Kraton New ESC just blinking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

everest4

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I recently installed a new BLX 185 ESC on my Kraton and it keeps flashing red very rapidly. I did bind the radio but just the steering works with no throttle response. I also made sure i was using freshly charged packs. Ideas anyone?

have you followed the programming guide starting on page 27 of the manual? You have to set your throttle end points.

And to confirm, make sure you do this with the wheels off or motor disconnected or the unit secured with wheels off the ground so it doesn't take off by accident.

throttle trim on transmitter needs turning one way or the other

have you followed the programming guide starting on page 27 of the manual? You have to set your throttle end points.

And to confirm, make sure you do this with the wheels off or motor disconnected or the unit secured with wheels off the ground so it doesn't take off by accident.

Thank-you, never set up a new esc before. I'll try that later today and will let you know if it worked.

if using the stock transmitter the throttle trim needs to be in the center.

FYI randomly moving that throttle trim is what will get your truck to take off on its own :)

You have to set the center/brake, full throttle, & full reverse programming between the ESC & transmitter. You have to do this for every Hobbywing ESC.

It would also be a good idea to remove the pinion off the motor if you can't get the car off the ground.

Make sure the throttle dual rate is centered on the transmitter
Turn on the transmitter
  1. Hold down the "SET" button (it's the small button above the power switch)
  2. Turn on the car
  3. The ESC will start beeping
  4. Release the "SET" button
  5. Quickly hold the transmitter, leaving the throttle trigger centered (do NOT move it)
  6. Press the "SET" button once, The ESC will beep once.
    *You have to do steps 2-6 within 8 seconds (or 8 beeps) or the ESC will enter programming mode. If this happens, turn the car off & start over
  7. Pull the throttle trigger to full throttle (towards you)
  8. Press the "SET" button once, The ESC will beep twice.
  9. Push the throttle trigger to full reverse (away from you)
  10. Press the "SET" button once, The ESC will beep three times
Depending on what model you have, the ESC will beep once, twice or flash green while beeping afterwards to tell that you did it right. It should be ready after you hear/see the confirmation.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back