Need a good radio and receivers for bashing around a new build kit vehicle.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The good thing about buying a Spektrum radio like the DX5C is that the higher end Arrma's and Losi's come with compatible receivers, so you can just bind it up and drive.
Great point. The higher end Arrmas and Losi's come with the SR6000T with telemetry. The newer DX5C's have the telemetry screen and if you have an older DX5C you can update to the latest Raceware and it includes the telemetry screen now. I had done the Flash. The Telem. screen appeared after reboot.(y):cool:

You can also buy those fake Spektrum DSM2 receivers on eBay. They will work with the DX5C. I think you have to bind at 16.5ms frame rate instead of 11ms though.

I could see that $10. Rx for a Crawler maybe?? But at 16.5 ms Frame rate... sure it will feel vague compared to DSMR @ 11.5 and lower (with the Pro radio). I would rather spend $30. for the current cheapest Spektrum DSMR RX. Just my preference for fast bashing.
But there are $10. options out there. Thanks. Great video again. Explained well.(y) :cool:

Flysky is great but backordered everywhere for two months or more.

Take a look at the Flysky Noble
Love mine but cannot find the small receivers in the US anywhere. Or at least cheap as they should be. I buy a couple at a time from AliExpress and have been waiting for probably six weeks for a couple now. I'm gonna have to make a claim. I also ordered a couple more from another AliExpress seller earlier this week.

I have a Radio link RC4GS and I love it. Adjustments for everything, and a gyro receiver included.Also Extra receivers like that go for about 19-22 dollars. Will take a lipo battery if desired. Nicely lit screen. Using it on my granite blx. No range issues and can't detect latency issues.

Bought it for about $55 with tax and shipping. Easy to install and bind. Up and running quick.

Jim

That Radio Link is a well known awesome radio. (y)

I use the Spektrum DXC5 to control my entire #ArrmaFleet and I love it for $129.00! I ditched the stock one they stick you with if you buy any #ARRMA rigs which is that stx2 which is a pcs of junk!

Attachments

• DX5C Remote.jpg
    DX5C Remote.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 55
  • My ARRMA Collection.jpeg
    My ARRMA Collection.jpeg
    98.8 KB · Views: 55
My issue with RadioLink is their terrible customer service based in China. They make you ship it back to them for warranty work. It costs more to ship back than buy another new one. Just be aware of the situation.

Dumborc works way better than stx2. All others are way to much for a basher.

My issue with RadioLink is their terrible customer service based in China. They make you ship it back to them for warranty work. It costs more to ship back than buy another new one. Just be aware of the situation.
I quess I never knew that, or even thought about it. I assumed all those radios were made somewhere else and that service would be impossible.

Jim

The good thing about buying a Spektrum radio like the DX5C is that the higher end Arrma's and Losi's come with compatible receivers, so you can just bind it up and drive.

Same thing with DX5 rugged?
Looking maybe for a radio for my son.
Interesting Thread by the way...

Dumborc works way better than stx2. All others are way to much for a basher.

I dunno, I see people with 5 $800 cars and aren't willing to spend $80 on a decent radio. I get tired of keeping 5 sets of 4AA batteries charged...

I dunno, I see people with 5 $800 cars and aren't willing to spend $80 on a decent radio. I get tired of keeping 5 sets of 4AA batteries charged...
The Dumbo is a decent radio...perhaps better than many mentioned in this thread.

Would be nice to have multi car control but I cannot complain for $30

Instead of Ttx300, who's doing antenna less reliable receiver? I saw the SR2100 Race, but due for may 2020.

Instead of Ttx300, who's doing antenna less reliable receiver? I saw the SR2100 Race, but due for may 2020.
Futaba makes the R304SB-E and I’ve had good luck with them in my Granite, K4S, and Typhon 6S.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back