New Traxxas truggy????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Assuming it reacts the same as putting a good esc into the Xmaxx, crazy how weak the vxl8s is!! I put a max6 into the X with speed gearing (20/46), wow! Never going back!! Whole new animal. I will run 20/46 till next year when it warms up outside, then go 20/50 most likely.
I won't throw away a working esc, but it is tempting to just toss that POS vxl8s right in the round file!! LOL
Sell it on fleebay people pay top dollar for those things.
Yeah, was thinking I could use it elsewhere too..but then, between how large it is, and anemic..nah. I hate selling stuff, I might actually feel guilty pawning that thing off!! Like Lloyd Christmas selling a dead bird to a blind kid!! LOL
dumb and dumber bird GIF

He does seem to be having a tough time with the bell cranks. I didn’t know he also had the issue with his Xmaxx, hopefully vitavon doesn’t take too long making theirs work.

Excited to see the new motor mount m2c is working on for it. Originally I was just gonna do a max6/stock motor, but after I stole a max5/1100 combo yesterday, I may have to throw that in it.
Steering rack upgrade. Not sure if anyone bashes as hard as Rich !! @Arrmarookie is close !!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2850605440...tMiHCpwQzu&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

A6504529-4509-4D84-BC3C-41C871266695.png

Sexy!!😎
Don't even wanna know what that thang costs!!🤣🤣
$ 69.00.
Meh. I have never upgraded anything on my X-Maxx in my steering for 3 years and I rarely break something in there. Not needed. The plastic stuff in the steering is more than enough. Yeah I added some aluminum stuff in the drivetrain, but it was needed.
I agree. I will not be upgrading the steering rack either… Never have issues with steering on a Traxxas truck.

I've decided I'm not going to go looking for cracked bulkheads until I notice a problem 🤣

Didn't know about that, great idea!

If mine was new, maybe..but it's not, has xt90's on it.. plus I butchered up the shroud,for a $50 credit towards a Max esc, I think I'd go that route first.
Our mission is to reach more customers so that they can experience our products without breaking banks.

TryOut / Trade-in program

Send your ESC back to us and you will receive a brand new HOBBYWING ESC at a special price. The upgrade fee of HOBBYWING ESC will be provided via email.

• You can send any ESC. a damaged ESC or working, even other brands. We don't care : )
  • The offer is valid for North America online store customers only (HobbywingDirect.com)
  • Email your request to [email protected] . Subject line: Request of HOBBYWING Upgrade program
You will receive a return authorization number along with the return shipping guideline once pre-approved.

That is directly from the HW site.

Our mission is to reach more customers so that they can experience our products without breaking banks.

TryOut / Trade-in program

Send your ESC back to us and you will receive a brand new HOBBYWING ESC at a special price. The upgrade fee of HOBBYWING ESC will be provided via email.

• You can send any ESC. a damaged ESC or working, even other brands. We don't care : )
  • The offer is valid for North America online store customers only (HobbywingDirect.com)
  • Email your request to [email protected] . Subject line: Request of HOBBYWING Upgrade program
You will receive a return authorization number along with the return shipping guideline once pre-approved.

That is directly from the HW site.
I never even knew about this.
I know Castle will do the same thing but it has to be a Castle esc that you send them. It's like 40 or 50% off the price of a new esc.
But I have a bunch of burned up escs I might just have to take Hobbywing up on that offer.

I never even knew about this.
I know Castle will do the same thing but it has to be a Castle esc that you send them. It's like 40 or 50% off the price of a new esc.
But I have a bunch of burned up escs I might just have to take Hobbywing up on that offer.
Let us know if there's a limit

Hobbywing don’t care what kind of esc it is. I emailed them about my vxl8s and they offered $50 bucks off an esc of my choice. I always wondered why no one talked about it on here.
Uh pretty sure you can sell it for more than $50.

I emailed Traxxas to inquire to why they think my Xmaxx has poor performance.

I checked the Cush drive when I replaced the 50t spur and everything seemed to fit up fine.

Anybody experience the Cush drive causing poor performance?

096C93A1-A4DD-4825-AADA-CA71E5D44039.jpeg

Yeah that’s my plan, mainly wanted to see if the program was still active and what they offered.
Yeah, if it's in "as new" condition, you can definitely sell for much more. Mine is not, but still, having at least one backup esc is worth me hanging on for a while.

Back