New Traxxas truggy????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aww man you should have got a body during the recent sale. I think they were like 20% off, I wonder if it's still going on? I think it ended on traxxas.com but then amain had the same sale shortly after.

Aww man you should have got a body during the recent sale. I think they were like 20% off, I wonder if it's still going on? I think it ended on traxxas.com but then amain had the same sale shortly after.
I knew about it, just can't swing it right now..real world (1:1) problems, LOL.

I got those 2 xrt prographic bodies. Bought some black shock covers to hide the wifey red shocks and going to paint her body some type of pink haha.

I knew about it, just can't swing it right now..real world (1:1) problems, LOL.
I feel you bro. I just took out a loan to pay for my dentalcation and it's going to be a pain paying it off and refraining from ordering more rc stuff. I really shouldn't have even got that asuga tbh. :ROFLMAO: :eek:

Maybe I am late to the party on this one but has Vitavon always sold just the spur shaft (cush drive) a la carte so to speak? Every time I have seen it advertised for sale its with the Mod 1.5 gears included.

https://www.vitavon-racing.com/maxx...rtonly-for-vitavon-1-5-mod-gear-set-products/

1678311425244.png

Maybe I am late to the party on this one but has Vitavon always sold just the spur shaft (cush drive) a la carte so to speak? Every time I have seen it advertised for sale its with the Mod 1.5 gears included.

https://www.vitavon-racing.com/maxx...rtonly-for-vitavon-1-5-mod-gear-set-products/

View attachment 283945
It's the v2 spur shaft. The bearing is much bigger than the ridiculously undersized v1 I was getting a couple of packs from. I've got the updated shaft on the way with a load of other goodies

It's the v2 spur shaft. The bearing is much bigger than the ridiculously undersized v1 I was getting a couple of packs from. I've got the updated shaft on the way with a load of other goodies
Appreciate that information. I was noticing it said only for the Vitavon MOD 1.5 gear set. Is there something specific about those gears that will only work with that spur shaft?

Any one do this yet ? It snapped mid air. I was waiting a little before I bought drive cup sleeves… guess I should have bought them.

View attachment 283318
Nope. Are you using the stock motor? I know that the bigger can motors snap that easily. At least it's very easy to remove and replace.

Nope. Are you using the stock motor? I know that the bigger can motors snap that easily. At least it's very easy to remove and replace.
Man thats one thing traxxas did right for sure. I love how easy it is to replace outdrives and bearings.

Amen to that! The TRX diffs are a godsend in terms of maintenance compared with other brands..broken drive cup? 5 minute fix on an 8s TRX!!

Welp, took the new ramp out to the park with the xmaxx and my talion xl. Expensive ass ramp didn't even last 1 session before the arms bent from the xmaxx. I'm mad AF tbh, considering how expensive this ramp was I expected it to hold up better. They also don't warn you against using 1/6th scale rigs or anything so yea. Definitely wouldn't recommend it for bigger rigs.

If the arms were metal it would probably be a lot better.

20230309_165753.jpg

Basically all 3 arms look like that now.

On the bright side, the xmaxx was actually amazing and super fun with the ramp.

First time with the xmaxx on a ramp!

Welp, took the new ramp out to the park with the xmaxx and my talion xl. Expensive ass ramp didn't even last 1 session before the arms bent from the xmaxx. I'm mad AF tbh, considering how expensive this ramp was I expected it to hold up better. They also don't warn you against using 1/6th scale rigs or anything so yea. Definitely wouldn't recommend it for bigger rigs.

If the arms were metal it would probably be a lot better.

View attachment 284202

Basically all 3 arms look like that now.

On the bright side, the xmaxx was actually amazing and super fun with the ramp.
Well that sucks bro. Sorry to hear bout the ramp deficiencies.. but glad the Xmaxx put a smile on your face👍

Maybe you can use some alternative material to fab some new legs? Aluminum angle could work lightweight for the strength it offers too.. Got any tools or buds that can help ya? Use the originals as templates..

Well that sucks bro. Sorry to hear bout the ramp deficiencies.. but glad the Xmaxx put a smile on your face👍

Maybe you can use some alternative material to fab some new legs? Aluminum angle could work lightweight for the strength it offers too.. Got any tools or buds that can help ya? Use the originals as templates..
I don't but I was tossing the idea around in my head to maybe try and bolt on a carbon fiber piece to the side of each arm. People around here had me terrified of trying to cut carbon fiber though >.>

I don't but I was tossing the idea around in my head to maybe try and bolt on a carbon fiber piece to the side of each arm. People around here had me terrified of trying to cut carbon fiber though >.>
I wouldn't be shy. Do it outside, preferably with a breeze..you be aright😉🥴🤪🍻

Finally got to go bash at the bmx spot for first time in 3 months. It was glorious and we ended up killing the bellcrank on both xrt 02 and 03 lol. My kraton 8s ended up with the front half of the truck hanging off the chassis. I think the chassis might be tweaked just a little bit and it's probably fixable but I think i'm just going to go ahead and get the m2c chassis now so I can not worry about it anymore.

Felt great to jump again though. The wifey had some really good jumps with her xrt but she had some scary concrete landings too :ROFLMAO: Some of the teachers from the school across the street brought an army of kids to watch us towards the end. It was crazy seeing like 50 kids just running up to the spot all screaming. I bout had a heart attack! they were so cute though. You know when you have an audience it makes you go a lil harder so I tried to put on a show, did some cool flips with the xrt right before I broke the bellcrank. They all screamed thank you as they retreated back to their caves. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back