Lipos and Preppers...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC-Dude

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Got this weird thing happening over here. Some background:
  • Government in Germany now officially recommends a storage of food and drink for 10 days.
  • No nuclear plants anymore in Germany (funny though zero carbon emission as long as running) but import nuclear energy from France and "green energy" from Norway. Green lip service - well whatever. Norwegians upset as it drives their electricity cost up.
  • Talk about remote limiting of charging electric cars.
  • We pay about 3x the price for electricity in Germany compared to the USA. Industry leaving the country.
  • Brother lives in Cape Town and has daily electricity rationing - up to 12 hours. That's real. Those who warned years ago were laughed at. USA paying $8,5 bln to South Africa for cleaner energy and to shut down coal. :unsure:
  • "Great" reset, eat insects. European commisson actually authorized insects as food because (yes, that is a quote) "the growing role that insects will play as part of a healthier, more sustainable diet". Well.... whatever
  • We are going to have blackouts here. Just a question of cause and effect. At that rate at which the government here is reducing electricity production - certainly.
  • Portable Lipo-Powerstations and small solar panels selling a lot on Amazon. (highly ineffective when transferring the voltage up with our 230Volt appliances).
  • Anyway - unthinkable just 3 years ago. But it's happening right now. Open talk about "masters of the world" at World Economic Forum. Used to be conspiracy. :unsure:
You get the picture in case you have been hiding under a rock.

So I am wondering about the best use of lipos. Have a couple of those. Putting a few parallel of them does give quite some backup energy. At least for light. I'm not going to sit in the dark for a single hour knowing I have loads of lipos.

What kind of lamp setup on 4s and 6s? So 16,8 volt and 25,2 volt.

Last edited:
Do you still have fossil fuel fires inside your homes in Germany. I live in london and there have been these smoke free zones and lots of limitations for environmental reasons, so only old houses, and most of those have had their chimney places knocked out for a more open plan living, have working fireplaces. My biggest concern with power cuts (extended) would be heating in the winter. If the powers just going out for a few hours it's no real concern.

Oil heating in new houses forbidden in many places from 2024. From 2029 mandatory heat pump in EU.

Could go on a long rant here. I believe our climate change is artificial, malicous and artificially engineered. It's not difficult. Actually pretty easy and there seem to be a number of ways. But this sounds so stupid that it's plausible deniable. That discussion always get stopped right at the beginning. Sounds like stupid speculation. Easy to put into the corner of conspiracy theorys. It's one of these things that most people only realise years later. Always when discussions get stopped right away - that's when our personal BS-detectors should go full scale. The more CO² - the better plants grow. That's why industrial greenhouses add tons and tons of CO² gas. But apparently it's the other way round?

Basically I'm just thinking about putting existing lipos to use.

Last edited:
That's some BS right there!! Not what ur saying, rather what they're doing. We have the greenies taking over here in NY too.. no more gas,oil or solid fuel heat for commercial buildings, residential to follow..
Bugs eh? Nah, no sir. Never. Things are getting crazy all over.. I feel for you and know that the US is on the same agenda, only a few steps behind. I never thought I'd say I'm happy to be "over the hill"... the future looks sad indeed.
As to lipo powered device in the home, I would think you'd want maximum voltage that you can achieve for efficiency. I've never given it much thought TBH. Thanks for dumping this on my brain!!🤔🤪🤣🤣

It's backfiring already. Too many normal good people beeing cancelled for nothing ...... again and again. Just too many to afraid to speak up or too distracted to actually see what's happening. If you want some hope have a look at Julie Green on Rumble, not YT. Her stuff gets ripped off and twisted on YT. If in doubt look at her track record.

But meanwhile I'm just thinking about using lipos. Like some bulbs working at 16volt.

1) Want to have light when I want it.
2) Want to be able to flush the toilet when there is some major blackout and no water is beeing pumped.
Or the other way round might be more important. 😁 :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Lots of big transportation vehicles run on 24v, not 12v, so those bulbs would be pretty widely available. Fire up a soldering station and don’t forget a LiPo alarm, or it could get much brighter, briefly, than you want. 🔥
In the Eastern U.S. there is also a big push to go full electric in all new construction. At a time when our electrical grid is outdated, overtaxed, and subject to attack. In a hot summer when the whole east coast is running multiple air conditioners we have already seen scheduled rolling blackouts. I live in Vermont, and electricity is expensive. I simply can’t imagine the cost increase of heating my home with electricity when the temperatures are in the teens or below 0° during our famously long 4-5 month winters.
I have an oil fed furnace, and will also be installing propane on my property so it will be grandfathered in when our laws change.
I agree with conservation and the need to tone down fossil fuels, but we are at the moment utterly unprepared to do so in light of our (lack of) current technology and our ridiculously outdated and failure prone electrical grid.

