Limitless Liberty's "Unlimited" dream speed build - Stretched Arrma Limitless

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow amazing work Liberty.. I have watched this thread since day one and the level of work, commitment, and time you have expended in creating this is incredible. I cant wait to see it run on its own chassis. When you made the shape of the body you had BSR tires on the chassis, correct? Is that what you mainly intend to use? Also would be curious to hear what you were thinking about regarding motor and ESC, and gearing choices
Thanks man!
Yes the plan was always to be setup with BSR foams.
For an open wheel buggy like the Typhon the GRP tires work best, but if you have a body and some downforce the foams work better than how they do on a buggy (still not as grippy as GRP tires).
The other factor is that the GRP rubber tires do not fair well above 150mph. This car was engineered for the 160-180 range.

This car has the XLX and is planned for 8s use. (why I retained the 2 battery trays)
The motor is the TP4070 and I chose the 1700kv (5D wind)
Initial gearing should put the car around 160 mph. (Still unknown)

To be completely transparent, I do not have the funds to replace/repair this car if it were to ever crash and it scares me to death. The time put into the chassis is not something I feel up for again. This is why I built the second body that goes on the Typhon/Senton. ($9.00 chassis) That car I will be testing the streamliner body with. This carbon fiber creation will most likely be sold. I have someone who supposedly is interested at an amount ? that I would be willing to let it go for.

I will retain the body mold to re-produce the bodies as needed, and with the sale I will be purchasing an 3D printer so I can really explore some more creative projects like this Unlimited project. This should drastically cut down my timeline for creating a design.

My other goal this year is to compare 3+ motors in the Typhon streamliner. something like a 1700, 2200, 2700, and 3200
Each will be geared for the same speed and compare the data. I want to remove the mystery around motor selection for speedruns!
As usual I already have several other project ideas in mind ?

Last edited:
Carbon body is out of the mold and it looks beautiful.
A special thanks to @arelee for donating funds that went towards the epoxy resin. Very generous and kind of you!!!!

Fresh out of the mold:
View attachment 61706

Edges trimmed up:

View attachment 61707

Not only do the bodies look amazing, it seems you may have just created a whole side business to help fund your future builds. Very nice of @arelee to "invest" in this venture. He has also become your number one student. He showcased his build this morning, and I would say that your dedication to answering his questions, have helped him to create something special on it's own. This whole process has been very inspirational. Thanks for taking the time to share all the intricate details.

Not only do the bodies look amazing, it seems you may have just created a whole side business to help fund your future builds. Very nice of @arelee to "invest" in this venture. He has also become your number one student. He showcased his build this morning, and I would say that your dedication to answering his questions, have helped him to create something special on it's own. This whole process has been very inspirational. Thanks for taking the time to share all the intricate details.
Thanks man!
I can honestly say that none of it was terribly difficult and people shouldn't be scared to try something like this. The only thing it does take is lots of time. The costs were not much different than building an M2C upgraded 6s model.

Thanks man!
Yes the plan was always to be setup with BSR foams.
For an open wheel buggy like the Typhon the GRP tires work best, but if you have a body and some downforce the foams work better than how they do on a buggy (still not as grippy as GRP tires).
The other factor is that the GRP rubber tires do not fair well above 150mph. This car was engineered for the 160-180 range.

This car has the XLX and is planned for 8s use. (why I retained the 2 battery trays)
The motor is the TP4070 and I chose the 1700kv (5D wind)
Initial gearing should put the car around 160 mph. (Still unknown)

To be completely transparent, I do not have the funds to replace/repair this car if it were to ever crash and it scares me to death. The time put into the chassis is not something I feel up for again. This is why I built the second body that goes on the Typhon/Senton. ($9.00 chassis) That car I will be testing the streamliner body with. This carbon fiber creation will most likely be sold. I have someone who supposedly is interested at an amount ? that I would be willing to let it go for.

I will retain the body mold to re-produce the bodies as needed, and with the sale I will be purchasing an 3D printer so I can really explore some more creative projects like this Unlimited project. This should drastically cut down my timeline for creating a design.

My other goal this year is to compare 3+ motors in the Typhon streamliner. something like a 1700, 2200, 2700, and 3200
Each will be geared for the same speed and compare the data. I want to remove the mystery around motor selection for speedruns!
As usual I already have several other project ideas in mind ?
It will be amazing to see what you can create with a 3d printer xD.

Out of curiosity, more or less for how much would you let your project go to another home?

@LibertyMKiii we need to talk about pricing on a short CF body for my Typhon 6S....

