Senton I..have..a plan..bigger and faster must be better..Mega to 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxfan69

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Kraton EXB
  6. Mojave EXB
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Senton Mega
A couple weeks back in the 4x4 thread section I posted that I bought a lightly used Senton Mega from a co-worker. I had planned to keep it stock minus putting some bigger wheels on it, and having it as a “buddy car” for visitors.

Well that lasted all of 2 weeks and Im sitting here looking at a box of parts, a 150 amp esc, and a 2050 kv motor just asking for a chassis to be their home.

Here is a picture of how I intended it to stay for a while, including the brushed motor.
1903F45B-5037-4E7E-915B-217772E77680.jpeg

So here was a mock run with a Dodge body I picked up that I thought would look cool painted up.

haven't made my mind up on color or pattern or mild or wild, but we’ll see what we can find up here.

image.jpg

Since no one seems to want to make Arrma owners a lifted body kit (one of yall make that your million dollar new business please) I bought this Proline kit for Traxxas and did a little modification. Using a Big Rock front mount and drilling a few holes took care of the new front elevated mount. On the rear I decided to just drill 4 holes and run 4mm x 30mm bolts thru and nut them off. For now, it has 20mm threaded in as the LHS did not have the 30mm in st
3FBABB65-D3FE-4564-BC62-F2FE667C7A24.jpeg

39C1C81B-0B8B-4DD1-A64F-5C95BC4AAFD7.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

So far here are the parts that I have. Ive also got coming in the mail; Arrma EXB metal diff set for the rear (will do the front once it blows apart), metal/aluminum rear CVD’s, Hot Racing Aluminum rear diff carrier.

I know in the header I say 6s, but most likely this will live most its life at 4s, with occasional blast at 6s. For sure its first “IT IS ALIVE !!!” Video will be on 6s LOL.
9A1395BD-404E-485E-BEF1-FAD07034EFE3.jpeg

59C73D3F-5A85-46FD-B620-C4530F60E9A4.jpeg

FBCB6485-7D31-4AF9-A4E1-0AC118379F54.jpeg

77B0B351-AF22-426E-A479-76CE8C8D3242.jpeg

Last edited:
So here was a mock run with a Dodge body I picked up that I thought would look cool painted up.

haven't made my mind up on color or pattern or mild or wild, but we’ll see what we can find up here.

View attachment 168050
Since no one seems to want to make Arrma owners a lifted body kit (one of yall make that your million dollar new business please) I bought this Proline kit for Traxxas and did a little modification. Using a Big Rock front mount and drilling a few holes took care of the new front elevated mount. On the rear I decided to just drill 4 holes and run 4mm x 30mm bolts thru and nut them off. For now, it has 20mm threaded in as the LHS did not have the 30mm in stView attachment 168051
View attachment 168052
View attachment 168054

View attachment 168053
View attachment 168055
So far here are the parts that I have. Ive also got coming in the mail; Arrma EXB metal diff set for the rear (will do the front once it blows apart), metal/aluminum rear CVD’s, Hot Racing Aluminum rear diff carrier.

I know in the header I say 6s, but most likely this will live most its life at 4s, with occasional blast at 6s. For sure its first “IT IS ALIVE !!!” Video will be on 6s LOL.
View attachment 168056
View attachment 168057
View attachment 168058
View attachment 168060
Looks nice!

I suppose I could make a body lift kit specific for it... but there are plenty other options that will work better.

Looks like a cool project I have a similar idea using my Big Rock V3. I'm also aiming for an eventual 6s setup, though it won't be for speed. I'm aiming for efficiency for longer runtimes and cooler temps, at a similar speed it already has. Look forward to seeing your project

Oh and a servo, dang cant forget the servo. Have a Spektrum S652 new take off from JRC’s where the price is always right. For 17 plus a little shipping, and its the oem servo on the Losi LMT big mama jamba, it’ll turn my wheels plenty good.

Kraton 6s shocks for front and Typhon 6s shocks for rear. Big Rock/Typhon 3s WIDE A-Arms front and rear and same with the threaded turn buckles. Reason for the Kraton’s being used on the front was after my last wide A Arm conversion (wife’s Granite Mega) I realized you actually need a longer front shock than the stock one in order to keep the front end up a little. Her Granite handles perfect after putting a set of rear Big Rock “take off” stock shocks I had, so I figured Id do it again but with better shocks. From stock Senton front of 100 mm vs 115 mm Kraton 6s front helps push the chassis back up with the longer a-arms, and the fact Im putting such a big esc/motor in a chassis not designed for it.
Looks nice!

I suppose I could make a body lift kit specific for it... but there are plenty other options that will work better.
Yeah I really really like the one with using copper tubing inside the copper tubing to simply extend to oem mounts, and have been meaning to get some picked up for some time now. This set up works for now but is not as good as some others Ive seen here.
Looks like a cool project I have a similar idea using my Big Rock V3. I'm also aiming for an eventual 6s setup, though it won't be for speed. I'm aiming for efficiency for longer runtimes and cooler temps, at a similar speed it already has. Look forward to seeing your project
Yeah I almost did it with my BR as I really did intend on leaving this one alone, and the BR is already there on width, and then the inevitable bug bit to change stuff and thats all she wrote.