Just imagine all the BS we don't know about and couldn't even fathom.. I mean look at how far we have come since the 1870's (American industrial revolution/second industrial revolution), and we have been here how long.. ancient tech.. anyone, anyone.. 🤔

giphy (3) (14).gif

2) Want to be able to flush the toilet when there is some major blackout and no water is beeing pumped.
Well, that’s an easy one. Store water, either in jugs or ideally in a cistern. And that’s assuming you don’t have a municipal water source. The vast majority of municipal water systems are gravity fed, they do not require electricity as they don’t actually pump water. You can flush your previously digested schnitzel and labskaus in the dark. In fact, the only thing you’ll be hearing in a blackout is the widespread flushing of toilets.

Last edited:
Just imagine all the BS we don't know about and couldn't even fathom.. I mean look at how far we have come since the 1870's (American industrial revolution/second industrial revolution), and we have been here how long.. ancient tech.. anyone, anyone.. 🤔

View attachment 306099
The sad truth is that the U.S. lags so far behind the rest of the first world nations that it’s sickening. Infrastructure must be replaced and updated. We’ve sat on our hands for a very long time. This country isn’t even 300 years old yet, for crying out loud.
And one of my biggest gripes is our electrical grid. Why, when vast swaths of power lines are destroyed by weather events or fires, do we continue to rebuild them above ground? Take Puerto Rico, who lost their entire freaking grid. They had to start from scratch, essentially, and missed the opportunity to bury the goddam system! It makes zero sense. Nice new shiny wires ready to be destroyed in the next big hurricane, all over again. And again. And again.
They say that insanity is doing the same old thing over and over while expecting a different result. I just call it stupidity.

The sad truth is that the U.S. lags so far behind the rest of the first world nations that it’s sickening. Infrastructure must be replaced and updated. We’ve sat on our hands for a very long time. This country isn’t even 300 years old yet, for crying out loud.
And one of my biggest gripes is our electrical grid. Why, when vast swaths of power lines are destroyed by weather events or fires, do we continue to rebuild them above ground? Take Puerto Rico, who lost their entire freaking grid. They had to start from scratch, essentially, and missed the opportunity to bury the goddam system! It makes zero sense. Nice new shiny wires ready to be destroyed in the next big hurricane, all over again. And again. And again.
They say that insanity is doing the same old thing over and over while expecting a different result. I just call it stupidity.
Right? Let's force electric heat and heat pumps down their throats..electric cars too. "WE'LL" burn the fossil fuels for you..
We all know we can trust big brother..

Got this weird thing happening over here. Some background:
  • Government in Germany now officially recommends a storage of food and drink for 10 days.
  • No nuclear plants anymore in Germany (funny though zero carbon emission as long as running) but import nuclear energy from France and "green energy" from Norway. Green lip service - well whatever. Norwegians upset as it drives their electricity cost up.
  • Talk about remote limiting of charging electric cars.
  • We pay about 3x the price for electricity in Germany compared to the USA. Industry leaving the country.
  • Brother lives in Cape Town and has daily electricity rationing - up to 12 hours. That's real. Those who warned years ago were laughed at. USA paying $8,5 bln to South Africa for cleaner energy and to shut down coal. :unsure:
  • "Great" reset, eat insects. European commisson actually authorized insects as food because (yes, that is a quote) "the growing role that insects will play as part of a healthier, more sustainable diet". Well.... whatever
  • We are going to have blackouts here. Just a question of cause and effect. At that rate at which the government here is reducing electricity production - certainly.
  • Portable Lipo-Powerstations and small solar panels selling a lot on Amazon. (highly ineffective when transferring the voltage up with our 230Volt appliances).
  • Anyway - unthinkable just 3 years ago. But it's happening right now. Open talk about "masters of the world" at World Economic Forum. Used to be conspiracy. :unsure:
You get the picture in case you have been hiding under a rock.

So I am wondering about the best use of lipos. Have a couple of those. Putting a few parallel of them does give quite some backup energy. At least for light. I'm not going to sit in the dark for a single hour knowing I have loads of lipos.

What kind of lamp setup on 4s and 6s? So 16,8 volt and 25,2 volt.

Ive been saying this for over 20 years.

