Vendetta My low cell Vendetta build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's all over the place I need help @vwturbowolf and @K-BASH.
It did 53mph on 3S and I had it limited to 30% and I don't think it maxed out.
I don't know if the: servo is bad, steering is binding, or if the Hoons are just that bad. At about any speed it would dart to the left or the right.
I'd definitely go to grps,,what was at 30%???gyro..I'd get rid of gyro 1st till cars dialed in then introduce it...if ya recently took car apart steering could be binded up from overtighten screws..I'd remove horn screw an see if steering is binding

Disconnect the horn from the fixed link, see if it freely moves.. I'm gonna guess and say the front needs some compression added to the suspension, also before you unhook it, see if it centers correctly on the bench? 🥸

Follow the above suggestions and also welcome to the vendetta 😊 if it makes you feel any better mines doing about the same thing. It’s getting fully rebuilt over winter

I'd definitely go to grps,,what was at 30%???gyro..I'd get rid of gyro 1st till cars dialed in then introduce it...if ya recently took car apart steering could be binded up from overtighten screws..I'd remove horn screw an see if steering is binding
The throttle. I removed the gyro when I went to the FlySky.
I'll Take another look at the steering, but I will only change the tires for now.
Disconnect the horn from the fixed link, see if it freely moves.. I'm gonna guess and say the front needs some compression added to the suspension, also before you unhook it, see if it centers correctly on the bench? 🥸
That isn't a problem as far as I know. There is small spot where the screw on the end of the horn was rubbing on the chassis so am going to take a look at that.
Follow the above suggestions and also welcome to the vendetta 😊 if it makes you feel any better mines doing about the same thing. It’s getting fully rebuilt over winter
If this is welcome to Vendetta, then I don't know why I have a 4tec.:LOL: Many people have told me that it takes some work to get it passed 70mph then you are off to the races (I guess the steering gets weird over 70 once you get it working then it's a good car).
Should add to make absolutely sure that whatever servo you are using finds center after turning either way.
This can cause havoc
Yes, I will check this. I have a basher that has that problem really bad. Since its 2wd brushed it's not a big problem overall.

Thanks for all your help! I will check from the servo to the wheel and swap out to GRPs. If that doesn't fit it, I am going to try springs in the back.
The road I use is very nice, but the Detta sometimes has a rear bounce when I am running.

Switched to GRPs and there was a ball joint between the servo arm and the rack so I tightened that up with glue (You would think a metal joint wouldn't be sloppy), that helped some. I think I need to get a new servo.
It's weird but when I run it back and forth 5ft in the house it looks like it dog tracks, so I don't know if something is bant or something is set up really wrong? There is so much slop in the rear, I need to shim stuff like this guy did. I am going to check my camber since I have new tires installed.
I am going to go test it the way it is, I don't expect to see a night and day difference.

The GRPs made a big difference! I think i need a new servo, it will be going along and then it will dart left or right and then when I recorrect it goes the other way.
I adjusted the camber from: LF -2, RF -0.5, LR -1.5, and RR -1.5 to Front 0 and Rear between -0.5 and 0. The rear tow is crazy on this car you think the limitless has a lot, well the Vendetta will change your mind! Was able to pull off a 58mph pass, I still have not maxed out 3S 30%.

The GRPs made a big difference! I think i need a new servo, it will be going along and then it will dart left or right and then when I recorrect it goes the other way.
I adjusted the camber from: LF -2, RF -0.5, LR -1.5, and RR -1.5 to Front 0 and Rear between -0.5 and 0. The rear tow is crazy on this car you think the limitless has a lot, well the Vendetta will change your mind! Was able to pull off a 58mph pass, I still have not maxed out 3S 30%.
Bellcrank swing freely!?

adjustments helped. It still drives a straight as a jump rope :LOL:.
Going to install a new servo and double check that there is no problem with the Bellcrank.
Was able to get 65mph 3S 30% before it went off the road and up a drive. As soon as this car drives straight 100mph is not far off.

A little update.
I have been working on my steering with @K-BASH, I think I finally got it working! Who would have thought that tow out would work so well.
I have been fighting LVC do to: the cold, overdrive, a friction drivetrain, and using a cheap battery.
I changed my spur to 35T (making 6mm pinions has been a whole project in itself). I lowered my gearing by 18%-ish and the speed only went down by 3.5%-ish.
I ran 60,61,62,63 last night (30% input) I crashed on the 63-mph run broke all my 3d printed parts and bent the saft (was able to bend that back).
I am changing the pinion to 27t so I will be running 27/35. I hope I get another chance to run the thing in the next month, I am going to try today but it's a bit windy.
56 in Dec for my area is high! normally its 30's or less.

