New Traxxas truggy????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw this too. Looks great but, can't judge unless in my hands. Sure the reviews will be streaming in. I'll wait.

Why does it seem like traxxas just doesn't want people to change anything in their rigs? First the sledge and now this XRT. I keep looking at the electronic setup and it doesn't seem like you can put a bigger motor in there. There is like no wiggle room with the way they have the motor and esc mounted.

I don't even think you can fit anything longer than 85mm in that motor location. Shame too because it actually looks great.

Wish they made an all black one, or black and dark grey.
That’s for the special edition that comes out! Silly silly 😂🤣😂🤣
If I didn't already have a k8s and o8s this might be my first traxxas. I already don't pull those trucks out enough though.
Aka: I gotta wait just a little bit longer before I give out… 😂🤣😂
What I want to know is... Does it have a center diff ???? 🤔
SBG has a video of it running..

Love it already.

Last edited:
WTF is cush drive..?? 🤪
Here is the Losi LMT cush drive. Helps with deivetrain shock/jolts

Screenshot_20221027-064844_Chrome.jpg

This doesn't look anything like I was expecting. Is it just me or is this basically a LCG XMaxx?
Has about an inch wider wheelbase than the xmaxx.

This doesn't look anything like I was expecting. Is it just me or is this basically a LCG XMaxx?
Which sounds like a good thing IMO. Thankfully it's not an upscaled sludge.
That’s for the special edition that comes out! Silly silly
Yup..that'll be the xrt "midnight " special edition..with limited edition xmas ornament OR key chain..but not both..special edition will only cost $299.99 more..
WTF is cush drive..?? 🤪
It's what companies like TRX use to prevent the chinesium gears from failing 🤣🤣
It's basically stiff rubber between the spur and the mounting holes, to give a tiny bit of flex and reduce drivetrain jolt. Motorcycles have them too.
I believe with motorcycles it's to reduce vibration from the chain drive..

Last edited:
Why does it seem like traxxas just doesn't want people to change anything in their rigs? First the sledge and now this XRT. I keep looking at the electronic setup and it doesn't seem like you can put a bigger motor in there. There is like no wiggle room with the way they have the motor and esc mounted.

I don't even think you can fit anything longer than 85mm in that motor location. Shame too because it actually looks great.
IMO, TRX doesn't leave any overhead in their rigs, the drivetrain tends to be at its limits right out of the box. They're generally very well engineered, unfortunately profit and market share is all they really want. As does most any business, HH is trying so hard to be TRX, we might as well start calling them Haxxas..
I liked Arrma more when they were the hungry company looking to outperform their competitors no matter what. Not saying that Arrma itself has changed, but rather Arrma after HH acquisition is not the same..
I'll always route for the underdog, just my way of thinking. ATM, TC is my favorite underdog in the RC world, along with Tekno.

Plastic flexes, aluminum bends. Why do you think the X Maxx is so durable?
Exactly… there is a reason arrma chassis get replaced with m2c pretty much out of the box… cause If you don’t your gonna end up with a lot more damage than just a bent chassis if your airing it out..

Same chassis as Xmaxx so I would assume all upgrades will apply equally to this right? Always kind of wanted an xmaxx but now seeing this I am FAR more interested. Never had a Traxx before, obviously like anything else there is good and bad and opinions all over the place. But this thing honestly looks sick and with a different colored body it would be really sweet, the xmaxx always bugged me with its height

Exactly… there is a reason arrma chassis get replaced with m2c pretty much out of the box… cause If you don’t your gonna end up with a lot more damage than just a bent chassis if your airing it out..
I agree, but plastic doesn't hold up to airing it out either.. both need M2C or similar to survive huge sends.

Plastic flexes, aluminum bends. Why do you think the X Maxx is so durable?
I've bent every single aluminum chassis in my Arrma rigs except the Mojave EXB. Not sure about the O6S EXB yet. Just saying. It only becomes a problem when you put bigger electronics and do insane 50 ft plus jumps. But who does that in real life? 50ft plus jumps like the YT guys? Very few people. My Maximum is around 20ft, and the Xmaxx chassis can last over a year with good landings and big electronics. And it's only like $25 if it breaks.. I've broken around 3 Xmaxx chassis in 3 years of crazy bashing and crashes.

Just checking out the xrt vid by RCDriver on YT.. he put a ruler between the wheels of the xmaxx then xrt, says it's wider than the xmaxx. I don't see it. More offset on the wheels, but I don't think the truck is actually any wider? I think a set of xrt wheels/tires is gonna find their way onto my xmike tho..
I also notice only TRX waterboys have the xrt thus far..shocker.

Back