KnowAir's SCT410.3 build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually the pine needles are minimal, but the surface of the track has been harder this year since it's been a dry summer

I really like the gladiators but $90 vs $50 a set and well, ya know. Heck, as of now it's a one man race since my brother doesn't have an sct (yet).
O I hear ya about the "1 man race" :rolleyes:😫🥺🤦‍♂️

O I hear ya about the "1 man race" :rolleyes:😫🥺🤦‍♂️
HaHa right!? None of my 2 friends have any interest and I did get my wife and daughter their own rc's about 10 years ago. Each of them lost interest pretty quickly. TBH, I've lived in my house for 10 years and could tell ya the names of none of my neighbors!! Which is intentional BTW 😁 I hate having neighbors who just randomly show up, so I avoid getting to know them. It's easy for me cuz I'm an introvert.

HaHa right!? None of my 2 friends have any interest and I did get my wife and daughter their own rc's about 10 years ago. Each of them lost interest pretty quickly. TBH, I've lived in my house for 10 years and could tell ya the names of none of my neighbors!! Which is intentional BTW 😁 I hate having neighbors who just randomly show up, so I avoid getting to know them. It's easy for me cuz I'm an introvert.
Same here. There's only 4 houses on our street so we do know ours. But they all keep to themselves. 2 are elderly. Our closest is pretty cool and I've tried to get him to run on my track with me, but he won't even try. 🤷‍♂️ He's more into 1:1s. My bro loves it, but not into it like me. He doesn't wrench and doesn't have any name brands at the moment. He's also married with 2 young kids and lives 40 mins away. :rolleyes:

Kids like it, but won't wrench. Wife too, but she doesn't drive my nice ones cuz she has ZERO throttle control. Like.....negative control. She has 2 speeds. Stop and full throttle. She won't listen to me, so here honey, you can run this Amazon Bezgar! :ROFLMAO:

Same here. There's only 4 houses on our street so we do know ours. But they all keep to themselves. 2 are elderly. Our closest is pretty cool and I've tried to get him to run on my track with me, but he won't even try. 🤷‍♂️ He's more into 1:1s. My bro loves it, but not into it like me. He doesn't wrench and doesn't have any name brands at the moment. He's also married with 2 young kids and lives 40 mins away. :rolleyes:

Kids like it, but won't wrench. Wife too, but she doesn't drive my nice ones cuz she has ZERO throttle control. Like.....negative control. She has 2 speeds. Stop and full throttle. She won't listen to me, so here honey, you can run this Amazon Bezgar! :ROFLMAO:
My road has about a dozen homes, which are actually camps. There's a lake down the hill from my front yard. Now that people commute as far as we do, the camps have mostly become year round homes. My house was built about 25 years ago, at the top off the hill on a dead end street. Nothing fancy, but compared to the camps on 1/4 acre lots, my 3 bedroom ranch on 5 acres is like an estate by comparison! LOL 😃 I do waive and say hello, but really don't know anything more than a couple neighbors by first names only. I like that.
My wife watches my brother and I race around and doesn't understand how we don't destroy our rigs🤣🤣 She actually won't stand anywhere near where we're running them..says I purposely aim for people just to show off..🤔🙄🤭 nooo..well, maybe. I did run into my father in law this one time.. hey, he knowingly walked right into the area I was running and just stopped and stood there. Not MY fault!? He's a smart a$$ like that, he knew what he was doing. No harm done.

Started the sct build yesterday. Got the front and rear sub assembles done, steering is aboot done. Didn't bother with pics, I'm not really a play by play type.
So, first observation is there's alot more aluminum in an mt410 kit than the sct. Perhaps the sct doesn't need it? Was a bit disappointed with the plastic ackerman plate, funny thing is the nylon insert nuts just spin in the ackerman plate. They're captured on 2 sides by the plate, yet the plastic is so flexible I can't tighten down the screws without using needle nose pliers. "F" for Tekno on that one..
I couldn't get the o ring to seat in the servo saver nut and I didn't bother with thread locker on it either. I can't see thread locker being a good thing when typically the saver nut is barely accessible when a rig is together?
Does anyone no if there's a body cage/support available for the sct410? I know this thing is gonna be taking some roof landings as well as barrel rolls,lol.
Hoping to have the body and tires this week. Ordered them Thursday last week from power hobby, they kicked out a tracking number Friday morning but it has yet to reach a post office. Jersey to NY shouldn't take too long..assuming they're actually shipping from Jersey that is.
So yea, that's it so far. If the parts come this week, she'll be broken by the weekend I'm guessing 🤣🤣🍻

Oh, I also forgot to mention, my intent was to rob the hoss of the esc, motor and servo just to get things going..well, the process has already started.. I stole the wheels and tires from the Hoss and put them on the Lasernut already🤭
I got parts to fix the nut last week, along with some parts to fix the mt410 and the sct410.3 kit.
The 'Nut rips with a 14t pinion, hoss tires and 4s!! Till my bro broke it again..it was a hot minute!! LOL

I always guessed they kept the SCT mostly plastic for weight savings. When i compared my MT410 to my buddies SCT410.3, there were lots of similarities, but really more subtle differences that you don't notice right off hand. The plastic D-blocks on the sct are what kills me most! I was considering getting the SCT originally, but after having the MT410, now maybe i'm wondering if I should buy an MT410 and convert to SCT? :unsure:
Does anyone no if there's a body cage/support available for the sct410? I know this thing is gonna be taking some roof landings as well as barrel rolls,lol.
Be interested to know this as well!

