Infraction Infraction v2 first run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sirkensirlot

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton EXB
Hi, I received my v2 infraction today. Have any of you guys got any tips or checks I would need to be doing before the first run? I'm going to check all screws bolts etc . also going to re shim diffs with the Mugen shim kit. any help would be much appreciated.

Hi, I received my v2 infraction today. Have any of you guys got any tips or checks I would need to be doing before the first run? I'm going to check all screws bolts etc . also going to re shim diffs with the Mugen shim kit. any help would be much appreciated.
Watch out for the brakes. Have the handbrake ready in case the ESC doesn’t stop for ya.

Check for leaking shocks or diffs.
Mine was fine out of the box, no shims needed and diffs were sufficiently full i.e. ~ 50%.

Definetly check all metal to metal screws, most of mine had little or no loctite. Pinion came loose after run#2 but no issue due to the new design.
..and DO NOT use the handbrake if you use throttle, spells instant death for the center diff.

Check for leaking shocks or diffs.
Mine was fine out of the box, no shims needed and diffs were sufficiently full i.e. ~ 50%.

Definetly check all metal to metal screws, most of mine had little or no loctite. Pinion came loose after run#2 but no issue due to the new design.
..and DO NOT use the handbrake if you use throttle, spells instant death for the center diff.
Might be a great excuse to swap the CD for a spool. You will lose the handbrakes intended feature, but it might save you if the ESC flakes out when trying to brake.

Are the stock ESC'S known to be unreliable
Quite a few videos out there of people crashing Felonies and Infraction V2s when the brakes don’t work. Just an FYI.

Quite a few videos out there of people crashing Felonies and Infraction V2s when the brakes don’t work. Just an FYI.
Is there really that many videos??? I’ve ran the crap outa my V2 without issues. Hope this isn’t a crap system, because I also own a Felony.

Good point, I believe, in all cases it's due to oveheat shutdown at high speed. Looks like they all did multiple runs with speed pinion until this happened.
One run on speed pinion hasn't caused issues, at least I'm not aware. On stock pinion, my ESC was barely touching 120F, with ambient at 95F.

Good point, I believe, in all cases it's due to oveheat shutdown at high speed. Looks like they all did multiple runs with speed pinion until this happened.
One run on speed pinion hasn't caused issues, at least I'm not aware. On stock pinion, my ESC was barely touching 120F, with ambient at 95F.
Yeah, I haven’t installed the high speed pinions in either. Did just order a 20t

To me it also seems like people doing multiple runs with the speed pinion without much of a break in between. I went up to a 21 tooth on my Infraction to play around with and so far no issues.

Anyway, have fun with that new Infraction! You won’t be disappointed! Rotate the tires as needed and get some spares on order. You’ll need them! GRP s7 Revo’s work well or s5, since it’s getting a little cooler!

Quite a few videos out there of people crashing Felonies and Infraction V2s when the brakes don’t work. Just an FY
Anyway, have fun with that new Infraction! You won’t be disappointed! Rotate the tires as needed and get some spares on order. You’ll need them! GRP s7 Revo’s work well or s5, since it’s getting a little cooler!
Have some GRP'S and a set of Hoon's on order. Thanks for your help

To me it also seems like people doing multiple runs with the speed pinion without much of a break in between. I went up to a 21 tooth on my Infraction to play around with and so far no issues.
Good to know, just installed a 19T but haven't tried it yet.

Is there really that many videos??? I’ve ran the crap outa my V2 without issues. Hope this isn’t a crap system, because I also own a Felony.
I’ve seen @Camaroboy383 and the RC Kiwis videos and both have the same issue. I’ve possibly scrolled past other similar crashes on YT but don’t know who’s videos they were.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back