New Rlaarlo road car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're right everything is not correct. Does this help?
View attachment 326429
that’s funny lol.
He’s right tho, my everything shared statement probably over stated. But seeing how they collect and use the same parts throughout their cars are funny, shared assembly of doors on both Subaru and Toyota, latches identical and handle assemblies the same just catered toward each vehicle, electrical connectors all from the same provider,
I’ve even seen the last Scion models off the assembly lines that were made come in and were Mazdas under the hood, even the same engine cover with a Scion badge instead, Mazda composite core support, but mazda printed all over the mechanical parts.
I can only assume Toyota made a deal with Mazda to use the shells as their new small compact cars, but we see this all the time when you work on enough vehicles for 20+ years
I have one of these. I set the steering trim and dual-rate was able to drive 65mph in a straight line down the street. No other changes. To me, that is “stable out of the box”.

JayTeeRC just released a video and says the dual motor is available in some versions. Check out those prices though:

None of these guys have tested the dual motor cars yet, I know the company did their own testing of one model/ not sure which motor setup but they achieved 95 mph, so I’m looking forward to what I can do with the stock 3s setup.
Single motor 3s capability imagine what I can do with a dual
IMG_6854.jpeg

IMG_6847.png

None of these guys have tested the dual motor cars yet, I know the company did their own testing of one model/ not sure which motor setup but they achieved 95 mph, so I’m looking forward to what I can do with the stock 3s setup.

I have the parts, I just have too many other projects and videos in the pipeline to do it.

I have the parts, I just have too many other projects and videos in the pipeline to do it.
Same here, I received a bunch of the parts recently just waiting on the cars to come but I’m going to start assembling a dual tp motor dual on a custom chassis I had made that’s coming next week
IMG_6918.jpeg

IMG_6925.png

I would buy the $199.00 carbon roller and do my own electronics. I almost did. Price is in line at that point to finish it based on your goals. If they could fit 40xx motors. Which they can’t. So….??? People will drop $800.00+ on a car to break records that only accommodates 36mm motors? Not me, bro.

It’s cool they’re listening. But that said, in regard to the new AK-787, why in the world didn’t they very slightly tweak the motor mounts (which they redesigned anyway, obviously, for dual motor configuration) to accommodate a 40/42mm can? Had they done that, I’d have one on the way already. I passed, and largely because of that. Their decision not to do this really makes no sense, especially after seeing what people did with the AK-917 in the Speed Run Challenge. It seems they want to break records and put their cars on the map, but do they really think they can do that with 36mm motors? Nope. Come on, Rlaarlo. At the very least make a bolt-on option part to accommodate the motors that simply everyone is running.
But they can fit a 40mm motor, In fact, my 1512 measures 42mm wide and i can still fit a shim between it and the chassis. Just flipped the adjustable motor mount and extended the screws to the opposite end. This way, it sits higher when inserted upside down, and with the new tapped holes, you are good as gold. We know this, yes???

Not 100% correct at all.
You are making an assumption about "everything" there.
You need to qualify your statement better.
Both Collison and Toyota Dealer Tech here for years myself.
🤔Worked on Toyota s and Subarus for 18 years ,never saw anything the same on both with any model.. totally different . exactly what models share what components?

🤔Worked on Toyota s and Subarus for 18 years ,never saw anything the same on both with any model.. totally different . exactly what models share what components?
I believe that partner ship is more-so about recent models over the last 5 years.

One very good example is the Toyota GT86 / Scion FR-S / Subaru BRZ

One very good example is the Toyota GT86 / Scion FR-S / Suba
I believe that partner ship is more-so about recent models over the last 5 years.

One very good example is the Toyota GT86 / Scion FR-S / Subaru BRZ
Yeah I just googled it it's a merge between both companies,most due to Subaru needing Toyotas electric hybrid tech.they been working with each other since 2020 .But Subaru will still be Subaru and Toyota remains the same .just like Lexus and scion are basically Toyotas and share many similar parts..like infinity and Nissan share parts .I know for a fact earlier models from Toyota and Subaru do not share parts..

