Kraton New Arrma 4s 2022 models.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I want a bulletproof 4s truck, I'd just put a 4068 2650kv in a MT410 & throw a Outcast 4s body/wing on it. Same size, weighs th
I can definitely agree with this, great on 4s, and pretty tough straight out of the box(after building). My only drawback with the mt410 is it's too short of a wheelbase for my liking. Great for stunting though.
You do bring up a good point though, the Arrma 4s electronics seem barely adequate. Time will tell.. hey Arrma, how bout an exb 4s kraton? You can ditch the slipper for a diff, and give it steel cvds!! I know it'll sell at least one!!🤣🤣

I can definitely agree with this, great on 4s, and pretty tough straight out of the box(after building). My only drawback with the mt410 is it's too short of a wheelbase for my liking. Great for stunting though.
You do bring up a good point though, the Arrma 4s electronics seem barely adequate. Time will tell.. hey Arrma, how bout an exb 4s kraton? You can ditch the slipper for a diff, and give it steel cvds!! I know it'll sell at least one!!🤣🤣
That's the one thing I don't like about the MT410, it has almost zero stability when jumping. It wants to flip forever, just like the Kaiju & Force RC SWB. I do have another Force RC LWB chassis I can use to build a V2 4s Kraton wannabe. It's a tiny bit longer than the V2 Kraton, but it'll work. The Force RC SWB is a tiny bit longer than the V2 Outcast, but the blue body should still fit.

I have to give props to RC Guy Garage on YT. I usually don't care about the grains of salt hype reviews & runs I see but he's really ripping the truck like a normal basher - not just trying to sell a truck. He's showing the problems he gets into, whether it's user or truck related. While he still give the rigs too much credit, he's willing to show & break down flaws. The platform does seem to hold up much better than the 1st version, but still have some of the same problems.

Maybe I just treat my stuff badly, but that video was boring TBH. He was treating it way too nice. To me me personally, that was just a running video not a bash. That's just me though. I would have sent it full speed to land on grass at least 😂

Maybe I just treat my stuff badly, but that video was boring TBH. He was treating it way too nice. To me me personally, that was just a running video not a bash. That's just me though. I would have sent it full speed to land on grass at least 😂
TBF, he already burned up a motor, ripped it from the mount, & broke a driveshaft, among other things. What he's doing is way much more that the few minutes of bashing most do then saying it's an awesome truck. BTW, the way I roll, it'll only survive running in my field. Anything else would have it disassembling itself. In terms of durability, I'll put it right at a stock Kaiju, needing tons of mods just to make it bashable.

But this is the main reason why I never vid anywhere except that controlled field. I like to actually bash instead of focusing on a lame gopro. I move a lot & interact with the rigs when I bash which makes for terrible vids.

Last edited:
I agree 100%. I was sitting here telling the wifey how boring that video was and she agreed too. That was the most light weight skate park video ever 🤣

Agreed…but seriously, you know you would have launched it some 30 feet out of the blue tube 😂 gotta love the blue tube!!

I agree 100%. I was sitting here telling the wifey how boring that video was and she agreed too. That was the most light weight skate park video ever 🤣
Makes for a boring vid, but a fun bash. Similar to how I bah skateparks. Not sending it to the moon every chance to see how fast I can break the truck, but rather running lines, trying to do stunts, rail slides, etc. Just doing back flips over and over till you land bad and break the truck is not a lot of fun IRL. Well, it is fun for a while, but then you have to go home early with a broke truck... LOL

Makes for a boring vid, but a fun bash. Similar to how I bah skateparks. Not sending it to the moon every chance to see how fast I can break the truck, but rather running lines, trying to do stunts, rail slides, etc. Just doing back flips over and over till you land bad and break the truck is not a lot of fun IRL. Well, it is fun for a while, but then you have to go home early with a broke truck... LOL
Yessir, this is why I have no idea if or where any skate parks might be in my area!! Just not my thing, too destructive. I have ramps that I don't even use anymore. Is this a sign I'm getting too old🤔😬🤣🍻