For more than 2 decades, each time I attended Ani DiFranco's shows, she'd have some "children" there behind a folding table telling everyone how all Nuclear power should be abolished. Me and some some friends use to waste our time arguing with them but it killed the vibe of the night and they were far too stupid to argue back without getting nasty and angry.

Part of today's problem is there are way to many stupid people that actually think they are smart.

Seems to me the campervan systems are 12V or 24V. Don't know how 4s and 6s would fit in.....

Do we need to ween ourselfs off of fossil fuels? Well, ya. Slowly. Over time. You can't just flip a switch and go from one to another. I've always thought that Hybrids were a good option, but some folks seem to think we need to go full on electric with no middle ground. I disagree. There's an old saying, "Necessity is the Mother of All Invention". It's as true today as it's ever been. Where there's a need, someone will provide a solution. We'll all buy it, they'll get rich, and we'll say, " why didn't I think of that". Supply and demand.

Do we need to ween ourselfs off of fossil fuels? Well, ya. Slowly. Over time. You can't just flip a switch and go from one to another. I've always thought that Hybrids were a good option, but some folks seem to think we need to go full on electric with no middle ground. I disagree. There's an old saying, "Necessity is the Mother of All Invention". It's as true today as it's ever been. Where there's a need, someone will provide a solution. We'll all buy it, they'll get rich, and we'll say, " why didn't I think of that". Supply and demand.
Thats a great post. I think we all know the amounts of carbon emissions produced from the time of excavation to making and packaging lithium batteries. And let's NOT forget disposing of them because as of now there is no recycling lithium unless YOU make the effort and take them to the proper hazardous waste centers. The 02 produced is 3x more than fossil fuels. This whole thing is a stunt manufactured by US politicians. Why? Because the 3 MAIN 02 producing countries just opened up a total of over 200 NEW fossil fuel burning electric plants. That along with other agenda gets all the tree huggers and many other groups out in the yard. You can't "go green" until everyone is on board and that's never going to happen. Air doesn't stay in countries.

China, India, Mexico, parts of the EU and many other countries STILL use 2 cycle engines in vehicles. Until you stop all that and make a big stink about it overseas, I'll keep my diesel fleet primed to roll coal.

Why, when vast swaths of power lines are destroyed by weather events or fires, do we continue to rebuild them above ground?

It's not always possible to bury them, and it's tremendously expensive, especially in already built up areas. You could probably rebuild the above ground grid 10 times before you'd approach the cost of buried lines.

In short, it can be mostly done, but you'll pay a heavy price on your electric bill. Which is a complete non-starter in PR, for example.

Thats a great post. I think we all know the amounts of carbon emissions produced from the time of excavation to making and packaging lithium batteries. And let's NOT forget disposing of them because as of now there is no recycling lithium unless YOU make the effort and take them to the proper hazardous waste centers.

They have been working on the development of sodium batteries recently.
I didn't bother to read too far into it, but this seems like a good option if the battery performs as well as they claim.

I believe it was sodium and silicon which we have in abundance, and the little reading I did on this battery they said it has a considerably longer cycle life than typical batteries.

Man... And to think just 3 years ago, all these things we are seeing and experiencing today were called "conspiracy theories". Hate to say I told ya so, but I told ya so. Not you, they know. ;)
Let's start with who bankrolls the MSM & why they don't cover any of this when you can find it on the WEF website. most people can't see how these so-called it's for your convenience or to help you governments are too dumb to look into how they can be used to control you. It was only 3 years ago we were shouting down the CCCP for comi behavior & now the blind are leading the blind

Last edited:
They have been working on the development of sodium batteries recently.
I didn't bother to read too far into it, but this seems like a good option if the battery performs as well as they claim.

I believe it was sodium and silicon which we have in abundance, and the little reading I did on this battery they said it has a considerably longer cycle life than typical batteries.
Which would be great BUT there is no money in sodium or silicon because its so abundant for governments to regulate and bank on. Weve had natural gas and hydrogen cars with 0 emissions for a long time. Can't buy one...

Currently china is mining lithium/cobalt ETC. in Africa and many other places around the world. The USA aint doing squat but PAYING china for it...

We were leading and getting paid for energy, now we are following and paying for energy. Where's the logic....

Which would be great BUT there is no money in sodium or silicon because its so abundant for governments to regulate and bank on. Weve had natural gas and hydrogen cars with 0 emissions for a long time. Can't buy one...

Currently china is mining lithium/cobalt ETC. in Africa and many other places around the world. The USA aint doing squat but PAYING china for it...

We were leading and getting paid for energy, now we are following and paying for energy. Where's the logic....
what do they use to mine these rare minerals? diesel power.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back