Motor cable tidies...?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yas

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Notorious
  4. Outcast 6s
  5. Typhon 3s
After a few jumps and tumbles the 3 motor cables on all of my RCs flop around and end up askew in a bundle even when using the built in cable runs, sometimes with the bullet pins half pulled out

Does anyone know of an aftermarket cable tidy that will keep my ESC and motor cable straight and in line with each other? I know I can widen the pins on bullet connectors to keep them tight but I still want tidy wire management

TIA

Zipties are going to be the go to, super cheap and plentiful. Others will use their Velcro scraps from batteries and such. Also, I'll see members using heat shrink to tidy up wires as well!! ? (y)

After a few jumps and tumbles the 3 motor cables on all of my RCs flop around and end up askew in a bundle even when using the built in cable runs, sometimes with the bullet pins half pulled out

Does anyone know of an aftermarket cable tidy that will keep my ESC and motor cable straight and in line with each other? I know I can widen the pins on bullet connectors to keep them tight but I still want tidy wire management

TIA

Drill a small hole through the top of the wire guide, stick a body clip or screw with a lock nut through the hole.

Zipties are going to be the go to, super cheap and plentiful. Others will use their Velcro scraps from batteries and such. Also, I'll see members using heat shrink to tidy up wires as well!! ? (y)
Drill a small hole through the top of the wire guide, stick a body clip or screw with a lock nut through the hole.
Thanks fellas I use zip ties for now, but I've never thought about velcro. I've seen people suggest the wire guide mod with a screw but I've never had the cable pop out of there... it's always at the motor itself and it's hard to straighten them out and plug them fully home again because of the side guards getting in the way

What I'm after are some sort of plastic strips with 3 drilled holes to feed the 10 AWG wire through... has anyone heard of such a thing? I could try making one up out of something ?

You could cut up an old lexan body and fab up a plastic piece or with layers, double or triple up the pieces you use to strengthen it a bit? Drill out the three holes and sand off the edges a lil and maybe good to go!? :unsure:(y)

I do this. I also put heat shrink long enough to encase both bullet ends, shrink it down, then use zips to keep the bundle together as well as a zip cinching them together.

I had to get a bit more creative now that I have a max6 in it as there wasn't room to put the wires in the holder as designed...
2020-0317-Outcast-max6-moved-sideLow.jpg

I do this. I also put heat shrink long enough to encase both bullet ends, shrink it down, then use zips to keep the bundle together as well as a zip cinching them together.

I had to get a bit more creative now that I have a max6 in it as there wasn't room to put the wires in the holder as designed...
2020-0317-Outcast-max6-moved-sideLow.jpg
I've had problems before using cable ties on shrink wrap... they had gotten hot from use, melted through the shrink wrap and shorted the connectors to the point where they look like they could have welded together ?

That would suggest there was a bad connection/solder joint. I've done this on all my trucks that have bullets on the motors for the past 3 years without issue.

That would suggest there was a bad connection/solder joint. I've done this on all my trucks that have bullets on the motors for the past 3 years without issue.
The joints were fine I just got carried away and tightened the zip ties too hard.. mild OCD to blame for that ??

Thanks fellas I use zip ties for now, but I've never thought about velcro. I've seen people suggest the wire guide mod with a screw but I've never had the cable pop out of there... it's always at the motor itself and it's hard to straighten them out and plug them fully home again because of the side guards getting in the way

What I'm after are some sort of plastic strips with 3 drilled holes to feed the 10 AWG wire through... has anyone heard of such a thing? I could try making one up out of something ?
The motor leads shouldn't be pulling apart if they are staying in the retainer. My guess is that the chassis is flexing on landings. Am I safe to assume that you are still running the stock chassis? Is your rear chassis brace broken?

The motor leads shouldn't be pulling apart if they are staying in the retainer. My guess is that the chassis is flexing on landings. Am I safe to assume that you are still running the stock chassis? Is your rear chassis brace broken?
It's all good the braces are GPM aluminium with stock chassis, no bends or any other issues with the chassis at all, and it's other brands of RC that I get it with too... it's just the force of landing jumps repetitively that gradually drop and pull at the connector pins

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back