Senton Let’s build a Senton 3s from scratch together 😎

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheez

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Nero
  4. Senton 3s
I’ve been hemming and hawing long enough now....🥴.....I know it’s not apex predator. I’m fortunate enough to have some really nice bashing spots especially for SCT. My MEXB tears the course up, but I want to add to the corral.
Edit: not very many, if any Senton3s builds from scratch, hopefully there will be some interest.
Chassis ordered
RPM - front and rear arms ordered
have-

EZRUN MAX10 SCT Combo (2-3S)​

Hitec HS 7950 th
looking for suggestions to make it BEEFY 🥩

Last edited:
I’ve been hemming and hawing long enough now....🥴.....I know it’s not apex predator. I’m fortunate enough to have some really nice bashing spots especially for SCT. My MEXB tears the course up, but I want to add to the corral.
Edit: not very many if any Senton3s builds from scratch, hopefully there will be some interest.
Chassis ordered
RPM - front and rear arms ordered
have-

EZRUN MAX10 SCT Combo (2-3S)​

Hitec HS 7950 th
looking for suggestions to make it BEEFY 🥩
BTW...Ajag I’m hoping you can do a body for me 🤩
The upgraded cvds work great for mine along with a set of badlands

Yep, was looking at those.. thinking I’ll go with those, unless there’s a better option.

Cvd’s I’ll definitely upgrade. Which badlands?
The badlands mx sc. I really like them on my senton. Did a few mods to mine as well put a 150a esc and 2050kv motor from an infraction ran 4s lol 4s slipper assembly and upgraded diffs to metal input and crown with the composite case. Its a mean little bugger now 😆
The badlands mx sc. I really like them on my senton. Did a few mods to mine as well put a 150a esc and 2050kv motor from an infraction ran 4s lol 4s slipper assembly and upgraded diffs to metal input and crown with the composite case. Its a mean little bugger now 😆
20210509_204655.jpg

View attachment 144838
These?

B944C4F4-8CF7-41D4-B9D0-4C562CCBC13E.png

Lots of discontinued..🤔

Ok I get what you mean. Just had to get the center hex parts as well. I don't know what size you are planning to use. They come with a 12mm 14mm Nd 17mm . Center and interchangeable between them in the removable center hex thing lol

Ok I get what you mean. Just had to get the center hex parts as well. I don't know what size you are planning to use. They come with a 12mm 14mm Nd 17mm . Center and interchangeable between them in the removable center hex thing lol
Gotcha, I have interchangeable on another rig and like it. Might go that route.
hot racing diff yoke's ?
The HR diff yokes are hard to find at the HR price of about $30 , I’m not willing to pay 50-60 bucks on eBay. Anyone know where I can get them at a reasonable price? Otherwise it’ll be the $4 Arrma yokes.

Tbone bumper.
Or one of my specialty bumper supports lol :ROFLMAO: Should be getting the filiment this week. I haven't given up!
Looks like they are sold out right now. This project won’t come together quickly, so when the time comes hopefully they’ll be back in stock.

I'd definitely run Typhon 3S stubs and hubs to fit 17mm wheels. Axles are much heavier and the 17mm will get you good wheel/tire selection.

I probably wouldn't bother with a TBone bumper, the stock Arrma guards and bumpers are plenty robust.

The Proline Flotek body parachutes waaaay less than the stock Arrma one.

Not sure if the metal CVDs are worth it in a short course truck. Haven't broke my plastic ones even on 4/6S.

How much power are you going to push? M2C chassis brace/motor mount allows for much bigger motors, but any of the stock Arrma cans will fit stock (excluding 8S).

For radio, if you don't already have one picked out, I'd suggest the Radiolink RC6GS V2 and one of the 6 channel receivers.

Why don't you make a 4s senton? Or try 8s lol.
Simple answer.....Not interested 😉
I'd definitely run Typhon 3S stubs and hubs to fit 17mm wheels. Axles are much heavier and the 17mm will get you good wheel/tire selection.

I probably wouldn't bother with a TBone bumper, the stock Arrma guards and bumpers are plenty robust.

Not sure if the metal CVDs are worth it in a short course truck. Haven't broke my plastic ones even on 4/6S.

How much power are you going to push? M2C chassis brace/motor mount allows for much bigger motors, but any of the stock Arrma cans will fit stock (excluding 8S).

For radio, if you don't already have one picked out, I'd suggest the Radiolink RC6GS V2 and one of the 6 channel receivers.
Thanks for the info. I’m not entirely sold on the TBR bumper. As I mentioned in my opening post I’m going to go with the max10 SCT combo. Bigger fish 🐠 will get fried later. I’m going to continue researching the CVD’s, you’re right stock may be totally sufficient. I’ll check out some threads and hopefully get some good info.

Last edited:

On my stock one I pulled them apart at the ujoint multiple times on 3s so that's why I went with that. Totally twisted the plastic apart lol no problems since the upgrade though.

Simple answer.....Not interested 😉

Thanks for the info. I’m not entirely sold on the TBR bumper. As I mentioned in my opening post I’m going to go with the max10 SCT combo. Bigger fish 🐠 will get fried later. I’m going to continue researching the CVD’s, you’re right stock may be totally sufficient. I’ll check out some threads and hopefully get some good info.
FWIW Tbone no longer has their unlimited lifetime warranty, only a 30day mfg warranty now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back