Yessir, this is why I have no idea if or where any skate parks might be in my area!! Just not my thing, too destructive. I have ramps that I don't even use anymore. Is this a sign I'm getting too old🤔😬🤣🍻
I have 3 skate parks & 1 bmx trail park around me. More or less off limits, I can break enough stuff in my backyard or launching off the drainage areas in the normal parks. There's a nice one right around the corner from me, atm. Too bad I have no rigs with me now, I might have to slap one together to stem the boredom. I'm only 30 mins away from a Hobbytown.

hey Arrma, how bout an exb 4s kraton? You can ditch the slipper for a diff, and give it steel cvds!! I know it'll sell at least one!!🤣🤣

Arrma already do one of these it's called the Notorious. Definitely EXB'ed compared with an Outcast 4s even without being an EXB.

I'll admit that I don't do concrete landings, since they do too much damage. But I would use the skatepark as a ramp to land on grass. Hehe.
TBF, he already burned up a motor, ripped it from the mount, & broke a driveshaft, among other things. What he's doing is way much more that the few minutes of bashing most do then saying it's an awesome truck. BTW, the way I roll, it'll only survive running in my field. Anything else would have it disassembling itself. In terms of durability, I'll put it right at a stock Kaiju, needing tons of mods just to make it bashable.

But this is the main reason why I never vid anywhere except that controlled field. I like to actually bash instead of focusing on a lame gopro. I move a lot & interact with the rigs when I bash which makes for terrible vids.
I just put my go pro on my hat with the alligator clip. It doesn't get in the way of my fun.

I have several rigs, 2 I will bash as hard as possible and expect breakages and then I have a couple of others I can still thrash around but drive to survive but still have fun.

Plus now I'm competitive racing that's a whole different set of rigs and fun.

Arrma already do one of these it's called the Notorious. Definitely EXB'ed compared with an Outcast 4s even without being an EXB.
I understand that, and bet it's a great rig too. I like the idea of a 4s truggy that can hit 50mph for under $500. Maxx is a good rig, but too top heavy, and too expensive. Racing truggies are too costly, and as great as the noto is, I don't believe it's gonna do 50mph on 4s? I know, I'm splitting hairs to a degree, but a well built 4s truggy, like this v2, with a few key improvements would be just awesome I think.

Yep I agree with you. They are quite different trucks and I bet they drive a lot differently. My Noto with the high speed gearing on 4s is still pretty quick. On 6s with the same gearing I can run it at 75% and still double backflip it

Yeah, & at $479 its insane. Dump a 20t pinion in it & run 4s all day. But new stuff will still have plenty of hype no matter what problems it have. At least I'm use to the Noto's problems rather than being a beta tester to a platform I'm not fond of.

Yeah, & at $479 its insane. Dump a 20t pinion in it & run 4s all day. But new stuff will still have plenty of hype no matter what problems it have. At least I'm use to the Noto's problems rather than being a beta tester to a platform I'm not fond of.

Totally. The new 4s line looks great and RC Guy had given it a good shakedown with multiple vids. Just watching him wheelie the Outcast and giggle like girl just reminded me of how my Noto wheelies exactly the same on 4s. The wing mount on the 4s looks sturdy though. Wonder if it can be retro fitted to the 6s.

Yep I agree with you. They are quite different trucks and I bet they drive a lot differently. My Noto with the high speed gearing on 4s is still pretty quick. On 6s with the same gearing I can run it at 75% and still double backflip it
I didn't realize the Noto was that cheap to buy! The sale price is quite nice! Maybe I wasn't paying attention since I knew it was short wheelbase, IDK. I do have an MT410,which is great, but not digging the short wheelbase stuff these days myself. Just too wheelie happy for me. ✌

Looking at the v2 4s models, looks as if I could source proper length ceter driveshafts, a center diff seems possible? I mean that gearbox doesn't need to be sealed. 1/8 scale gears are traditionally open(pinion and spur).
Just dreamin out loud here..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back