Larger buggy tires?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The UDR tires have splined hubs, I don't think they work on standard hexes.
A quick snip with these fixes that problem.

1652793569777.png

The UDR tires have splined hubs, I don't think they work on standard hexes.
They can be trimmed off the wheel. The TRX UDR wheels also have the fake lug nuts on the front side that need to be removed to use a 12mm wheel nut(17mm wrench size).
It appears the Injora branded copy of the UDR wheels are not splined so should bolt right on.

I've spent tons of time searching for options, not much to choose from without getting something wider also. The only taller option I've seen that isn't wider have been SCT tires for the Mojave. There are a few belted options that are close but a little wider like the belted Badlands which are 5 inches tall and 2.1 inches wide, so closer to buggy tire width than MT width. If you are running a 12mm hex you could look at the Duratrax belted stadium truck tires which are similar size to the Badlands. Method RC has a belted tire that is 5.5 inches tall and 2.25 inches wide: https://methodrc.net/products/terra...ires-on-switch-17mm-hex-wheels-2pcs-not-glued

Outside of this everything else I have found has been MT width.

I sure love those methodrc tires on my talion, fav tires by far. Never tried them on my typhon but I've run stock mojave tires on a typhon and it was nice imo.

^ Short video of Typhon TLR with mojave tires on road

^ Short video of Typhon TLR using mojave tires on a ramp

Hope it helps someone! personally I love mojave tires on Typhon but mine is truggified with the kraton hubs axles etc

Bought these for my truggified typhon. They're a 17mm hex, but the hole in the middle where the end of the hex goes through is way too small. It's like a 5mm or 6mm hole & the typhon hex is 12mm. Anything I can do to make them work short of changing hexes? Couldn't I just drill the hole out w/ a 12mm drill bit? I'm welcome to any/all ideas. Thanks in advance

20220530_103918.jpg

Bought these for my truggified typhon. They're a 17mm hex, but the hole in the middle where the end of the hex goes through is way too small. It's like a 5mm or 6mm hole & the typhon hex is 12mm. Anything I can do to make them work short of changing hexes? Couldn't I just drill the hole out w/ a 12mm drill bit? I'm welcome to any/all ideas. Thanks in advance
Are those the Injora set? I'd just enlarge the center with a 1/2" bit.

Super odd that the hole would be that small though! Weird
That's cuz they're made for the UDR from TRX..they (TRX)have to make things different just for the sake of it I swear🤣🤣
But yeah, I see no reason they can't be drilled out..then you'll have to trim off the fake lugs from the wheel too.

That's cuz they're made for the UDR from TRX..they (TRX)have to make things different just for the sake of it I swear🤣🤣
But yeah, I see no reason they can't be drilled out..then you'll have to trim off the fake lugs from the wheel too.
Good point about the lug portion. I wonder if these would even work once the hole is enlarged, might not be able to get the 17mm wheel nut in.

Good point about the lug portion. I wonder if these would even work once the hole is enlarged, might not be able to get the 17mm wheel nut in.
Yeah, unfortunately I think you're right- I don't think the wheel nut will go on. That sucks but oh well, I'll probably just return them

Yeah, unfortunately I think you're right- I don't think the wheel nut will go on. That sucks but oh well, I'll probably just return them
At least now we know! Hyrax SCXL might be the only route now, aside from U4 tires if the 2.2" wheel fits 1/8 hubs

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back