Mongoose's Typhon Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder what the deal is? Are you using the stock connectors or did you switch them to XT90’s?
Switched to XT90, as I do for all my trucks and batteries, Ran the Notorious today with the Ovonics, and sure enough, maxed out at only 13 minutes. Switched to gensacearespammers, and got 13 minutes with the Noto till it lost a screw in the steering, so then I threw them in the Typhon 6s and got another 5 minutes. I was ripping the Typhon around too, straight shots on pavement and grass. So 18 minutes on 5000 mAh gensacearespammers and 13 minutes on 6000 mAh Ovonics. You get what you pay for.

Nice to see you @Notorious J hope your well and keeping safe..?? ( you've been missed ? )

I've been using my HRB 4000mAh 6s in my Typhon with both sets of tyres MX28's and Katar's and the run time is pretty much the same with both..?
Don't want to jinx myself but I'm also finding that I have way less issues with my Arrma tyres vs my Pro-lines...

You got me worried now though as I was just about to order these.. https://www.ampow.com/eu/ovonic-50c-4500mah-6s1p-deans-2pcs-lipo-battery.html

Nice to see you @Notorious J hope your well and keeping safe..?? ( you've been missed ? )

I've been using my HRB 4000mAh 6s in my Typhon with both sets of tyres MX28's and Katar's and the run time is pretty much the same with both..?
Don't want to jinx myself but I'm also finding that I have way less issues with my Arrma tyres vs my Pro-lines...

You got me worried now though as I was just about to order these.. https://www.ampow.com/eu/ovonic-50c-4500mah-6s1p-deans-2pcs-lipo-battery.html
Thanks for the kind words. As far as the battery goes, it seems most have had good luck, especially with the 6s. They are great value for sure. Could be just the 3s ones aren;t up to snuff. It's a few minutes less, so it really isn't that big of a deal. All the best to you and yours as well. Stay safe.

Been a while since I updated this.

I swapped in OC arms and towers and at first I didn’t like the look when it was sitting on the bench and contemplated switching back but thought I’d give it a go since I put the time in on the swap, and man, I’m glad I did. Turns out I really like it. I like the way it handles and younger the same grunt and speed of the Typhon but with a wider and more stable width.

So, parts list. These are in addition to the Kraton, hubs hexes and drivehafts.

-Kraton driveshafts
-OC arms
-OC towers
-OC Rear shocks
-Typhon rear shocks moved to the front
-Talion Rear springs on the front. (Typhon rears were way too soft)

Oh, and I also added a RPM front bumper.

7A05745A-2115-4A0D-923E-C66DA2638252.jpeg

667907F2-8C55-429C-BEE4-39135A8AC5F1.jpeg
27816AF7-113C-43BF-A830-01610D94708B.jpeg

Took it out tonight with the MX buggy tires. This thing is a beast. I love these tires with the extended arms and suspension travel. I don’t know if it’s the buggy gearing and tire size or what but she rips and shreds.

Im really liking the extended arms. It handles tall grass really well even with the smaller tires.

I love it!

A9049D37-7032-48EB-9B97-707C9D0FF14F.jpeg
2E471B46-2948-4E3D-B80F-671CF51A5597.jpeg
D37DBFF7-FB81-479F-922D-27A984F93011.jpeg

Seems like a SWB Talion ?

Hmmm, I think that is the best way to describe it actaully.

I took it out again today with the MX’s and had a blast. Although I love these tires on here because they hook up so well and provide some air control, I have to say I am getting tired of glueing the sidewalls after almost every run. If PL can find a way to fix this issue these would be one of the best tires for the Typhon IMO.

Although I love these tires on here because they hook up so well and provide some air control, I have to say I am getting tired of glueing the sidewalls after almost every run. Typhon IMO.
Maybe you should try gluing them with the red loctite that Arrma use, that way they'll never come unstuck unless you use plenty of heat...??????

Maybe you should try gluing them with the red loctite that Arrma use, that way they'll never come unstuck unless you use plenty of heat...??????

That’s about what they need man. Landing with the wheels turned is enough to break the bead.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back