New Arrma Car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
  2. Voltage
Hello,
I have the Arrma Senton 3S, and I am looking to get a new RC car. I am an intermediate/just a bit beginner at RC Cars. Does anybody have suggestions for a new RC Car from Arrma?

I'd
Hello,
I have the Arrma Senton 3S, and I am looking to get a new RC car. I am an intermediate/just a bit beginner at RC Cars. Does anybody have suggestions for a new RC Car from Arrma?
I'd suggest a 6S model and the most popular is the Kraton. I'd get an EXB and put the stock BLX combo in it. For a servo I'd go with one of the Amazon specials. For a radio is look for either a Spektrum/Futaba if you want one controller for both trucks or a dumbro, etc for a single radio.

If I were buying a new RC today it would be a Typhon 6s for sure. They are small light and tough as nails. Run it on 4S until you get used to it and then upgrade to a 6S and feel what ludicrous mode feels like ??

The problem with the Typhon is that it is limited to the type of terrain it can run on. Is it a good speed rig? Absolutely. It is great on smooth dirt surfaces? Absolutely. But if you try to run it where you typically run a Kraton or Outcast/Notorious it will struggle. That's why I can't recommend it as a first 6S rig.

Thanks, guys!!! Oh yeah I almost forgot, I have only a 2S Dynamite battery for my car, should I get an extra 2S battery or a Spektrum or Dynamte 3s battery?

I want to go faster and do backflips and wheelies. I usually drive outside my house on the street or at the two neighborhood parks. I drive on both rough and smooth grounds. I have a large amount of space at one of the parks and medium space on the street outside my house.

I want to go faster and do backflips and wheelies. I usually drive outside my house on the street or at the two neighborhood parks. I drive on both rough and smooth grounds. I have a large amount of space at one of the parks and medium space on the street outside my house.
Well if that’s the case, definitely go with the Outcast/ Notorious.

Toss up between Kraton and OC/Noto. Kraton would allow faster top speeds. OC/Noto would do more flips.

Kraton EXB Roller
Start with the 3s/4s system and upgrade to 6s when you feel comfortable.
All you will need to do is swap out with something like this.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-blx185-brushless-6s-esc-ic5-ara390211ic/p967255
https://www.amainhobbies.com/arrma-blx-4074-4pole-6s-brushless-motor-2050kv-ara390205/p635676
FYI-
I own the Senton 3s BLX and I'm, a newbie. I'm about 2 1/2 months into this addiction and just set up my Kraton EXB. Ran into a few issues since I'm new but finally have it all sorted out. I did a test run with my 4s battery and I'm in love. :)

I think since you have a 3s senton already then a stunt truck might be a better choice for a next rig, especially since your goal is to do more crazy jumps and wheelies etc.

So my vote is Outcast/Notorious for pure stunting or Kraton for more of a balance between stunt/off-road speed driving. If Kraton the best would be the EXB but only if you are comfortable working on these trucks in depth with your own hands. If you're apprehensive then stick to a RTR version and break things and get more comfortable fixing/upgrading over time.

Going back to the 6s Typhon, it's a great all rounder but if you want to go truggy/true stunt basher with it you'll have to invest a bit more on some aftermarket stuff to really make it come alive like that.

@suchtragedy, is so on the spot. Great advice and overall description.

I purchased my Senton 3s BLX (first RC) after weeks of research and knowing exactly what I wanted to do in terms of driving style, terrain, upgrades, and more. I love racing and I love suspension work. I then considered the Roller for several reasons. I actually like getting my hands greasy. And guess what, I cursed all the way to completion. There were several things I did wrong but at the end of the day, I would never reverse the decision or consider the educational experience a waste of time. Sure, now own a Dremel and a screw extractor. Sure I have cuts in my arms and too many cocktails because I was so pissed off. But, man when I blasted the thing across a desert-like terrain I'm grinning ear to ear.

MY STORY!

Thanks! Also, can the Senton 3S do backflips and wheelies?
Not with the stock setup. You can put bigger tires on it to get it to flip, but that requires a smaller pinion and trimming the body to get them to fit. The smaller pinion is to keep the motor and ESC from overheating.

The problem with the Typhon is that it is limited to the type of terrain it can run on. Is it a good speed rig? Absolutely. It is great on smooth dirt surfaces? Absolutely. But if you try to run it where you typically run a Kraton or Outcast/Notorious it will struggle. That's why I can't recommend it as a first 6S rig.

Agreed.

Since the Typhon was built on Team Durango's platform its leftover racing heritage makes it to low to run quick on cretin terrain.

I agree with the suggestion of the Kraton.
If you haven't tried out a short wheel base monster truck like the Granite and the Outcast/Notorious. They can do 'tricks' much easier than others in their line up but man SWB has to be your thing. Their twitchy on runs and because of the short wheel base the torque will make them wheel hard if you're not good with the throttle.

The Kraton 6S is probably the best all around car that Arrma has. Being a Monster Truggy its drives on all terrains because of the wide stance and ground clearance, longer wheel base. It can do jumps just fine and 'tricks.'

Since the OP said their new I suggest just getting normal Kraton 6S but if you want to tackle the next step up and you're down to buying Electronics for it, get the EXB Roller.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back