Kraton I Just Discovered How Terrible The Spektrum STX2 Is

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mje19d27

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
Just installed the Rx/Tx from my V3 Typhon (Tactic TTX300) on my V4 Kraton after noticing the lag and unpredictability of the stock Spektrum STX2 set up. WHOA.. what a difference that made! It is much snappier and controlled. Feels like a completely different RC. I threw on my Savox 1210sg servo and I couldn't be any happier with the set up now. Why would they ship those with such a garbage radio?? Probably to save money but it is so bad that it should be fixed immediately. C'mon Arrma, you are better than that!

EDIT: LESSON LEARNED!!!! Always set your "Failsafe" when installing a new Rx/Tx!! Mt truck absolutely took off on me when the batteries in my radio died! Forgot all about the failsafe. Wow I got lucky and it just flipped right away. All it takes to set the failsafe is to hold the bind button on the receiver for a couple seconds and let it blink a few times. o_O

Last edited:
If your looking for a high end cheap TX, check out the Flysky Noble nb4.
If it peaks your interest... I have a coupon code for HobbyKing that brings it down to about $160.

If your looking for a high end cheap TX, check out the Flysky Noble nb4.
If it peaks your interest... I have a coupon code for HobbyKing that brings it down to about $160.
I've had a few friends tell me all the crap they went through with Flysky radios. Lack of range and interference. I would use one for my crawlers but I just don't trust them for high speed stuff. Thank you though.

I've had a few friends tell me all the crap they went through with Flysky radios. Lack of range and interference. I would use one for my crawlers but I just don't trust them for high speed stuff. Thank you though.
Yeah those issues were common with the older 3 series, but the NB4 is really really good.

They should sell them with an optional with or without radio that would keep costs in a good place.

With the receiver too would help. The receiver that comes with the stx2 wasn't compatible with dx5 pro.

Its not just cost. It's profit. Removing the radio and reducing cost = less profit. Only thing that might happen is removing the radio with no cost reduction. They are a business after all.

The 6s and 4s rigs should come with the DX2E at the least. The Megas can stick with the STX2 as it's good enough for slow brushed vehicles. There is absolutely no reason that a $550 rc should come with a bottom of the barrel radio. That's like putting an 8 Track player in a Cadillac.

The 6s and 4s rigs should come with the DX2E at the least. The Megas can stick with the STX2 as it's good enough for slow brushed vehicles. There is absolutely no reason that a $550 rc should come with a bottom of the barrel radio. That's like putting an 8 Track player in a Cadillac.
100% agree with what you said.

All 3 of my girls rock the STX2 in their cars. All three are much slower cars though, but seem to respond well enough for them. Futaba t4pm has been a significant improvement for my trucks though.

Agree, they got me 4 times but never again.

Just installed the Rx/Tx from my V3 Typhon (Tactic TTX300) on my V4 Kraton after noticing the lag and unpredictability of the stock Spektrum STX2 set up. WHOA.. what a difference that made! It is much snappier and controlled. Feels like a completely different RC. I threw on my Savox 1210sg servo and I couldn't be any happier with the set up now. Why would they ship those with such a garbage radio?? Probably to save money but it is so bad that it should be fixed immediately. C'mon Arrma, you are better than that!
Yeah that's going to be one of my first upgrades. Can't believe how glitchy it is. I almost ran my 5 year old over cuz it wouldn't go in reverse

Yeah that's going to be one of my first upgrades. Can't believe how glitchy it is. I almost ran my 5 year old over cuz it wouldn't go in reverse
Man that is scary! Apparently they are going to ship them with a newer version of that radio soon. I just can't believe horizon would ship those monster trucks with a dangerous radio! 6s trucks are an absolute weapon these days. Thankfully you didn't hit your kiddo!! I might start a petition so we all get the newer version radio when they drop! Absolute ripoff to ship these high end trucks with that garbage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back