Kraton JonDilly1974’s Kraton EXB Build Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Box just arrived, so I am starting a thread to keep track of what I’ve done.

View attachment 91741
View attachment 91766
View attachment 91767
View attachment 91769
View attachment 91770
View attachment 91771

Installed the following items:

Castle MMX8S ESC
Castle 1717 1650kv Sensored Motor
Castle B Link Bluetooth Module
20T Mod 1.0 Pinion
Futaba R304SB-E Receiver
JX 46kg HV Servo
PPS Motor Mount
PPS Diff Mount
PPS Diff Cap
(PPS Roll Bar Mount on the way)
Arrma Kraton 8S Heatsink and Fan
RPM Rear Skid Plate

View attachment 91772
View attachment 91773
View attachment 91774
View attachment 91775
So many check boxes ticked here. Xt150s, arrma's heatsink and motor (it fits, yay!!), clean wiring.

I’ve never used any 6s lipo’s. I’ve only ever used 2x 3s packs.

I’ve been using powerhobby and lectron pro, good luck with those. No puffing and good power. My powerhobby are 6500mah 100c and my lectron pro are 5200mah 50c. Also have a set of gensacearespammers that are 4000mah 50c that work well but don’t last too long. As for chargers I’ve only ever used my Traxxas chargers ??‍♂️ But have heard good things about the venom duo. I just ordered one with a set of power hobby 4s batteries I will report back after I’ve used it and let ya know.
Thanks for the info debating on one 6s or two 3s’s
So many check boxes ticked here. Xt150s, arrma's heatsink and motor (it fits, yay!!), clean wiring.
Nice photos and sweet set up

Man I'm getting jelly at all these EXB but of threads. HH screwed up my pre-order again for the second time it seems so my EXB isn't coming yet, waiting for them to get back to me... Again ?

Somewhat similar experience... I had an Axial SCX10ii raw builder's kit on backorder that never shipped from HH, I had to go in and order it once it came back into stock just last week or so. I was confused as to why the backorder wasn't fulfilled, but thankfully I got my kit.

Any suggestions on 6s lipo’s and charger been out for years and tons of options. Thanks

Hear great things about the HTRC 240 dual charger. Ive been happy with my Traxxas dual charger, but would get the HTRC since it will do higher than just 3s.

I’ve never used any 6s lipo’s. I’ve only ever used 2x 3s packs.

I’ve been using powerhobby and lectron pro, good luck with those. No puffing and good power. My powerhobby are 6500mah 100c and my lectron pro are 5200mah 50c. Also have a set of gensacearespammers that are 4000mah 50c that work well but don’t last too long. As for chargers I’ve only ever used my Traxxas chargers ??‍♂️ But have heard good things about the venom duo. I just ordered one with a set of power hobby 4s batteries I will report back after I’ve used it and let ya know.

Do you notice a difference in run time between the 5200 and 6500 batteries? I still need to get a pair of 3s batteries for my EXB.

It’s gonna be a beast on 6s and a complete monster on 8s ?
Well I plan on starting with my weakest 6S pack, SMC 6S 5000mah 90C and then graduate to my TGP 6S 5.0. If that all goes well and I’m not satisfied, I have a pair of HRB 4S 5000mah 50C packs that fit well and get a taste of mild 8S. Can’t imagine I will venture past that level for a good long while, but a pair of TGP 4S 5.0 are an option too.

i like that diff brace cover w/ the roll bar mounts too. But dang im torn on which one to get if i order those instead of the hot racing mount/brace cover.

How was the shipping time with the whole covid nonsense and shipping delays etc.
Bob @PPS-RC ships his orders very quickly. I only live two hours away from him, so I get my orders really quickly.

i like that diff brace cover w/ the roll bar mounts too. But dang im torn on which one to get if i order those instead of the hot racing mount/brace cover.

How was the shipping time with the whole covid nonsense and shipping delays etc.
Fast. @PPS-RC ships in no time

Bob @PPS-RC ships his orders very quickly. I only live two hours away from him, so I get my orders really quickly.

Nice. Hate waiting on parts unless I have too. I guess I don’t mind waiting on parts especially if the parts are good lol. I’ve just had issues with numerous sites listing stuff in stock... then a few days to a week after i place the order i get an email apologizing and informing me it will be back ordered etc ? Perks of being in this hobby lol?

still waiting in m2c to restock the hinge pinn kits for my v4.. well now my exb lol

Nice. Hate waiting on parts unless I have too. I guess I don’t mind waiting on parts especially if the parts are good lol. I’ve just had issues with numerous sites listing stuff in stock... then a few days to a week after i place the order i get an email apologizing and informing me it will be back ordered etc ? Perks of being in this hobby lol?

still waiting in m2c to restock the hinge pinn kits for my v4.. well now my exb lol
Oh, I run out of stuff all the time... but I try to stay up on inventory as best I can. If I have it, it ships ASAP. If I don't it's listed as backorder and I'm working diligently on getting more ready to ship. I'm also an RC addict, and know what it's like to wait even a day for my packages. I don't want to put that hurt on anybody haha.

Oh, I run out of stuff all the time... but I try to stay up on inventory as best I can. If I have it, it ships ASAP. If I don't it's listed as backorder and I'm working diligently on getting more ready to ship. I'm also an RC addict, and know what it's like to wait even a day for my packages. I don't want to put that hurt on anybody haha.
Your a good man , and making the availability to actually back order an item out of stock is fantastic ????

Did you go and beat the piss outa this thing yet?
I tried ??‍♂️ But about 2 mins in I started hearing what I thought was the rear diff clicking. Packed up everything all pissed off and went home only to find a rock stuck in the rear arm under the axle that was making a clicking noise under throttle when the suspension squatted down. I didn’t find this until after dark, so I couldn’t turn around and go back out. Hoping to get it back out today or tomorrow.

But I will say those two minutes was awe inspiring. None of my previous rigs have ever had that level of air control ? This thing was super easy to adjust in air. My K4S was the next closest and it isn’t even close. I’m going to have to get used to the instant response. I’m probably going to be overcorrecting for a while.

I tried ??‍♂️ But about 2 mins in I started hearing what I thought was the rear diff clicking. Packed up everything all pissed off and went home only to find a rock stuck in the rear arm under the axle that was making a clicking noise under throttle when the suspension squatted down. I didn’t find this until after dark, so I couldn’t turn around and go back out. Hoping to get it back out today or tomorrow.

But I will say those two minutes was awe inspiring. None of my previous rigs have ever had that level of air control ? This thing was super easy to adjust in air. My K4S was the next closest and it isn’t even close. I’m going to have to get used to the instant response. I’m probably going to be overcorrecting for a while.

You were always big in the camera, kinda like @Hammer Down

VID or it didn't happen... !

You were always big in the camera, kinda like @Hammer Down

VID or it didn't happen... !
I was so happy to get out to bash last night that I threw my gear in my Jeep and tore out to a construction site. Got there and realized I forgot to put on real shoes and left my GoPro battery in the charging cradle. I will make sure to have my $@&+ together next time I go out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back