Kraton Kraton EXB solid rear axle option???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loadsofnothing20

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello I have read maybe 30 threads on similar things but nothing like a solid axle option for the EXB. I have my exb fitted with a castle 2028 mamba xlx combo running 8s, I don't bash my car. Its more for speed i have had it at 101mph with 34t pinion and stock 50t spur But I'm wanting to try and pop another 2028 under the hood and go direct drive to the front and rear eliminating the center diff entirely. And maybe try for 16s but I can't get past the thought of Immediately blowing out the rear diff or either diff for that matter.
What do you guys think about it. Is it just madness ? or am I just dreaming????lmao thanks not really sure what exactly I'm asking for here maybe just pointers on the build

20200813_155648.jpg

20200901_105644.jpg

Solid rear axel on that truck? That's a new one for sure! That is the motor I planned on using if I ever picked up mine, I decided not to. I'd go MMX8S though. You should look into the @PPS-RC mount, it will/should allow for more pinion to be used.
His mount may not be as "Polished" as mine, but it looks like it's getting the job done! Kudos for putting in the elbow grease!

As for the solid axle, there are differential locker inserts available which replace the gears inside the diffs. Something like this.
https://www.ebay.com/i/143721967964...fTfDFqNH1IygbiauGb45J_J5g17PtYeBoCNAAQAvD_BwE

There are also spools available for the center diff.

Good luck with your build!

His mount may not be as "Polished" as mine, but it looks like it's getting the job done! Kudos for putting in the elbow grease!

As for the solid axle, there are differential locker inserts available which replace the gears inside the diffs. Something like this.
https://www.ebay.com/i/143721967964...fTfDFqNH1IygbiauGb45J_J5g17PtYeBoCNAAQAvD_BwE

Ah, a diff locker.. I was thinkin Kraken type solid axel on that truck. :ROFLMAO: Hey, wording!

How do you figure you went 101mph with that setup?
Honestly the speed is only as accurate As the app on my phone...and for the motor mount I only roughed that in to fit that 34t pinion. I switched out the stock tires for belted street tires plugged in 2 8500mah 50c batteries and thats how it preformed.

Thank you I think this is what I'm looking for.

Last edited:
Honestly the speed is only as accurate As the app on my phone...and for the motor mount I only roughed that in to fit that 34t pinion. I switched out the stock tires for belted street tires plugged in 2 8500mah 50c batteries and thats how it preformed.
It’s mathematically impossible for a 800kv motor on 8s (34/50T -4.3ratio diff) to run over 100mph unless you were running tires with a diameter of approximately 10 inches. You may be able to get close to 100mph on 12s but not 8s.

70mph should be to most you’d see with any tire less and 170mm diameter

Hello I have read maybe 30 threads on similar things but nothing like a solid axle option for the EXB. I have my exb fitted with a castle 2028 mamba xlx combo running 8s, I don't bash my car. Its more for speed i have had it at 101mph with 34t pinion and stock 50t spur But I'm wanting to try and pop another 2028 under the hood and go direct drive to the front and rear eliminating the center diff entirely. And maybe try for 16s but I can't get past the thought of Immediately blowing out the rear diff or either diff for that matter.
What do you guys think about it. Is it just madness ? or am I just dreaming????lmao thanks not really sure what exactly I'm asking for here maybe just pointers on the build

View attachment 99055

View attachment 99056
I almost feel like at that point it would just be for show. The weight of those motors for that platform would be ridiculous. Would be a cool build to see tho ?? So have at it. I’ll watch :)

It’s mathematically impossible for a 800kv motor on 8s (34/50T -4.3ratio diff) to run over 100mph unless you were running tires with a diameter of approximately 10 inches. You may be able to get close to 100mph on 12s but not 8s.

70mph should be to most you’d see with any tire less and 170mm diameter
As I said it's only as accurate as an App on my phone. I don't know how to factor any of that stuff in quite frankly I wouldn't be surprised if it was wrong.
I almost feel like at that point it would just be for show. The weight of those motors for that platform would be ridiculous. Would be a cool build to see tho ?? So have at it. I’ll watch :)
That's kind of what I was hoping would help keep it on the ground and make it easier to break a few ankles

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back