Infraction New Arrma Limitless and Infraction RC's!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That motor won't run on 8s.
Model: LBP4082-B/1.5Y
Max Amps: 140A
Lipo Cell: 5-6s
Max Power: 3500W
KV(RPM/Volt): 2200
Resistance: 0.006
No-load Current (7.4v): 3.9A
Diameter×Length (mm): Φ39.8×82
Mounting hole depth: 7mm
Length of extend Shaft : 20mm
Shaft Diameter (mm): Φ5.0
Weight: 485g

Warning: Operating the motor outside of the specifications listed above can either damage the motor, battery or esc. It is important that these components are set up properly. Failure to do so can void the warranty. It is strongly encouraged to use a Watt Meter to test the watt and amp performance when setting up a new system. If the output is above the factory recommended specs, then it needs to be adjusted by the esc. The timing and throttle settings on the esc can help to set the appropriate levels.

what about this leopard brushless motor 5892

My limitless arrived yesterday! Just ordered a new max6 esc. And have a 4274SL motor from a max8 combo laying about. I'm going to use 6s at the beginning, but thinking about going to 8s in the future. Does anyone know what motor would be the best to go with the max6 on 8s, IF it's even possible?

It will run on 8s yes but will it fit is the other question.

Why not check limitless videos on YouTube and see what motors those guys are running and buy one of them.

It will run on 8s yes but will it fit is the other question.

Why not check limitless videos on YouTube and see what motors those guys are running and buy one of them.

the problem with that is i cant find videos where they use they're limitless on 8s so all the motors they use are only up to 6s

by the way guys could you tell me what amount of Kv i should be using for this 8s setup (possibly 12s in the future hehe)

by the way guys could you tell me what amount of Kv i should be using for this 8s setup (possibly 12s in the future hehe)

Class session is in. Sit down please:

When motors are rated they are looking at peak rpms. For 90% of the motors out there the max rpm is 60k (yes there are higher ones)
Take a familiar motor KV like 2000kv as an example (often used on 6s)
Next take a traditional LiPo cell fully charged is 4.2 volts
8 cell setup = 8cells * 4.2volts = 33.6V

volts * KV = Motor rpm
33.6v * 2000kv = 67,200 rpm (un-loaded)

For this reason most 8s motors will be rated in the 1400-1800 KV range.
12s tends to be in the 800 - 1400 KV range.

TP Power's CM series is higher KV for a specific cell count than "average" because they rate those CM series to a higher rpm. Over spinning a motor can results in the internal components coming apart. Kevlar bands, neodymium magnets, and high quality bearings help allow them to go into higher rpms. Regardless higher KV motors will pull more amps, stress the ESC, and generate more heat.

Now will your RC's motor ever reach peak rpms? Probably not.... with large gears it rarely happens unless it goes up in the air while holding full throttle or you get some major wheel spin scenario.

-Liberty

Class session is in. Sit down please:

When motors are rated they are looking at peak rpms. For 90% of the motors out there the max rpm is 60k (yes there are higher ones)
Take a familiar motor KV like 2000kv as an example (often used on 6s)
Next take a traditional LiPo cell fully charged is 4.2 volts
8 cell setup = 8cells * 4.2volts = 33.6V

volts * KV = Motor rpm
33.6v * 2000kv = 67,200 rpm (un-loaded)

For this reason most 8s motors will be rated in the 1400-1800 KV range.
12s tends to be in the 800 - 1400 KV range.

TP Power's CM series is higher KV for a specific cell count than "average" because they rate those CM series to a higher rpm. Over spinning a motor can results in the internal components coming apart. Kevlar bands, neodymium magnets, and high quality bearings help allow them to go into higher rpms. Regardless higher KV motors will pull more amps, stress the ESC, and generate more heat.

Now will your RC's motor ever reach peak rpms? Probably not.... with large gears it rarely happens unless it goes up in the air while holding full throttle or you get some major wheel spin scenario.

-Liberty

thanks so much for your help i now truly understand what Kv is.i was wondering if ishould go for 12s because a few people have already done 8s so i think i should upgrade to 12s to try somthing "never done before (suspence wow)" do you think there would be any problems with the limitless not including electronics.

thanks so much for your help i now truly understand what Kv is.i was wondering if ishould go for 12s because a few people have already done 8s so i think i should upgrade to 12s to try somthing "never done before (suspence wow)" do you think there would be any problems with the limitless not including electronics.
Like you I believe no one has done 12s yet so you would be venturing into unknown territory. I can tell you the Limitless has space limitations for the motor size and ESC size. Thus the reason I am building the Limitless "Unlimited" project for 12s use. (spoiler)

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/libertys-unlimited-dream-speed-build.11932/page-4

-Liberty

I think it’s a novel idea, but maybe you want to take baby steps and try 6S, then 8S, before you go 12S. Best of luck ??

I don't know about fittings.

Anyway
I have 8 different Leopard Motors.
Smal 1/18 both rwd and 4wd
1/10 4wd buggy
1/10 drift and fast touring cars
Also RC Boat. 42size 6s

I love Leopard Motors alot.
Soon i have Access to Custom Made Leopard Motors also.
YES
They build if you ask !
You need only order atleast 10pc of same build

I will try couple of the new ones 2019 soon
And also couple custom made Leopards after

So long, today, about 10years time with Leopard.
I have never any problem.
They are Serious !

WAS
at least.
I can talk more about the new ones about 5-6 weeks

Need push them hard alot times , before i say anything about these new

Like you I believe no one has done 12s yet so you would be venturing into unknown territory. I can tell you the Limitless has space limitations for the motor size and ESC size. Thus the reason I am building the Limitless "Unlimited" project for 12s use. (spoiler)

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/libertys-unlimited-dream-speed-build.11932/page-4

-Liberty

i think ill try to use 12s on the standard car and access the problems and fix them from there plus getting 12s eletronics and the car aaand the carbon upgrades ect. will be a bit out of me buget also what wrire would 12s use.

Last edited:
i think ill try to use 12s on the standard car and access the problems and fix them from there plus getting 12s eletronics and the car aaand the carbon upgrades ect. will be a bit out of me buget also what wrire would 12s use.
8awg as a minimum.

A MAX6 ain't going to cut it. Believe me, I have 2 new ones sitting in their box. They will work for general bashing, but if you're looking for speed, no way.
Don't most speedrun guys use Castle XLX?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back