me about standing for the pledge and anthem ….
I said
NO chit??? !!!!
He’s a fuggin marine son …..
But anyway I let my son continue….
As I basically knew what was coming…
This mother crapper told my son
“how does it make your school look if you sit during the anthem”
He told my son
“How bout you stay in the locker room or somewhere else until the anthem is over so that no one sees you sit during the anthem, so that you don’t make your school look bad “

Ya ….

I’ve raised my sons obviously to be way to soft
What this guy did : in the manipulating manner that he coerced my son into thinking this MARINE was trying to help him , then tells him to disappear so he doesn’t make the school look bad , well it bothers me just a little!!!!
I’m kidding
I’m straight pissed off !!! Fug this guy
I’m not posting this to offend anyone
I’m actually trying to get it off my shoulders before I “metaphorically” stomp this marines eyeballs out of his head .
What this “man “ did to my son is very wrong and probably not legal..,
I’m not the kind of person to go tell on someone
So I’m definitely reaching out for any and all opinions.
Promise you won’t hurt my feelers
Ron
Mother
Fuggin
Burgandy

Last edited:
My oldest son 13
Of all my sons 3 in total that I know of , my oldest is the absolute most kind hearted , softest , most honest and forthright young man I’ve ever known much less had the honor to father ….

He recently started wrestling at school he’s been to 2 meets so far and is doing quite well actually!

So this young man has years ago decided he does not want to pledge his allegiance to the flag and or cross his heart hope to die may a cat poop in his eye whatever….

This is his choice
Not mine ….

He sits respectfully and quiet whilst everyone else conforms to the flag pledging … he’s absolutely not disrespectful in any manner.
Believe me if my son was a chitball I would straight up say look my oldest son is a real bick!!!!!!
Anyhoo
Afterwords……. One of the asst coaches (I think he’s a high school coach) approached him and said
“hey lil fella I noticed you were not standing for the flag I just wanted to make sure no one was giving you a hard time about it “
So I knew nothing about this interaction between asst coach and my son until after the meet ,

I said
“Son”
Boy said
As he defended this marine wrestling coach and said dad he’s trying to help me he’s making sure know one is giving me a hard time …

Ok SON !!!!!!
That was Tuesday evening
Hey. Dad
Yes Son
So asst coach marine guy
Pulled me off to the side were no one else could hear us , before we got on the bus to go to the meet, and started questioning me about standing for the pledge and anthem ….
I said
NO chit??? !!!!
He told my son
“How bout you stay in the locker room or somewhere else until the anthem is over so that no one sees you sit during the anthem, so that you don’t make your school look bad “

Ya ….

What this guy did : in the manipulating manner that he coerced my son into thinking this MARINE was trying to help him , then tells him to disappear so he doesn’t make the school look bad , well it bothers me just a little!!!!
I’m kidding
I’m actually trying to get it off my shoulders before I “metaphorically” stomp this marines eyeballs out of his head .
Ron
Mother
Fuggin
Burgandy
as a father of two boys ,I completely understand how you feel.i personally would have a talk with this marine.id first ask my son if he would mind .. because sometimes kids don't want parents to get involved and maybey after the talk ,that Marine might pick on your son after .maybey your son might want to handle things on his own ..I'd talk to your son and see where he stands .I've had issues in the past where I had confronted a few of my son's soccer coaches and I didn't ask my son's opinion because of my igo and my son had rather me not interfere..I'm still glad I did step in and give them coaches my peice of mind.but at the end it's important to know how your son feels is best for him ..just be there for him no matter what.and stand by his side whatever his choice is ..support ,our kids need it good luck .your a good dad.👍

My children are in kindergarten. They are supposedly offered a time to for the Pledge but not taught about it and neither one of my twins has any idea what it is. I personally feel this is a shame. I would do something about it but my wife derives income from the school system and I am afraid of repercussions. I also live in a liberal state where that is all that is required by law

This strays a little from what you are talking about but I personally feel that pride in our country is important and that our kids need to be taught what the flag means before we can make the changes this country also needs. I am far from a conservative and have a mix of traditional and liberal views on how our country should be moving forward. Any conversation about America and the flag that I have with my children involves how we got here.

I agree with King blitz. I would first talk to your son about how he feels and whether he wants you to get involved. Then with his permission I would have a private conversation with the assistant coach that shows respect for the fact he was a marine but lays out your position that your son won't be hiding in any lockers while the Anthem plays. After that conversation, I would move forward as needed but involve your son at every step as there can be team and social consequences.

