I need some ideas on what to do with a group of friends.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking for an activity to do while hanging out with a group of friends under 21 years old? Am I understanding that right?

I think it depends on who they are?
The guys/girls I hung out with while that age liked beer, motorcycles, sex, and sports. Sand volley ball in the summer. Frisbee, soccer, football etc...

Hard to give ideas when I'm not familiar with your area / state 🤷 if you were here in Rhode Island I could help ..there are so many places and tons of things to do .Are you planning a weekend trip or a night thing or a all day thing?

Your group of friends ,are they all guys or girls to? Do you have a firing range over there? You could go clay shooting or go on a lake .go fishing with 🛶.🤷.

Go to the movies?? Mall ???

Last edited:
Looking for an activity to do while hanging out with a group of friends under 21 years old? Am I understanding that right?

The guys/girls I hung out with while that age liked beer, motorcycles, sex, and sports. Sand volley ball in the summer. Frisbee, soccer, football etc...
We have a lot of nude beaches for all those activities here in Florida. Just an idea. :LOL: ;)

this is what chatGPT told me:

It's great to have a mix of activities that don't revolve solely around eating out, especially if you're looking to save some money. Here are a variety of ideas, some humorous and some genuinely fun, that should work well for your group of friends:

1. **DIY Mini Olympics**: Organize a mini Olympics at a local park or even at the beach. Include fun events that don't require professional skills like frisbee toss, sack race, or a tug-of-war. Make some DIY medals for the winners!

2. **Scavenger Hunt**: Create a scavenger hunt around your town or within a specific area. Include clues related to local landmarks, and perhaps some silly tasks like taking a selfie with a statue or finding a specific book in a library.

3. **Outdoor Movie Night**: Set up an outdoor movie night if you or one of your friends has a projector. Use a garage door or a blank wall as the screen, bring your own blankets and snacks, and enjoy a night under the stars.

4. **Game Night**: Host a game night with board games, card games, or video games. Rotate who brings games, and include some quirky or less-known games to keep things interesting.

5. **DIY Craft Workshop**: Pick a simple craft that everyone can enjoy, like making friendship bracelets, custom t-shirts, or even upcycling old clothes. Share materials and tools to keep costs low.

6. **Beach Clean-Up**: Since you're already fans of the beach, organize a beach clean-up day. It's a way to hang out, get some exercise, and do something good for the environment. You could end the day with a swim or a relaxed beach hangout.

7. **Karaoke Night**: Have a home-based karaoke night. Use YouTube for karaoke tracks, and let everyone have a turn at belting out their favorite songs.

8. **Photo Safari**: Challenge your friends to a photo safari where you pick a theme (e.g., nature, urban life, or abstract art) and spend the day capturing images related to that theme. Compare photos and share stories afterwards.

9. **Sports Marathon**: Organize a day of back-to-back sports activities like volleyball, soccer, basketball, or whatever sports your group enjoys. This could be done at a local park or a beach that has facilities.

10. **Trivia Night**: Host a trivia night with different categories, including some custom questions about your own group of friends for a personal touch.

11. **Mystery Dinner**: Host a mystery dinner where each friend gets a character role in advance, and you spend the evening solving a "murder" over dinner prepared at home.

12. **Geocaching**: Try geocaching, an outdoor recreational activity, where you use a GPS to hide and seek containers, called "geocaches" or "caches," at specific locations marked by coordinates all over the world.

Hopefully, these ideas spark some excitement and offer you and your friends some new ways to hang out without breaking the bank! Enjoy whatever adventure you choose next!

I'm too old for all that now. That was decades ago... :LOL:

You haven't seen any of the nude beaches in San Diego then..

Difficult to un-see...
Infinity Challenge No GIF
The Office Reaction GIF

You haven't seen any of the nude beaches in San Diego then..

Difficult to un-see...
Infinity Challenge No GIF
The Office Reaction GIF

Yeah I figure all that goes are gross old men expecting to see hot young women. Which there wont be any...

Paint Belly GIF
season 3 flirting GIF by Broad City

Last edited:
Yeah I figure all that goes are gross old men expecting to see hot young women. Which there wont be any...

Paint Belly GIF

That's correct.

Apparently, all the Good stuffs are on Private Beach front properties..

I even politely asked if I can come onto their property.. Just to have a little peek...
rejected tommy wiseau GIF by Golden Globes

Snl No GIF by Saturday Night Live

You Shall Not Pass Lord Of The Rings GIF

By invitations ONLY. 🤷‍♂️

100000% correct!

I'd rather have my 20yo son home for extracurricular activities like a bonfire with beer, Fortnite with friends and their PS5's with beer, throwing bags in the back yard with beer than out and in a car driving around buzzed like we did. Oops, did I say that last part out loud? :LOL:

Go out to a good Chinese restaurant. Eat, drink a Buda bowl. Then go bowling. Or a good movie. Any arcades near you? Your lucky that you're young. Go rollor blading. Girls love the mall. (y) . Or just have fun driving. Any boardwalks your way, or a beach? Go see the stars at night? The world is your ouster. 🫵. Can find fun. Putt putt? 🤣

Last edited:
Back