Kraton New Arrma 4s 2022 models.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i don't want no bend metal-chassis and have to replace it for 100 Dollar or pay 150 Dollar for an upgraded 7075 t6 aluminium one. I like 30 Dollar Plastic-Chassis for my Bashers.

I never jump onto concrete. I drive off road and always land my jumps on dirt or grass. I've broken a free things but never bent a metal chassis.

Just too wheelie happy for me. ✌
yeah, that is one thing that bugs me about my Outcast on 6s, you can't give it much throttle at all without wheelies. Running 4s + truggy wheels keeps the noes down nicely, though, and still has lots of zoom, and can still backflip (but not as snappy)

yeah, that is one thing that bugs me about my Outcast on 6s, you can't give it much throttle at all without wheelies. Running 4s + truggy wheels keeps the noes down nicely, though, and still has lots of zoom, and can still backflip (but not as snappy)
That's my recipe for the MT410, truggy tires, 4s. Just wish for a tad more straight line stability. Admittedly I'm asking it to do something it wasn't designed for.

That's my recipe for the MT410, truggy tires, 4s. Just wish for a tad more straight line stability. Admittedly I'm asking it to do something it wasn't designed for.

I'm hoping to own the Outcast 6S EXB or Notorious soon. That is what worries me, being too wheelie happy, and too twitchy in the air. Even with my Granite, if maintaining steady speed in grass it doesn't want to plant the front wheels hardly at all. And I don't think I've ever heard anyone refer to the Outcast or Notorious as sailing through they air. Better not take your eyes off for a fraction of a second. So why get it then...? Well, I was pretty content with two 3S that we have, but these recent sales have given me the itch and now I have to try a 6S. If we had more land, or lived right next door to a park, then I would probably not get the Outcast next. But in the space that is most convenient to us all of the time, the Granite is a ton of fun trying to keep it in control, and doing jumps and flips. I think the Outcast (or Notorious) will be too. And I can experiment with smaller wheels and 4S batteries. If it all starts damaging the yard too much, hmmm I don't want to think about that.

I think the Outcast 4S sounds like a really good option as well, maybe kind of a sweet spot. But it won't seem that great until the sale on the Notorious 6S is over tomorrow.

Last edited:
I'm hoping to own the Outcast 6S EXB or Notorious soon. That is what worries me, being too wheelie happy, and too twitchy in the air. Even with my Granite, if maintaining steady speed in grass it doesn't want to plant the front wheels hardly at all. And I don't think I've ever heard anyone refer to the Outcast or Notorious as sailing through they air. Better not take your eyes off for a fraction of a second. So why get it then...? Well, I was pretty content with two 3S that we have, but these recent sales have given me the itch and now I have to try a 6S. If we had more land, or lived right next door to a park, then I would probably not get the Outcast next. But in the space that is most convenient to us all of the time, the Granite is a ton of fun trying to keep it in control, and doing jumps and flips. I think the Outcast (or Notorious) will be too. And I can experiment with smaller wheels and 4S batteries. If it all starts damaging the yard too much, hmmm I don't want to think about that.

I think the Outcast 4S sounds like a really good option as well, maybe kind of a sweet spot. But it won't seem that great until the sale on the Notorious 6S is over tomorrow.
My 4s v1 kraton on 15t(stock13t)is more wheelie Happy than my notorious v5 on 14T

My 4s v1 kraton on 15t(stock13t)is more wheelie Happy than my notorious v5 on 14T
Are you comparing them both on 4s? I had the same setups for my first two cars. The 4s Kraton actually seemed faster, and I could work up to full throttle without much of a wheelie. My 6s outcast with 14t pinion on 4s was slower, and less likely to wheelie. On 6s it would do standing backflips, and it was almost impossible to go full speed in grass without the front wheels popping up over and over. The slipper setting on the 4s and the center diff fluid in the 6s will play a large role though.