Not really amazed. Young boys get cancelled in some way just about everywhere. Feminst boy-hating teachers, got to actually say their gender in school (how devastating for a childs psychology), lgbt thrown at kids in some form all the time (one liberal mother in my neighbourhood said she would sadly call here 10 year old son homophobic because all of the lgbt thrown at the kids), same aged girls with that harsh cold vibe that has become so common in women, girls competing who shows most skin it's simply become ridiculous, beeing ridiculed for gaming, some Karen bitching when out on skateboard, cancel culture rampant - totally understandable the kids are saying in some form enough is enough. Misguided or not it's probably a form of "just give me a chance at some kind of dignity in public". And seriously what the American flag represents right now is what??? Is it open or closed borders? The government now or not? Fentanyl or not? 80.000+ children missing that came over the border or not? Does the American flag right now represent how they left Afghanistan or not? How a society treats it's incarcerated says a lot about it. Veterans living on the street or not? Caring for veterans or not? Hard to say what the flag represents right now - isn't it?

Last edited:
as a father of two boys ,I completely understand how you feel.i personally would have a talk with this marine.id first ask my son if he would mind .. because sometimes kids don't want parents to get involved and maybey after the talk ,that Marine might pick on your son after .maybey your son might want to handle things on his own ..I'd talk to your son and see where he stands .I've had issues in the past where I had confronted a few of my son's soccer coaches and I didn't ask my son's opinion because of my igo and my son had rather me not interfere..I'm still glad I did step in and give them coaches my peice of mind.but at the end it's important to know how your son feels is best for him ..just be there for him no matter what.and stand by his side whatever his choice is ..support ,our kids need it good luck .your a good dad.👍
Absolutely! Agree !

I’ve already had conversation with my son and it’s entirely up to him …. I told him I didn’t want to embarrass him ….
He laughed….

He told me he cares not if I confront marine b1tch about this situation….
I’m thoroughly pissed off for sure !!

Captain America should have picked on someone else’s kid …. I’m inclined to purchase multiple American flags , write his name on half of them …
Let him know ima give one to his wife to use as a clean up rag …
I give no fugs
Im in no way intimidated by this b1tch …

I don’t care if he’s a marine
His actions are WAY out of line !
Tell my 13 yr old son to disappear during his National anthem so he doesn’t “make the school look bad “
F_ck him

I am missing some context in this about the why.

I think everyone knows standing and saluting is more of a show of respect (especially to traditional/older generations or military individuals). If you are not standing when 99% of the others are, then it is more or less showing disrespect in some peoples eyes. I think everyone knows this action is going to rub some people the wrong way. Almost like asking for conflict... The part that confuses me is if I am going to do something that makes people upset, I should not be surprised when someone speaks up... Am I wrong?

I do things out of respect often that I don't necessarily align with because I want to respect others and not cause un necessary friction.

If MY son didn't stand and pledge the flag, my son wouldn't be able to sit for a very long time.

No matter who was in the WH.

Just how I roll.
I understand. I also support your decision in regards to your child and or children.

Wholeheartedly!!!

My son is the type of young man that….
Had marine b1tch approached my son and said
“ hey lil Burgandy, the flag and anthem are really important to me and it would be an honor to me (marine b1tch) if you would stand during the anthem”

My son would have absolutely stood solely for this one guy whom asked him to stand for him and him only !!

That’s because my oldest son has a big heart … he would have completely disregarded his own beliefs , rights or whatever just to do this guy (marine b1tch) a favor !!!
But marine b1tch chose a different route .

He chose to use his brainwashing techniques on my son …

He messed up !

I don’t respect that he was is or might be a marine ….
I don’t respect anything about him …
I honestly can’t emphasize how much I absolutely do not nor will I ever have respect for this tool ..

Mess with me all he wants !
Honestly that would have been easier on him !!(marine b1tch)
Don’t f_ck with my sons !

Absolutely! Agree !

I’ve already had conversation with my son and it’s entirely up to him …. I told him I didn’t want to embarrass him ….
He laughed….

He told me he cares not if I confront marine b1tch about this situation….
I’m thoroughly pissed off for sure !!

Captain America should have picked on someone else’s kid …. I’m inclined to purchase multiple American flags , write his name on half of them …
Let him know ima give one to his wife to use as a clean up rag …
I give no fugs
Im in no way intimidated by this b1tch …

I don’t care if he’s a marine
His actions are WAY out of line !
Tell my 13 yr old son to disappear during his National anthem so he doesn’t “make the school look bad “
F_ck him
Hell yeah 😁👍

I understand. I also support your decision in regards to your child and or children.

Wholeheartedly!!!

“ hey lil Burgandy, the flag and anthem are really important to me and it would be an honor to me (marine b1tch) if you would stand during the anthem”

My son would have absolutely stood solely for this one guy whom asked him to stand for him and him only !!