Last edited:
Damn @mxfan69.. Im big time jelly on your work bench!! I need that set up!! 🕵🔥
Lol, thanks and its a work in progress. It supports both this new’ish RC hobby and also my main hobby of riding and even occasionally racing dirt bikes. A few 2x4’s, a 1/2 sheet of plywood, a 1/2 sheet of peg board, and a quart of oil base paint is all she wrote.

Last edited:
Back to the regular scheduled programming, i got a little worried if or if not this 4074 can would fit right with the standard BLX power modular. Looks like its deadnuts centered. Only issue I see is it leaves ZERO tolerance under the motor to chassis, although its not really the motor touching, but appx .5 mm to maybe 1mm of the bottom of the heat sink/fan combo “sitting” on the chassis.
EC0F9562-74A2-4BA2-8D87-685DA3C0F5B7.jpeg

My dude.. Sweet, me tool!! What you got?
Got my girl into it too, stole that lil 150f for dirt cheap!!

View attachment 168074

View attachment 168075
Oh brother from another mother youve got a 600 crotch rocket too !!! Son of a gun !!!

yeah bikes, dirt bikes, street bikes, mountain bikes, and even BMX after all these years is my life. Current rides for the dirt are a Yamaha WR450f and a KTM 300XCW, current rides for the street is a Royal Enfield Interceptor 650.

Yea shes my baby.. Bro believe it or not my girl bought me that bike!! Id say she a keeper!! Waiting on a liter bike one of these days but the ole sixer has my heart.. She is very sentimental to me.. will keep it forever prolly!!

Last edited:
Yupper, any girl that buys you a “nearly a track bike” needs to be kept around. Closest Ive had to the 1000 mark over the years was a ‘93 Honda CBR900rr and oh my that was a blast. I feel the urge from time to time for another rocket, but I always find an excuse to stay on slower cruising bikes now days. I sold a 2015 KTM 1190 a year ago, now that was a crazy ride, 150 HP crotch rocket with long travel dirt bike suspension...what could go wrong LOL. They are fun adventure bikes but good God they are heavy.
Ok, before I get in teouble for off topic in my own thread, here is the Proline kit that I used if anyone wants to try it. Obviously it takes some simple mods like drilling cutting screwing bolting, but all simple tools and no crazy fab skills needed.
7F1374D5-B544-4798-8CA5-4A9CC5F895DA.jpeg

https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR320357
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR320453
Found these in the Outcast 4s standard parts list. If you need taller posts, here you go
Been there and tried that and have a pile of them in my parts bin. They are both too big of diameter to fit in the Senton chassis hole, and no longer than stock Granite pieces. Actually you get the most “body lift” with the Granite mounts, obviously just not as much width as stock Senton pieces.

Good try but nope, no worky worky sir.

This is what they work with, Didn't think about including it, sorry, it repositions the mounts though if that matters
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR320452
This fits in the stock location and moves the mounts. Once again, i forgot to include this sorry, it should work then

This is what they work with, Didn't think about including it, sorry, it repositions the mounts though if that matters
https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR320452
This fits in the stock location and moves the mounts. Once again, i forgot to include this sorry, it should work then
Ok wow didnt realize that lower part then fit in the 3s series chassis holes. AWESOME FIND THEN!!!
To further what I had to do to make the Traxxas mounts work for any that need more elevation of their body. They are not complete, amd I need to lock washer/lock tight after shortening the bolts, but you get the picture;

rear direct bolt thru the arrma shock tower with x4 at 4mm x 28mm bolts and nuts
1419F851-C589-41D1-ACB9-DB425FB7F423.jpeg

7A8226C1-BD3A-4903-B29D-7EA8A0E38D20.jpeg

then the front was a Big Rock mount that I cut and drilled for the original tabs to go thru the Traxxas mount and body clip in place. HOWEVER, I didnt account for the thickness of the Traxxas piece and the Arrma mount tabs didnt project enough to get a body clip thru. So I cut those tabs off and deilled matching size holes and found some small bolts washers nuts in my misc bin. If I was doing it like this on purpose I would drill smaller holes and use smaller hardware to leave more meat on both plastic pieces. Oh well, bash break buy wrench repeat right ...
AE3BF4EB-FBAC-4C99-B65F-8C7807049581.jpeg

B7BEE9D8-9A4B-43D9-BE6A-6459A760825C.jpeg

4ECECDC0-4838-4156-9903-0EE0B3C2265C.jpeg

And let the assembly into its new wideness begin LOL. I just swore I would NOT do another wide set up in another thread just a couple days ago, yet out come all the spare parts and blamo wammo wide a arms engaged.

was going to mount the front shocks and realized I forgot to order the Axial bushing set frt and rr that it takes to use the 6s shocks on the 3s chassis...ooops. Done for the day I guess and on to drinking beer.
8F6B4572-5107-4FA8-B6C7-9AEED418881F.jpeg

AE1D692B-A6E7-4D6F-B84A-F39EED0A5CC6.jpeg

Ha...HA...bwwhahahaahha...HAAAA...son of a gun as Im putting tools up I find the still new in package Hot Racing pivot ball set I had planned to preinstall BEFORE mounting the tie rods arrrrggggjhhhh LOL
image.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back