One very good example is the Toyota GT86 / Scion FR-S / Suba
Yeah I just googled it it's a merge between both companies,most due to Subaru needing Toyotas electric hybrid tech.they been working with each other since 2020 .But Subaru will still be Subaru and Toyota remains the same .just like Lexus and scion are basically Toyotas and share many similar parts..like infinity and Nissan share parts .I know for a fact earlier models from Toyota and Subaru do not share parts..
Yeah it seems like that partnership is growing and as time goes on the sharing increases.

In the past 10+ years Subaru has joined with Toyota. Basically the engine and drivetrains with "some" Models. Started with some US Scion's having the Subaru Boxer 4 banger engines. GM was sharing the Toyota Corolla platform for many years back as well. Because GM had a hard time meeting CAFE Laws and needed an EPA friendly line up to meet CAFE rules or get fined on every single unit produced.
Toyota's infamous Supra engine is found in a few sought after BMW's these days. FWIW. Subaru is a very successful small Company. Always Showing a profit for years and years. But their production numbers are very minute compared to Toyota world wide. Toyota has partnered to some extent with almost every other mfr. over the years. Sharing production line technology and engine designs. Even with M.B. Yamaha designed Engines find their way into to some Toyota's as well. Mostly Toyota's Hybrid Atkinson cycle engines assisted with Electric motors.. Standard ICE engines are Otto cycle. And have a broader power band.
Toyota produces the most Cars in the world, almost every single year holding that lead. Neck in neck with Honda. Nissan and Hyundai as of late, come a distant 3rd and 4th place globally.

Sorry to hijack the OP's thread here.
Edited.
:cool:

Last edited:
In the past 10+ years Subaru has joined with Toyota. Basically the engine and drivetrains with "some" Models. Started with some US Scion's having the Subaru Boxer 4 banger engines. GM was sharing the Toyota Corolla platform for many years back as well. Because GM had a hard time meeting CAFE Laws and needed an EPA friendly line up to meet CAFE rules or get fined on every single unit produced.
Toyota's infamous Supra engine is found in a few sought after BMW's these days. FWIW. Subaru is a very successful small Company. Always Showing a profit for years and years. But their production numbers are very minute compared to Toyota world wide. Toyota has partnered to some extent with almost every other mfr. over the years. Sharing production line technology and engine designs. Even with M.B. Yamaha designed Engines find their way into to some Toyota's as well. Mostly Toyota's Hybrid Atkinson cycle engines assisted with Electric motors.. Standard ICE engines are Otto cycle. And have a broader power band.
Toyota produces the most Cars in the world, almost every single year holding that lead. Neck in neck with Honda. Nissan and Hyundai as of late, come a distant 3rd and 4th place globally.

Sorry to hijack the OP's thread here.
Edited.
:cool:
thanks

What do you guys think about the "plus" version upgrade? Looks like it's mainly CNC part upgrades? (Didn't spot any other obvious differences)

Worth it for the extra mass and possible extra strength or pointless bling?!

What do you guys think about the "plus" version upgrade? Looks like it's mainly CNC part upgrades? (Didn't spot any other obvious differences)

Worth it for the extra mass and possible extra strength or pointless bling?!
The extra parts are nice but not necessary.
The main upgrades my fastest ak917’s got were the aluminum hubs. I think price wise it is a little better deal to get the plus versions however and they come with the new upgraded f series motors they released
The main upgrades my fastest ak917’s got were the aluminum hubs. I think price wise it is a little better deal to get the plus versions however and they come with the new upgraded f series motors they released
IMG_7344.jpeg

View attachment 331289
Good stuff - I really like the orange anodised look too.

What do you think about the two motor choices?

1699713401393.png

Good stuff - I really like the orange anodised look too.

What do you think about the two motor choices?

View attachment 331303
The 3900kv are performing very good so far. It’s a larger motor and has more power. 116 on 3s so far with a spur gear change.

The 3900kv are performing very good so far. It’s a larger motor and has more power. 116 on 3s so far with a spur gear change.
How would you expect a 3660 3900kv like that to perform against Castle’s 3660 6400kv?

I’m curious if the huge price difference is justified.

View attachment 331289
The rear aluminum arms are not going to help for durability. I've still got the plastic ones and the "metal" turnbuckle is what breaks first. It does look nice though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back