Need some help choosing..!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What’s the difference between a truggified Typhon and a Notorious? Just the body? I would either go Typhon as a buggy or go with the Noto.
The truggifoe
What’s the difference between a truggified Typhon and a Notorious? Just the body? I would either go Typhon as a buggy or go with the Noto.
The Truggified has Kraton/Outcast hubs, end axles and hexes to enable running 2.8 tires. Still runs Typhon everything else. Truck bods look super cool on them! In my case, I'm running Mojave arms, driveshafts and turnbuckles. Gives it another couple inches in overall width. Makes for a super stable beast! ?

Get a black notorious. Love mine!

IMG_20190918_230357820.jpg

That's a tough choice. I drive my truggified Typhon more than my Noto but the Noto is such a great looking truck, especially in black. You really can't go wrong with either. One plus for the Noto is it shares a ton of parts with the Kraton that you own.

There's a lot of love here for the Notorious..???

My choice isn't getting any easier though..?? just when I decide I've chosen one I then change my mind again...?

Question.. to do a truggyfied all I need is Kraton/Outcast hubs, end axles and hexes..?? oh and wheels ?

@RC DUDE81 what wheels do you run on yours are they Talion wheels..??

My choice isn't getting any easier though..?? just when I decide I've chosen one I then change my mind again...?

Question.. to do a truggyfied all I need is Kraton/Outcast hubs, end axles and hexes..?? oh and wheels ?

To help you I'll tell what i do. Get something that'll give you a different experience from what you have. I snagged a 1:6 scale SCT bc I don't have any SCTs. I'd like to get an Infraction if stupid Arrma will find the next gear on production so i can get one... Hey!!!
How about you send me your Infraction and I'll send you my Noto!?! Straight up!! ?

I run 2.8 tires. Currently I'm running 2.8 Proline Trenchers on my blue Tyjave?My other 2 Typhons are Truggified but I'm running buggy tires. The wider stance helps a lot with overall handling! But in order to keep the 2.8's from ballooning mad I put 500k in the center diff. Not s big fan of taped or strapped tires. Kills the traction imo. Good luck!??

So my choice just got even better and harder, eBay on my side of the pond have just dropped a 10% off code...?

I will be buying one of them today and still can't decide..lol ?

If I do a truggyfied can it be done with an Outcast/Notorious..??

Been trying to work out what the cost of various mods etc would cost me, but because I'm in the UK jenny's isn't as cheap for me as it is for you guys..?
What would I need to buy to truggyfie a Notorious vs a Typhon ..??

I know both would require a body ( have already got some 2.8 Badlands on the Granite )

For me it would come down to space. The savings of a truggy in terms of space might tip the scale. If you have restricted storage or bash space, then go truggy. If you live in a big house with a large bash area, go K8S ?✌?

So my choice just got even better and harder, eBay on my side of the pond have just dropped a 10% off code...?

Been trying to work out what the cost of various mods etc would cost me, but because I'm in the UK jenny's isn't as cheap for me as it is for you guys..?

I know both would require a body ( have already got some 2.8 Badlands on the Granite )

You don’t have to put a truck body on it yet. A truggified typhon would be my vote if you want something different. The Kraton can pretty much do what an outcast can do.

What's a truggified Notorious?

@bicketybam .. I mean if I did it the other way around and used a Notorious as the base to build truggyfied Typhon...lol ?

Therefore having the stronger diffs etc..

@bicketybam .. I mean if I did it the other way around and used a Notorious as the base to build truggyfied Typhon...lol ?

Therefore having the stronger diffs etc..
You don't want to do that. Way too many parts to swap....arms, shock towers, etc. And the diffs aren't stronger.

Typhon, truggify it, make me jealous. Done. ?
@Mongoose ... Job done...?

@RC DUDE81.. I’m gonna follow in your footsteps I think, truggyfied Mojave Typhon???
Question.. are you using Mojave hub carriers or Kraton..?

@Mongoose ... Job done...?

@RC DUDE81.. I’m gonna follow in your footsteps I think, truggyfied Mojave Typhon???
Question.. are you using Mojave hub carriers or Kraton..?
Yes, Kraton hubs, axles and hexs. Just like a regular Truggified. Also an important thing is the rear ears on the Typhon chassis will need to be shaved down just a bit to allow the Mojave arms to down travel. They bind a bit if not :unsure: The Mojave chassis has shorter ears. Just make sure if you do it, you leave room for the droop screws!?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back