That’s because my oldest son has a big heart … he would have completely disregarded his own beliefs , rights or whatever just to do this guy (marine b1tch) a favor !!!

He messed up !

I honestly can’t emphasize how much I absolutely do not nor will I ever have respect for this tool ..

Gotcha, I understand what your saying now.
It was all about his approach and trying to manipulate.

My oldest son 13

This is his choice
Not mine ….

Anyhoo

I said
“Son”
Boy said
As he defended this marine wrestling coach and said dad he’s trying to help me he’s making sure no one is giving me a hard time …
( in reality the only one giving my son a “hard time “ about it is this ditch marine)
Ok SON !!!!!!
That was Tuesday evening
Hey. Dad
Yes Son
So asst coach marine guy
I said
NO chit??? !!!!
He told my son

Ya ….

I’m kidding
Ron
Mother
Fuggin
Burgandy
I have a lot of respect for you as a father for letting/encouraging your son to walk his own path. Too many parents simply try to immortalize themselves in their children. In addition, the fact that your son has taken a pretty difficult (and normally quite unpopular) stance and stuck to it regardless of what must be a very uncomfortable situation for him also shows that you’ve imparted principles and character to him. It must not be easy for him to put himself on the spot like that during the pledge or anthem, knowing people are looking at him, perhaps judging him, and just being in the spotlight on such a hot-button topic.
I‘ll refrain from giving advice here. I will say that under the circumstances I’d be pissed as well. I’ve finally learned to take my wife’s council on situations like this before I run off half cocked, and strive to resolve situations in a constructive manner. It’s not a foolproof approach for me even today. I have a long, proud history of having rather severe mouth problems at times and an unwillingness to let things go when I should. My wife provides a calm, level head.
But honestly Ron, it doesn’t seem to me that you even need advice here. It sounds as though you’ll continue to discuss this with your son and make a decision, or not, about how to proceed. Whatever the decision is, it appears you’re doing a good job raising your kids. Props, dad.

Wholeheartedly!!!

He messed up !

I get what yer sayin now. (y)

For me, my son was taught at a young age that you stand for the flag, period. That flag represents your freedom. Common knowledge in my house. ;)

I am missing some context in this about the why.

I think everyone knows standing and saluting is more of a show of respect (especially to traditional/older generations or military individuals). If you are not standing when 99% of the others are, then it is more or less showing disrespect in some peoples eyes. I think everyone knows this action is going to rub some people the wrong way. Almost like asking for conflict... The part that confuses me is if I am going to do something that makes people upset, I should not be surprised when someone speaks up... Am I wrong?

I do things out of respect often that I don't necessarily align with because I want to respect others and not cause un necessary friction.
He has his own reason .
Hes not looking for a reaction….
Although I have informed him that someday, at some point in time, someone might say something to him in regards to pledging or not
It’s his choice, isn’t it ?
Isn’t he supposed to be “free” to do as he wants ?
You know “merica” !!!!

Isn’t that what this supposed “marine” served for ???
For my son to have the choice, the right the freedom to sit stand do jumping jacks whatever???

I’m not the kind of person that cares about what other people think about me.

I don’t do things just because other people do them.
Some people rub wieners together…
I do not !
I definitely do not follow the masses ….

I can promise that in a crowd of people if I sit down during the anthem, not one person will say one word to me .
I have a certain look about me .
I ’m not Billy bad ass but ain’t nobody saying anything to me ..

I appreciate everyone’s opinion’s
I’m in no way shape or form attempting to disrespect anyone that has served in the military .
I know several actually close friends one who served in the Korean war and World War II
Several Marines that I have known for 40 years …
None of which would have said something to anyone much less a child like this guy (marine b1tch) did to my son.

I get what yer sayin now. (y)

For me, my son was taught at a young age that you stand for the flag, period. That flag represents your freedom. Common knowledge in my house. ;)
I come from a household that worked for this country. My dad was a marine for years, then transferred to the Air Force, then worked in his AF job with the State Department before he finally retired. I am a proud American, even if I get super pissed about our direction sometimes. And yeah, I’m probably always going to stand during the anthem no matter how pissed I am.
The pledge of allegiance is another matter entirely. I strongly disagree with it, refused to say it in high school and got expelled for four days. My parents came to my support on that issue, and I appreciated that. I’m not pledging any kind of blanket allegiance to this government or any other institution, and the “one nation under god” crap has always really irked me. Leave god (or any other religious BS) out of my government, like the constitution guaranteed.

