Mongoose's Typhon Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got around to adding some old Outcast sideguards last night. Fit is perfect and you can already tell how much cleaner the inside will be. Thanks for the tip.

Is your body raised at all? They really do help tremendously but my body is raised in the front so I need to find a way to block it off.

Is your body raised at all? They really do help tremendously but my body is raised in the front so I need to find a way to block it off.
Maybe just a touch. A quick pass with the dremel should get it right. Still a long ways out before I start to run it. waiting on another BS6 receiver from China. Hoping it gets here by summer by the looks of things. Plus, I will not take it out in the snow. I will not take it out in the snow. I will not take it out in the snow. You get the idea.

Maybe just a touch. A quick pass with the dremel should get it right. Still a long ways out before I start to run it. waiting on another BS6 receiver from China. Hoping it gets here by summer by the looks of things. Plus, I will not take it out in the snow. I will not take it out in the snow. I will not take it out in the snow. You get the idea.

Dremel the sideguards? That’s acually a good idea.

Be strong brother! It will be worth the wait to keep her nice shiny versus creaky and rusty!?

I don't know what's wrong with me !!! I read a nice build like this one, then all I can think about is that I need to buy another car LOL

??? I’m right there with ya brother, that’s how I ended up obsessed with the Typhon ?

I don't know what's wrong with me !!! I read a nice build like this one, then all I can think about is that I need to buy another car LOL
Or 2, or 3, or 4...........

The stupid adapters take up too much room under the Typhon body and I couldnt take it anymore. Oh well if it voids the warranty. The body fits way better with the OC sideguards now.

0A9C6839-EE89-4FD7-ABA8-4917B9AAB814.jpeg

that motor fan setup looks sweet and as far as warranty for the ESC I don't think I'd worry much about it for the price you can replace it at Jenny's site compared to the deal you got on the diff's LOL I like the clean look much better

The stupid adapters take up too much room under the Typhon body and I couldnt take it anymore. Oh well if it voids the warranty. The body fits way better with the OC sideguards now.

View attachment 68173
I switch all mine to XT90 almost right after I get them. Didn't feel like changing batteries since all my trucks go XT90 right away. Never had to send one back for a warranty replacement, as they just wanted proof of purchase when I needed one replaced.

that motor fan setup looks sweet and as far as warranty for the ESC I don't think I'd worry much about it for the price you can replace it at Jenny's site compared to the deal you got on the diff's LOL I like the clean look much better

NICE build Goose! (y)

Thanks fellas! I agree, this looks much better.

@rgfast the fan mount seems to be doing pretty well. I need to make a slight change and then I’m sending @drjim one. The zip ties need to be adjusted to clamp a little tighter.

I switch all mine to XT90 almost right after I get them. Didn't feel like changing batteries since all my trucks go XT90 right away. Never had to send one back for a warranty replacement, as they just wanted proof of purchase when I needed one replaced.

This is good to know. Thanks J. I actually prefer the IC5’s over the XT90’s but I’m too deep into the XT90’s to switch now.

I actually prefer XT90’s too but I’m running EC5/IC5’s on some trucks, I just made up two leads for my charging setup .???
Cheap and easy to do if you can solder..?

I will eventually swap all over to XT90’s when I can be bothered ? I’m having too much fun buying new stuff at the moment though..

Last edited:
I actually prefer XT90’s too but I’m running EC5/IC5’s on some trucks, I just made up two leads for my charging setup .???
Cheap and easy to do if you can solder..?

I will eventually swap all over to XT90’s when I can be bothered ? I’m have too much fun buying new stuff at the moment though..

Fun is the name of the game!

Did a quick bash on 4S at the local park a little bit ago with the 2.8’s and holy smokes this thing is an animal even on 4S! Can’t wait to break out 6S tomorrow at the BMX track. I basically just wanted to be sure I was set for tomorrow. I wanted to run the 2.8’s when I go but didn’t want the first outting to be at the track because I wanted to know if the o-rings were going to work.

About the o-rings, they do work but not as well as the braided line. I’ll see how well they hold up to 6S but I’m not too optimistic. They were ballooning a little just on 4S. But hopefully they will be good enough.

The Typhon and truggified Typhon with the MX2.8’s are almost completely different driving cars. The amount of bite it has in grass is crazy! I’d venture to say that the Typhon on 4S is very close to the feel of the Kraton on 6S. It just floats across the grass with the bigger tires. It’s awesome!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back