Kraton New brushless motor I keep blowing my motors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it's already been said but I can't help but wonder out loud a little...what made you think that the combination of stock timing (which is a doozy at 22.5°) and the speed pinion was a realistic proposition for continuous full throttle operation? And how did you not draw conclusions from the first melted motor, then go on to melt two more (one of which didn't even last one full battery charge before giving up the ghost) and now you're here asking if a different motor is the answer? My apologies for coming off like a Richard, it's really not my intent...I just don't understand how you keep on doing the same thing expecting different results the next time around. I mean...I assume your speed gear had the warning note in the bag like the rest of ours. Did you just think they were exaggerating or that it was a joke? Sorry, I just don't get it. :)

@Xpress..
its hard to drop down stock gearing any further than it is?:unsure:

Does anyone here know what motor Timing their Firma 150 is set to?
Or even know what timing is?
Out the box default is set to 22.5 degrees. A bit high for my liking out the gate.
Look over the manual well. Learn your equipment better.
:cool:
Hello guys, I keep melting my motors on my kraton 6s blx v5. I need an advice. I already tried various types of gearing and timings. I melted 3 engines already. I installed a brand new one yesterday and lasted only one ride lol (with a heatsink and 2 fans, my car was sounding like a drone). Here in my town is very hot, about 30c (86f). And I always push the car to the limit. I'm thinking in buying one of these: Hobbywing EzRun 4274-SL-2200KV

Is it better then the original? And the stock ESC can handle it?

And I need an advice for the diff oil. Front and back 30w and middle 1000w, correct?

Man, I can't have a break from this car, always breaking something lol
If you push your motors hard like you state, maybe you need to start to open up, clean out, and lube the BB's, maintaining your motors better. Replace BB's with Ceramic Motor spec'ed ones when the stockers wear out. Failing to catch a worn set of motor BB' will fry a motor real fast. Will ruin the armatuure in a heartbeat. And the stocker BB's wear out quick. They come barely lubed or dry in many cases when new. I open up all my new Motors, first thing. BLX motors should last for years if maintained properly.
Upgrading will not necessarily help in your case. Preventive maintenance will.
:cool:

Last edited:
Hello guys. I'm buying one X-Team XTI 4082 2000KV 140A motor. The stock FIRMA 150A ESC can handle it, right? Using the stock lower gearing with heatsing and timing down to 0

https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/1005002648940160.html?pdp_npi=2@dis!BRL!R$ 363,72!R$ 243,67!!!!!@2101c84f16732512182954294e9b27!12000021549825867!btf&_t=pvid:569cd2ee-d184-4bba-accb-24b5a7072000&afTraceInfo=1005002648940160__pc__pcBridgePPC__xxxxxx__1673251218&spm=a2g0o.ppclist.product.mainProduct&gatewayAdapt=glo2bra
FYI @joaokrm . Arrma only use motors not engines. Engines run on combustion and motors run on electricity.
Thank you. You changed my life
This thread is hilarious.
I was high when writing it
I know it's already been said but I can't help but wonder out loud a little...what made you think that the combination of stock timing (which is a doozy at 22.5°) and the speed pinion was a realistic proposition for continuous full throttle operation? And how did you not draw conclusions from the first melted motor, then go on to melt two more (one of which didn't even last one full battery charge before giving up the ghost) and now you're here asking if a different motor is the answer? My apologies for coming off like a Richard, it's really not my intent...I just don't understand how you keep on doing the same thing expecting different results the next time around. I mean...I assume your speed gear had the warning note in the bag like the rest of ours. Did you just think they were exaggerating or that it was a joke? Sorry, I just don't get it. :)
idk man, i just install motors and gearings and click buttons listening to randon noises on esc and go full throttle after all

Last edited:
idk man, i just install motors and gearings and click buttons listening to randon noises on esc and go full throttle after all

I JUST WANT TO RIDE MY KRATON 3 TIMES WITHOUT MELTING A """""""""MOTOR"""""""
Well...that definitely answers my question. :LOL:

Hello guys. I'm buying one X-Team XTI 4082 2000KV 140A motor. The stock FIRMA 150A ESC can handle it, right? Using the stock lower gearing with heatsing and timing down to 0

https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/1005002648940160.html?pdp_npi=2@dis!BRL!R$ 363,72!R$ 243,67!!!!!@2101c84f16732512182954294e9b27!12000021549825867!btf&_t=pvid:569cd2ee-d184-4bba-accb-24b5a7072000&afTraceInfo=1005002648940160__pc__pcBridgePPC__xxxxxx__1673251218&spm=a2g0o.ppclist.product.mainProduct&gatewayAdapt=glo2bra

Thank you. You changed my life

I was high when writing it

Subbed for entertainment value.

Hello guys, it’s me, the MoToR BloWeR

New setup

X-Team Motor 4082 2000kv stock esc with stock lower gearing

Let’s see how many seconds this MoToR will last, or should I say, ENGINE?????? CHILL GUYS!!!! I KNOW ITS MOTORRRRR

339B55BB-9D65-4154-A9A8-DB6FD8288BAA.jpeg

1DA0B7C7-2895-485C-8031-1BA8D0463C84.jpeg

7DA6D860-F46D-4E70-94E1-149A5AC3AC40.jpeg

So many things to say but I think you are right... Just sit back and laugh at the ridiculousness 🤣
Why are you so meannn? :(
Why do you want to add timing to your car?
Why not??? I want to see FIREEEE

Last edited:
Well straight off the bat you choose wrong and are going to blow it!!! :ROFLMAO: Am I surprised!! NOOOOOOO
Seriously, why? Im really sad rn lol.. it says that is rating for 140a.. Why was that a wrong choice? And what you think that will blow? Esc or motor?

I will setup correctly, timing down to 0, lower gearing, easy on throttle, checking temps every 5 mins..

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back