Newbie controller questions :-)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

no1zeppelinfan

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
Being still new and learning I have some queries regarding the correct use of the controller. What is classed as Braking" letting the trigger return to the normal position or actually throwing in reverse? Also, when taking off I understand it's best to let go of the throttle before I land? I'm doing fine but just a couple of things bugging me. Any help appreciated.

Some RCs have drag-brakes which slow you down when you are not on the throttle. When you are in the air, let go of the throttle when you land to not strip any gears. If you slam the brakes, you will do a front flip.

Typical spektrum setup?
Tapping reverse, on first tap it applies 'brake' i.e. motor is short-circuited or small amount of reverse is applied acting like a brake. On a second tap, it will go reverse.
Yes, let go off the throttle prior landing or you will break your diffs.

There is something called a drag brake but should be set to zero inside the ESC (default), not something you want for standard bashing. Just heats up the motor.

Reverse will not engage until the rig has come to a stop, so thats your brake.. Also to engage reverse while braking, u must come to a complete stop release brake back to neutral position and the press reverse to engage it!!🐝

Thanks everyone, So to stop my car earlier when I let go of the throttle I increase these brake trim, is that right?
I have a Kraton V5 S6 and a new Felony. All stock components :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back