Let's see those crawlers and trail runners!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a crawler/trail rig forum y'all reside on?
Photo for content
Screenshot_20220725-042022_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
Is there a crawler/trail rig forum y'all reside on?
If your looking for knowledge base I would suggest The RC Crawler Forum It's not always the friendliest, but they do know what they are doing over there.
If your looking for a more relaxed bit of comradery, with a decent amount of knowledge, I would give RCTalk a try. (it is the Arrma forums sister site).
If your looking for Inspiration The Scale Builders Guild has some awesome content.

If your looking for knowledge base I would suggest The RC Crawler Forum It's not always the friendliest, but they do know what they are doing over there.
If your looking for a more relaxed bit of comradery, with a decent amount of knowledge, I would give RCTalk a try. (it is the Arrma forums sister site).
If your looking for Inspiration The Scale Builders Guild has some awesome content.
I've been watching SBG for the last year. Awesome content. 👌
Will check out the other sites too. Looking to build a knowledge base for this end of the hobby. I like bashing but am looking for something a little more challenging and slower paced..
...Says the guy planning a GT infraction build ...😉

Honestly the most info will be available on the RC crawler forum. Their site is getting dated, software needs an upgrade, but the content is solid. (y)
I agree. I've been perusing that site for the last week or so apparently, haven't got the urge to join until now.
Thanks for the help.👍

I agree. I've been perusing that site for the last week or so apparently, haven't got the urge to join until now.
Thanks for the help.👍

Sometimes it takes a week or two to get your membership approved, most likely you wont get a notification, you just have to keep trying back.

When I saw it I thought the same. Must be all metal though looking at the weight.
But ehmm, have you checked the price? And that’s a kit…😳.
Being able to drive it offroad straight into the water is amazing though👍.
OMG..!! That price 🤪🤪🤪🤪🤪 still awesome though.

Don't really have any cool pix yet... I have to find some good places to go crawling.

I also have an SCX24 Gladiator but I'm waiting on a new body to arrive... I ruined the old one trying to wrap it so I tossed it; a new (used) blue body will be here tomorrow. The Bronco may be going away because it's utterly worthless as a crawler because it's so top heavy, and I don't want to have to reinvent the whole thing to make it worthwhile. I just ordered the white JKU because Horizon Hobby has a sale going on right now and it was only $105.

On Monday, I have an Axial Ryft kit arriving along with the electronics and everything else. It'll be my first kit. Should be fun to build! I foresee it and the Fireteam becoming my most heavily-modified cars due to the "abusive" use they'll get. I'd love to do full metal underpinnings in the TRXes but all of this is turning into cubic dollars, and I have other hobbies to support... SxS, motorcycle, mountain biking.

The Defender has new wheels and tires coming. I'm still deciding on wheels for the 6x6. It's my favorite of the bunch. That thing is a beast. I've been collecting rocks from a nearby creek to stack into stuff to climb, and no matter what, that 6x6 goes right up it. The Defender does a decent job, and if I fill in the big gaps with smaller rocks, the Gladiator would go up it with careful line choice.

I look forward to getting back to the desert next month (central Utah) where there will be a TON of great crawling and some big areas to run the Fireteam and Ryft. AND some great mountain bike trails. Then in November I'll be near Sand Hollow (St. George area) for both 1/1 (SxS) and scale crawling.

2022-08-11 12-13-40.jpeg

1/1, 1/7, 1/10 and 1/24 scales :)

2022-08-03 16-14-44.jpeg
2022-08-05 16-04-24.jpeg
2022-08-09 19-33-37.jpeg

I just put a new gray body on the 6x6. I have an almost-new shiny black one if anybody is looking for one. Way cheaper than a new one! Might trade for a white one just to see what that's like.

Back