631A828D-FCBB-4B26-AC5B-66BA2F9FD892.jpeg

It will be amazing to see what you can create with a 3d printer xD.

Out of curiosity, more or less for how much would you let your project go to another home?

Out of respect for the potential buyer (they may not want others to know) I can't say.

@LibertyMKiii we need to talk about pricing on a short CF body for my Typhon 6S....

Let me get in some testing done on my Typhon and we can talk. I want to make sure it will be worth it for you.
I'll tell you that starting in February I am packing for our move in March so I'll be pretty busy for a while with the move and setup at the new house. My wife has a growing honey do list already ?

Out of respect for the potential buyer (they may not want others to know) I can't say.

Let me get in some testing done on my Typhon and we can talk. I want to make sure it will be worth it for you.
I'll tell you that starting in February I am packing for our move in March so I'll be pretty busy for a while with the move and setup at the new house. My wife has a growing honey do list already ?
I can imagine. That day is coming for me as well. Time to look for a place with some land instead of this condo. It made sense 10 years ago, but now we want some land and have the time to take care of it. Heck I end up shoveling our snow anyways.

No big rush on the body. I would just love to pay you back in some way for your hard work and priceless advice you’ve given myself and others here. If this is a burden and not in any way a reward, let me know as that is not my intent. ??✌?

I can imagine. That day is coming for me as well. Time to look for a place with some land instead of this condo. It made sense 10 years ago, but now we want some land and have the time to take care of it. Heck I end up shoveling our snow anyways.

No big rush on the body. I would just love to pay you back in some way for your hard work and priceless advice you’ve given myself and others here. If this is a burden and not in any way a reward, let me know as that is not my intent. ??✌?

We wont have any land in our move but we are moving out of the city so I'll be closer to land and good speed run roads. We wanted to be close to schools since we have a 3 & 8 year old. I think for us 10-15 years till we relocate again to some other home with land.

I will say the materials are pricy when dealing with Carbon.
The Carbon fiber itself and the epoxy resin with hardener came out to $152.00 just for the materials. :cry:
Hopefully the results prove worth it. The cost just for materials is about 3 Delta plastics bodies.

Last edited:
Mate that’s evil !!!!!

I need to get back on my Typhon build and I’ve got about a couple of K’s worth of bits just in boxes ready to start...
UK weather pushed me indoors and into running these little missiles

Keep up the awesome build as it’s inspiring me to dust off my 1/8 spanners haha

65BD2DFE-9501-494A-89DE-E4D3B80BD955.jpeg
AB998993-1359-4A74-9FA7-771D70928AA7.jpeg
08DD7FBA-E6B3-42A7-9893-046E7076FFBB.jpeg
5010BC47-46EE-49AE-8F5B-4F7940292C8A.jpeg

Thanks @Evil-T I like that blue one best!
I was wet sanding last night till my fingers were raw and called it quits. I am getting close to spraying clear coat and still need to build the tail and wing. Hope to have it done in the next week or two because then we start packing for our move.

I think work took a few years off my life this past month.... it has been crazy.

I have been wet sanding and trying to get the body a little bit more straight although I have realized it wont be "perfect". Clear coat will go on Saturday afternoon as it will finally be warm enough. It will look 10x better once there is clear on it!
These pics are after setting up the body mounts. The ride height is just the way I wanted it (has to be able to clear pebbles and compress a bit with downforce.)

Mounted body Capture.JPG

This rear picture illustrates how the design has the body hugging as close to the wheels, suspension, and differentials as possible!
Body mounted 2 Capture.JPG

The last bit after clear coat I am working with a friend who owns a 3D printer to print up my tail/wing combo. This is very similar to the one setup on my Typhon streamliner except this has a real airfoil shape on the center portion of the wing as well as the tail. Inside the tail is the antenna tube:
NEw Tail Capture.JPG

3d print turned out as good as I could have hoped for!

I left some of the edges thick in the design which probably could have been angled but figured I could sand it down after anyway.

Smoothed the edges tonight and got the body cut to drop the tail/wing in.

It is the icing on the cake:

20200217_210652.jpg

20200217_210632.jpg

20200217_210522.jpg

20200217_210234.jpg

20200217_175619.jpg

:love:

3d print turned out as good as I could have hoped for!

I left some of the edges thick in the design which probably could have been angled but figured I could sand it down after anyway.

Smoothed the edges tonight and got the body cut to drop the tail/wing in.

It is the icing on the cake:

View attachment 65927

View attachment 65928

View attachment 65929
View attachment 65930
View attachment 65931

:love:
I sure hope that whomever is buying this thing is paying your mortgage for you ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back