P1450167.JPG
P1450773.JPG

A little update.
I have been working on my steering with @K-BASH, I think I finally got it working! Who would have thought that tow out would work so well.
I have been fighting LVC do to: the cold, overdrive, a friction drivetrain, and using a cheap battery.
I changed my spur to 35T (making 6mm pinions has been a whole project in itself). I lowered my gearing by 18%-ish and the speed only went down by 3.5%-ish.
I ran 60,61,62,63 last night (30% input) I crashed on the 63-mph run broke all my 3d printed parts and bent the saft (was able to bend that back).
I am changing the pinion to 27t so I will be running 27/35. I hope I get another chance to run the thing in the next month, I am going to try today but it's a bit windy.
56 in Dec for my area is high! normally its 30's or less.

View attachment 336093View attachment 336094
Great to hear..
Something else ive figured out is a must is raising rear of car.by raising rear it puts downforce on entire car..start with rear higher than normal

Great to hear..
Something else ive figured out is a must is raising rear of car.by raising rear it puts downforce on entire car..start with rear higher than normal
I saw in one of your videos back when you were testing the 1721 and I little after that how much rake was in the car.
I think I have the rear driveshafts level. Should I go higher?

Went out to test today. its over 50 outside here!!! 27/35 gearing
1st run 59mph 3S 30%
2nd run 4v 58mph 3S 50%
3rd run 3.95v 58mph 3S 60%
I don't know why the speed did not increase, I am going to try 75% then 100%. after that I will go 1 or 2 teeth up on the pinion.
The car finally sounds like a vendetta for some reason it has been louder than what others sound like in videos. When I rebuilt the car I tryed to loosen the front Diff but there is still a lot of friction.

1st run (GPS was not started :confused:) 3S 75%
2nd run 60mph 3S 75%
3rd run 4v 59mph 3S 100%
4th run 58mph 3S 100%
This is kind of weird I think it might have something to do with radio calibration since I do I burn out then it's the same speed most of the rest of the run (6S trigger).
I am going to gear up 2t on the pinion and try to set the ESC up. Weather man says rain tomorrow snow Mon so who knows how meany months it's going to be until I can run again. Air and ground temp was about the same around 47.
Edit: I am going to keep working with what I have until it starts cutting but by the time, I get out next, I should have an ESC and maybe a motor for this car.

2nd Edit: After some testing, I hit WOT at under 20% input. I am going to recalibrate the ESC and gear up (should see 65+) when thinking about it more 60mph is a good number considering I have 27/35 gearing on 3S with a 2050kv motor ran by a 150a ESC. I got 67 with my 1/7th scale I think I had 1:1 gearing, and I got 71mph 30/32 with this car (which I forgot to mention beet my 2y 3S PB that I made with my stock slash (Only change was gearing (used Traxxas gears)). I think I should be able to get 80's with this car on 3S, that might break the 3S PB for this ESC (If someone knows please tell me).
It was cutting out with 31/30 gearing in the cold. That would have given me 81mph according to the calculation made with 9.5V battery). With the math made from this data 65mph should be the number I am able to get with a 29t pinion.
(Funny thing: RC Speed Calculator thinks I should have been able to do 108mph lol that shows you what a 150a ESC, friction, and volt drop can do to you. the RC Talk one gives me 71mph, so I guess my battery was dropping to 3.17v??? I don't think the ESC would have let that happen). I think it's the rolling resistance that makes me have to use such a low voltage to get an accurate calculation. after today I will be using the rctalk.com RC Speed Calculator VS radiocontrolinfo.com one do to it letting me input voltage vs just cell count.

Last edited:
Wot at 20% trigger? That would be tanking the voltage big time. Re calibrate and get a smooth pull. You'll see more mph

29/35 damp road
1st run 63mph.
2nd run 64mph.
The recalibration worked, and I am using a 6S trigger pull.
I think I would have seen 65 or 66 if the road was dry so my guess was right. I almost have the car going straight, a little to the left still.
It's going to snow tomorrow so I think my season is over. I am going to gear up to 31/35 now and see what happens I hope and should see 70mph.
30/32 did not cut on me, that gearing should have been good for 74.2mph that means that I can at less go up to 33/35=74.9mph.

PB Recap:
Build: 71mph with gyro on.
1st Rebuild (changed servo and adjusted a lot of things and new gearing): 65mph
2nd Rebuild (After a crash): 64mph
Ran 2 63's tonight gearing was 31/35 dry road 39 degrees (road temp). 1st run I had 4s of WOT and 2nd run was 3s+ of WOT.
It sounded fastest but when I brought it back, I was kinda sad. I am going to gear up to 33/35 which is just a small amount more aggressive than the original gearing (30/32) and see what happens. We had one of the coldest Christmas's in a long-time last year and now it's looking like we will have the warmest in a long time.

Well, I wonder if it's the temperature that's killing me.
33/35 only 65mph.
Ran storage change 4S at 75% got 62mph. I may have to stick with 4S if I want to see any more speed in this weather and with this ESC.

Back