Is Jennys rcs a Scam?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly.. I had my doubts about Jennys RC ,originally.
Wondering how are they able to get their hands on so Many of the Spare parts/Rebuild kits than compared to "Authorized Online Dealers" or even established local hobby shops... and to sell them So inexpensively.. < I am NOT complaining!

Then a member told me about kit stripping/kit breaking. I had never thought or consider doing that to a fully assembled RTR, but that sure makes sense.
JRC basically copying methods of what you see at an automotive salvage yard... Pulling needed parts right off a "whole" vehicle to sell.
Interesting business model (unique for RCs) and definitely a smart way to get their hands on popular/wanted inventory quickly, then to wait on official distribution channels...

I gave them a try a couple of months back, glad I did and now I'm hooked!

Speak of the devil..
Just received another package from JRC.

IMG_20220317_181831R.jpg

Nice, just got my order today from them too. Ordered on the 13th so decent turn around time

Spent lots of money at JRC and haven’t had a problem, everything arrives quickly and well packaged. One time I was missing an item and they responded quickly and sent it out to me no questions asked.

They had a X-maxx widemaxx kit BNIB for $20 cheaper than you’d find anywhere else, and they had all colors in stock where most bigger companies only had one color in stock.

I used to buy up all their Dboots Hoons because I was burning thru tires so fast and retail price was too much

. I’ve probably got enough “spare” parts to get a good start on a 6s & a 4s projects 😂
+1
One day I was organizing my Bins of parts and realized I had the makings for another rig. I even had several chassis' to decide on.
I chose the XLWB as my platform. I think I spent an additional $20. from JennysRC on miscellaneous parts to complete it.
It was like finding a new rig out of no where.:LOL:
The enjoyment of the build was the best part for me.
The 6s line of parts are all interchangeable. By design.

+1
One day I was organizing my Bins of parts and realized I had the makings for another rig. I even had several chassis' to decide on.
I chose the XLWB as my platform. I think I spent an additional $20. from JennysRC on miscellaneous parts to complete it.
It was like finding a new rig out of no where.:LOL:
The enjoyment of the build was the best part for me.
The 6s line of parts are all interchangeable. By design.
So are most parts from other rc manufacturers. No prep drag cars were wildly popular before any of the manufacturers made them. Guys were making them using Traxxas Slash chassis, Bandit a arms and other miscellaneous parts from other Traxxas cars, others were doing the same thing with basically any 2wd short course truck that also shared parts with a 2wd buggy. I've seen Ecx no prep drag cars.

Most manufacturers make multiple cars based on the same platform, look at Tamiya they have hundreds of rc models but maybe a only a few dozen platforms. It is rather nice that manufactures do this as it helps keep the costs of research, development, production, the kits and spare parts down. Also you need less inventory. It's a win win for the consumer, the Hobby shops and the manufacturers.

Last edited:
I have 8 Rc and every stock part u bought from jennysrc.com.never ever had a problems,even one day I did 2 separate orders,I contacted them to make 2 in 1 and they refunded half of the shipping cost,excellent C.S can't be better.so for sure ur money gonna be safe.good luck

I've had Jenny's send me parts I didn't even order. Their awesome 😆🤣

Ted's the Man, super nice guy!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back