Max6/4985 vs Torox 185/Kronos 825

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dwashb7145

Reaction score
I’m planning on upgrading the electronics in my modified heavy Kraton. Was planning on just getting the tried and true max6 combo but after hearing so many people say the Corally combo flat out rips it has peaked my interest. Has anyone run both of them? Opinions?

3C706E1F-66A2-4E2B-AD3B-C56BC1ACDE5C.jpeg

I have run the Torox 185, but not the Kuron 825 motor. I do use the Max6 1650kv combo in a few rigs - and I will say that if you are comparing the 1650kv to the Kuron 825 - the 1650kv is a much bigger motor.

HW 1650kv = 49mmx86.5mm
Kuron 825 = 42mmx74mm

That said - the 1650 will be better for a heavy rig in my opinion.

The 4985 seems much better suited to a heavier than stock Kraton. No experience with the 4985 here, I do however have 2 of th TC combos you're looking at. I like them, plenty of power for stock although I have heard people say they run hot in modified or heavier rigs..
I think a Kraton or Kronos with MT tires is really at the upper limit of what a 4274 (Kuron) sized motor should be used in.. the 4985 has quite a bit more power (and weight). The 4985 should pull that kraton even after being fully beefcaked no problem.

The TC combo is great for ‘normal’ 8th scale.👍
However, for a heavy Kraton you may want a even more power. Power is measured in Watt.
Stock 42mm Arrma motors have 2200-2400Watt. The TC Kuron has 3000 Watt. The HW4985 has 5700Watt.
Even in my heavy Mojave and Fireteam and with heavy lipos in front battery tray position, the 4985 wants to lift the front wheels😉.
I’d go 4985.

Agreed. I like the TC combo myself, but I also bought them from JRC for around $150 each.. perfect for what I do.
The TC combo is a helluva good combo, but the Max6 4985 combo has even more power, which IMO is better for 1/7th scale or beefcaked 1/8th cars in terms of power and cooling.

The TC combo is a helluva good combo, but the Max6 4985 combo has even more power, which IMO is better for 1/7th scale or beefcaked 1/8th cars in terms of power and cooling.
I should have clarified.. I run on a track with 5.5 inch race tires 90 percent of the time, on 4s mostly too..sorry guys. Not really bashing I guess.🤷‍♂️😉

+1 for the max6 combo.

I’ve had both. On both stock cars and beefed out cars. For your beefy heavy Kraton, there is no replacement for displacement haha. That 4985 will do what you need it to.

Chances are the TC combo would get it done, would just struggle with staying cool. The max6 combo will stay cooler without a doubt.

If you are planning on running 4s.. the TC combo could probably fit the bill. But if you want the bawls out crazy kinda power, the selection is clear… gotta be the big boy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back