Are you comparing them both on 4s? I had the same setups for my first two cars. The 4s Kraton actually seemed faster, and I could work up to full throttle without much of a wheelie. My 6s outcast with 14t pinion on 4s was slower, and less likely to wheelie. On 6s it would do standing backflips, and it was almost impossible to go full speed in grass without the front wheels popping up over and over. The slipper setting on the 4s and the center diff fluid in the 6s will play a large role though.
No comparing them at their optimal lipos.

I can certainly believe that. I'm thinking that's one of the reasons Arrma has lengthened the v2?
What is max speed out of the box for the 6s Noto? Just curious. RC dude got around 50mph out of the v2 4s kraton. I'm guessing that's pretty darned close? Not saying max speed is everything by any means, but these v2 4s seem to be pretty stout in terms of performance. Longevity is my concern with them..

Last edited:

Granite on 3s is more wheelie happy than the Outcast with (I think) 100k. Most people will tell you to run 500k-1MM-20MM in the Outcast, though. IF you want to keep the front end down (like I do) then 100k works, but if you ride wheelies, you will balloon and explode your front tires, and/or over heat your Center diff and explode it. With 100k, wheelies are still just a trigger pull away, but mid-throttle speed adjustment will not automatically put the front wheels in the air. 100k also help with the "Must coast or brake to turn" that the Granite (and Outcast with 1MM CD) has.

But, 100k you need to be mindful of how you drive, or you will lose front tires and center diffs. Compromises, yo.

I think it comes down to the slipper/diff tuning and the wheels. My slipper may have been set a little looser than yours while my diff in the 6s might have had thicker fluid. It just goes to show how much setup affects the characteristics of the car.

I think it comes down to the slipper/diff tuning and the wheels. My slipper may have been set a little looser than yours while my diff in the 6s might have had thicker fluid. It just goes to show how much setup affects the characteristics of the car.
My clutch is on the loose side. My noto has 100k LSD
Apparently Rc guy garage is also waiting on “the fix” for the axles. Its the second time his c clip backs out even with tape wrapped around
“The production models are going to have that fix” arrma is just shooting themselves on the foot if this is false

“The production models are going to have that fix” arrma is just shooting themselves on the foot if this is false
exactly. They do seem to have all the you-tubers saying this, so maybe they do have a fix in the pipeline. Back in the Hobbico days, Arrma often had mid-model run changes to fix things.. Sometimes small things like diff shimming, sometimes bigger changes like wheel hubs or ESC changes. Horizon seems to want to wait till the next big Version change to fix known issues, though (cough STX2 cough).

I haven't seen the "issue" with the axles yet,but sure hope they don't wait to address it..that might be more damaging to Arrmas reputation than the v1 issues!?

I haven't seen the "issue" with the axles yet,but sure hope they don't wait to address it..that might be more damaging to Arrmas reputation than the v1 issues!?
Well its kinda of a big deal. The c clip in the rear axles is flying out the pin. There could be more reasons about why. The rear only and not the frontEven when wrapped with tape.
The car also runs hot and the wire management not geat. It already ran hot on the 1 now a bit more weigh its even worse. Needs better fans for the motor from day1
the clutch is a heat generator and highly inefficient. Friction heat and combine that with ha generated by the motor.

Last edited:
Well its kinda of a big deal. The c clip in the rear axles is flying out the pin. There could be more reasons about why. The rear only and not the frontEven when wrapped with tape.
The car also runs hot and the wire management not geat. It already ran hot on the 1 now a bit more weigh its even worse. Needs better fans for the motor from day1
Not dismissing by any means, just haven't seen what the issue is yet. I did try watching Guy's video, but must've missed it. He talks too much.. but I did see him throw the Maxx in disgust!!🤣🤣 My brother almost threw his Sludge in disgust last weekend too!!🤣🤣

20220702_154844.jpg

20220702_154852.jpg

My clutch is on the loose side. My noto has 100k LSD
Apparently Rc guy garage is also waiting on “the fix” for the axles. Its the second time his c clip backs out even with tape wrapped around
Man sure loves his battery connector adapters. :p

1657121041372.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back