New Traxxas truggy????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woo!! Nice bash!!😁🍻
Thanks!!
What are you sponsoring Hobbywing and TP now? Love the kids cheering lol.
I wish, TP should definitely sponsor me though. I fully believe I own more TP motors than anyone else on this forum. I almost felt good about that until I looked at my purchase history and added up the numbers :eek: :eek: :eek: :ROFLMAO:

The kids cheering was great, I'm a rather shy introverted person so lowkey it freaked me out at first but it's easy to get lost in the sauce when you hear all those cheers! probably why the truck broke :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Finally got a scale to weigh my RCs. With all the upgrades my X Maxx is only 4.525lbs heavier than stock without batteries. Not all that bad if you ask me. The thing I find really odd is that going from the stock X Maxx tires to the Duratrax Six Pack X only added 1.2lbs (1.3375 vs 1.6375 per tire).

Last edited:
Man I really hate these m2c bellcranks.

It just sucks, I'm sure I'm not installing it wrong either. I don't know why but my steering gets worse after I install it. IT's something with the servo saver. I don't know why I don't see anyone else complaining about it though. That makes me think I'm doing something wrong but I've watched the install video 10 times and I'm positive I'm doing it right.

It just sucks, I'm sure I'm not installing it wrong either. I don't know why but my steering gets worse after I install it. IT's something with the servo saver. I don't know why I don't see anyone else complaining about it though. That makes me think I'm doing something wrong but I've watched the install video 10 times and I'm positive I'm doing it right.
Google Traxxas XRT exploded view. That should help somewhat as to the orientation and such. Helped me out when trying to figure the easiest way to get the center diff out of my X Maxx.

Google Traxxas XRT exploded view. That should help somewhat as to the orientation and such. Helped me out when trying to figure the easiest way to get the center diff out of my X Maxx.
I'm not doing it wrong, The only thing I could possibly be getting wrong is how tight I'm supposed to make that screw into the servo saver. The one some people make longer and add a nut to as a mod? I copied the exact tightness of how it was stock so I don't even know how that could be wrong. I should take a video of it

I'm not doing it wrong, The only thing I could possibly be getting wrong is how tight I'm supposed to make that screw into the servo saver. The one some people make longer and add a nut to as a mod? I copied the exact tightness of how it was stock so I don't even know how that could be wrong. I should take a video of it
As long as you have a really strong servo in there I'd tighten the saver all the way then back off 1/2 to 1 full turn. Personally I'm at 2 full turns after testing 3/4 turn just because I'm more cautious and because $160 for a servo is a lot to me.

I broke the first m2c bellcrank by "over tightening" it apparently. Now they have a warning on their site to not do it and to not use the upgraded servo saver spring. WTF? Look at how horrible it is in the video. My wheels will barely even turn on the carpet. It's just like that on the street too. Only place I can turn the tires is on my smooth floor.

I broke the first m2c bellcrank by "over tightening" it apparently. Now they have a warning on their site to not do it and to not use the upgraded servo saver spring. WTF? Look at how horrible it is in the video. My wheels will barely even turn on the carpet. It's just like that on the street too. Only place I can turn the tires is on my smooth floor.
I hope you're talking about the pivot screws because that servo saver is way too loose. You should only see at most 1mm of separation.

I hope you're talking about the pivot screws because that servo saver is way too loose. You should only see at most 1mm of separation.
Welp, I guess I could just yolo and try to tighten it more. I'm sure it's going to break but I already ordered 2 vitavon bellcranks so f it.

This was really cool lol

Got home from holiday to a few packages :D

tempImage3IGtFH.jpg

So the X and Outcast can go back together. Just waiting on some Vitavon bits to turn up and I can fix the XRT

I wish vitavon had a real US distributor. I know rcjuice has a few things but they have zero XRT stuff and exocaged has a few things but most is always sold out. Only option is to wait 3 weeks from china.

Are we talking about the "ear" that is molded into the shock tower where the upper hinge pin passes through breaking? If so, I broke one about 6 months ago..kept on driving with seemingly no adverse effects 🤷‍♂️

Yeah the little "ears" seem like a common breakpoint. I hadn't noticed until I was getting the truck ready for all the goodies coming this week.

On a plus, Traxxas already shipped the front upper replacements that originally had a May ship date! Waiting on confirmation for the rear part number so I can try to beef them up a little.

I wish vitavon had a real US distributor. I know rcjuice has a few things but they have zero XRT stuff and exocaged has a few things but most is always sold out. Only option is to wait 3 weeks from china.
Agreed! I originally had an cart with Vitavon direct, until I saw it all ships from China. So I ordered from their ebay store which had a 2 week earlier ETA. Only to get a tracking number coming from China 🙄

20230314_190251.jpg

20230314_190316.jpg

Yeah the little "ears" seem like a common breakpoint. I hadn't noticed until I was getting the truck ready for all the goodies coming this week.

On a plus, Traxxas already shipped the front upper replacements that originally had a May ship date! Waiting on confirmation for the rear part number so I can try to beef them up a little.

Agreed! I originally had an cart with Vitavon direct, until I saw it all ships from China. So I ordered from their ebay store which had a 2 week earlier ETA. Only to get a tracking number coming from China 🙄

View attachment 285430

View attachment 285431
Yep that same spot is broken on all 3 of our xrt's haha.

Back