I have a lot of respect for you as a father for letting/encouraging your son to walk his own path. Too many parents simply try to immortalize themselves in their children. In addition, the fact that your son has taken a pretty difficult (and normally quite unpopular) stance and stuck to it regardless of what must be a very uncomfortable situation for him also shows that you’ve imparted principles and character to him. It must not be easy for him to put himself on the spot like that during the pledge or anthem, knowing people are looking at him, perhaps judging him, and just being in the spotlight on such a hot-button topic.
I‘ll refrain from giving advice here. I will say that under the circumstances I’d be pissed as well. I’ve finally learned to take my wife’s council on situations like this before I run off half cocked, and strive to resolve situations in a constructive manner. It’s not a foolproof approach for me even today. I have a long, proud history of having rather severe mouth problems at times and an unwillingness to let things go when I should. My wife provides a calm, level head.
But honestly Ron, it doesn’t seem to me that you even need advice here. It sounds as though you’ll continue to discuss this with your son and make a decision, or not, about how to proceed. Whatever the decision is, it appears you’re doing a good job raising your kids. Props, dad.
Thank you sir .

I come from a household that worked for this country. My dad was a marine for years, then transferred to the Air Force, then worked in his AF job with the State Department before he finally retired. I am a proud American, even if I get super pissed about our direction sometimes. And yeah, I’m probably always going to stand during the anthem no matter how pissed I am.
The pledge of allegiance is another matter entirely. I strongly disagree with it, refused to say it in high school and got expelled for four days. My parents came to my support on that issue, and I appreciated that. I’m not pledging any kind of blanket allegiance to this government or any other institution, and the “one nation under god” crap has always really irked me. Leave god (or any other religious BS) out of my government, like the constitution guaranteed.

(y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

Freedom to practice any religion, or none at all. That's part of what's supposed to be great about our country.

Isn’t he supposed to be “free” to do as he wants ?
You know “merica” !!!!

Isn’t that what this supposed “marine” served for ???
For my son to have the choice, the right the freedom to sit stand do jumping jacks whatever???
You‘re damned right, and that’s where I’m coming from. Every person who has ever fought for this country or gone to the polls and voted has done so for that very reason, whether they like to think so or not. This protects those like your son, or anyone else who makes a stand or has an opinion. It even protects the hate speech coming from the mutant, inbred piglet racists crawling out from beneath their rocks. Like it or not, it’s the most basic freedom this country affords us and from where I sit is the most important right to fight for.
Maybe someone will remind that ex Marine of that. His service helped to guarantee your son‘s right to make this decision in the first place. He needs to make peace with it.

GOD (whoever that is to you) is mentioned in the constitution over 200 times. Freedom to believe in what you choose is what that FLAG and the USA is about!

I think the Marine coach handled it pretty well. He didn’t tell your son to either stand or get kicked off the team.

I get it, your family doesn’t want to do it, but when you look at the Marine Coach’s side (having no idea what he has or hasn’t been through) it’s hard to not see his side as well.

Personally if I was your son, I’d sit in the locker room until it’s over, and then go wrestle and do my thing.

Being on the wrestling team is a privilege, not a right. Get bad grades in class, you’re off the team. When you’re on a team, the Coach is the boss. Just like in life, if you don’t want to work for a boss cause you don’t like his rules… go work for yourself.

GOD (whoever that is to you) is mentioned in the constitution over 200 times. Freedom to believe in what you choose is what that FLAG and the USA is about!
Agreed. There is nothing more important. I will also steadfastly support the separation of Church and State.
I think the Marine coach handled it pretty well. He didn’t tell your son to either stand or get kicked off the team.

I get it, your family doesn’t want to do it, but when you look at the Marine Coach’s side (having no idea what he has or hasn’t been through) it’s hard to not see his side as well.

Personally if I was your son, I’d sit in the locker room until it’s over, and then go wrestle and do my thing.

Being on the wrestling team is a privilege, not a right. Get bad grades in class, you’re off the team. When you’re on a team, the Coach is the boss. Just like in life, if you don’t want to work for a boss cause you don’t like his rules… go work for yourself.
I don’t agree. Supposedly supporting his decision, as long as he’s out of sight and not offending anyone? That’s suppression in and of itself.
It doesn’t matter what any service member ever did or didn’t go through, they signed up and were fighting for that kids first amendment right and his ability to express it. Whether or not anyone’s stance is supported, agreed upon, hated, or anything else doesn’t matter. It’s guaranteed.
Not that I don’t agree with you about respecting the coach and the team. We used to be able to have different opinions while still being respectful of one another. That said, I don’t believe the coach is respecting Ron’s kid or he wouldn’t have ever suggested he be sequestered for his views.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back