Good question.. and yeah, there's alot the same, but alot of difference too..IIRC, the sct kit costs more at list price? Doesn't really make sense to me now that I have both. Perhaps it's because sct's were so hot in popularity? Idk.
TBH, I don't find myself "stunting" with the mt410 like I anticipated, mostly running a track with it and it's over square dimensions don't really suit track duties. I'm gonna end up stretching it into an ET48 for sure. Gotta figure out a body for it..
I think an sct made from an mt410 could be killer, just not sure where the cost effectiveness will be. You'd want some of the mt410 bits such as the suspension plates for sure. Oh, and definitely want the aluminum Ackerman plate!!🤣🤣

I have the SCT kit (still in box). Could I use some if the MT aluminum parts on the sct? Or are yhey totally different sizes? Do they sell upgraded parts for it?

I have the SCT kit (still in box). Could I use some if the MT aluminum parts on the sct? Or are yhey totally different sizes? Do they sell upgraded parts for it?
You bet Tekno sells aluminum bit$ to upgrade,LOL
My guess is yes, suspension and steering plates would be worthwhile upgrades..too early for me to speak of what other upgrades are worth it.

You bet Tekno sells aluminum bit$ to upgrade,LOL
My guess is yes, suspension and steering plates would be worthwhile upgrades..too early for me to speak of what other upgrades are worth it.
Thanks...just figured might as well upgrade while I'm building it. The Tekno forum has some good info. I think I'll do some research on what all is recommended to upgrade and make a list before building it.

It's gotta wait though....starting 2 other projects... Terps Typhon getting stretched and my new Typhon getting Truggifiedished. :ROFLMAO:

It's been nearly 2 years since I built my mt410, and I can't remember what the suspension plates looked like..not sure if the sct are the same. For the record, I haven't had to tear the mt410 down that far since, which is a testament to Tekno quality and durability IMO.

Tekno sells all kinds of upgrades. Hopefully you're willing to use your first born child as collateral though.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/tekno-rc-mt410-1-10-electric-4x4-pro-monster-truck-kit-tkr5603/p575518
https://www.amainhobbies.com/tekno-...ic-4wd-short-course-truck-kit-tkr5507/p438712
MT410 has always costed slightly more, even at MSRP.

What gets me though is that the price is only like $50 different, but you are getting ALOT more value in the MT410 imo. Still i don't know of any other 1/10 size SCT that could handle 4s power like the tekno. So it's still a killer deal.
Agreed. I was just checking out AJAM(I think?) On YT. He picked a used sct410.3 up,rehabbed and reviewed..short version is he says slash ultimate is a better rig in his opinion. Obviously he's entitled, but my experience with 1/10 TRX is they're okay, but get sloppy too fast for my liking. The slash is cheaper, but with that, "it's cheaper" if ya know what I mean..
I have no plans for racing, but after my hoss experience, I don't want a slash.. just me.
Tekno sells all kinds of upgrades. Hopefully you're willing to use your first born child as collateral though.
Put up your second born too and you can buy some M2C upgrades!!🤣🤣

Agreed. I was just checking out AJAM(I think?) On YT. He picked a used sct410.3 up,rehabbed and reviewed..short version is he says slash ultimate is a better rig in his opinion. Obviously he's entitled, but my experience with 1/10 TRX is they're okay, but get sloppy too fast for my liking. The slash is cheaper, but with that, "it's cheaper" if ya know what I mean..
I have no plans for racing, but after my hoss experience, I don't want a slash.. just me.

Put up your second born too and you can buy some M2C upgrades!!🤣🤣
Hmm, yeah i don't know that i'd agree with his assessment on the slash. Since from what i see his channel is mostly for bashing, i could see how you might conclude that the slash is better. Just based on parts cost (since you'll eventually break stuff bashing) i might agree. But at a minimum, quality and design go to tekno, hands down. And if he isn't oriented towards sanctioned racing, he may not appreciate the precision of the tekno.

Man, i'm looking at the differences between the MT410 and SCT410 parts list from the instruction manuals. It's like every little teeny part is different. I know they are based slightly on different platforms and only share similar parts... But good grief, they just don't make conversions easy! Might have to join the tekno forum for this.

Why can't anyone just make a durable 4s capable SCT with buggy axles and 17mm hexes for $300??? It's not like that's too specific of a request...

Hmm, yeah i don't know that i'd agree with his assessment on the slash. Since from what i see his channel is mostly for bashing, i could see how you might conclude that the slash is better. Just based on parts cost (since you'll eventually break stuff bashing) i might agree. But at a minimum, quality and design go to tekno, hands down. And if he isn't oriented towards sanctioned racing, he may not appreciate the precision of the tekno.

Man, i'm looking at the differences between the MT410 and SCT410 parts list from the instruction manuals. It's like every little teeny part is different. I know they are based slightly on different platforms and only share similar parts... But good grief, they just don't make conversions easy! Might have to join the tekno forum for this.

Why can't anyone just make a durable 4s capable SCT with buggy axles and 17mm hexes for $300??? It's not like that's too specific of a request...
Right!?🤣🤣
With regards to slash vs sct410.3, I can see that dropping batteries in and just have at it is appealing to the masses, for which the slash is great. But long term owners will realize the shortcomings of the TRX 1/10 rigs I think.
Not saying they're terrible, just that to maintain any real level of precision they need frequent rebuilds from my experience.
My brother is a TRX fan, has 2 2wd vxl rustlers, 1 4x4 vxl. They're fast and fun, but need alot of upkeep if you want any precise performance. Just how they're built IMO.

Last edited:
Here's mine for inspiration 😉

IMG_4291.jpeg
IMG_4483.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back