It's the third time I was played it with EC5 plugs!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GamwToInsomnia.gr

Reaction score
(Google translate)
As you may notice in the photo below, the left plug (the female-large plug) has such a large diameter that it is almost impossible to fit into the plastic housing.
Even if I hit it with a hammer it won't go in, let alone with the cable soldered.
Those plugs has been bought from Amazon.de.
The previous two times I was played like this, it was from EBAY and Banggood!

EC5.jpg

You do NOT insert those female connectors from the Back of the EC5 housing..
You need to have your cables threaded through the housing FIRST Before soldering on the connectors and then use a spare male connector half to help push in/set the female side.

You do NOT insert those female connectors from the Back of the EC5 housing..
You need to have your cables threaded through the housing FIRST Before soldering on the connectors and then use a spare male connector half to help push in/set the female side.
Tex is right. I have tried both ways, even got a tool to try it the other way. Went back to putting the wire through first then using a female with bullets already in it to set.
Screen Shot 2023-09-19 at 7.35.42 PM.png

It depends on who made the EC5. Some go from the back, some go in from the front. Look at the taper on the plug -- yours goes in from the front.

You can also use a heat gun to expand and soften the plastic when you punch it in.

Good info☝️👍
I recently tried to resolder some EC5 connectors for my brother..he already had excess solder on the outside of the bullets.. I gave up, he has XT90's now. So much easier. I know IC/EC5's are rated for slightly more amps but, nah, I like my XT90's🤷‍♂️😉🍻

Tex is right. I have tried both ways, even got a tool to try it the other way. Went back to putting the wire through first then using a female with bullets already in it to set.
View attachment 323120
Never knew these existed. Pretty nifty!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back