News from your area

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Facts? Truths? What are those? We all have our own and that's why we are a decaying society. Many will argue that 2+2 is not 4. When this happens, it's all over. We no longer follow the rule of law or the constitution. We warp it into our own intepretation. I would be willing to bet that most people on here over 50 would agree that life was better back in the 60's, 70's and 80's. I didn't say easier, I said better. Why do most of us long to go back to those times? Technology has improved but it has ruined us as a people. Wow! I'm way off topic..lol. I agree we are a joke to other countries but I strongly disagree that our administration does not play a role to many things that are currently happening to Us as a country. " We The People" is now " We the government". This needs to change. I will leave it at that.

I agree that in this country real journalism is pretty much dead. At least in broadcast media. There are still some reporters in publications and papers doing great work now and then, but even they are now tainted with agendas.
It really is one of my biggest gripes, and it’s really difficult to imagine that the news media will ever turn it around at this point.
It’s best to go offshore for news. Raw feeds from the AP, UPI, and Reuters are still real, unvarnished news. Al Jazeera still does a fantastic job. The BBC used to, but they’re getting just as polarized as our networks are now, and that’s when it stops becoming actual news and credibility is destroyed.
The funny thing is, when you do go abroad for real news you realize very quickly that pretty much the entire rest of the world is laughing at us, and have been for some time. Nobody takes the United States seriously anymore, and it’s certainly easy to understand why. And no, it’s not because of the current administration, or even the last. It’s because we as a nation embrace some really silly and ludicrous notions that somehow become regarded as facts and truths in our society and have no wish to actually process real facts and truths as they apply to us and the rest of the world. We now seem to just write our own ridiculous narratives and then believe them.
Where’s Walter Cronkite when you need him?
“And that’s the way it is, May 11, 2024.”
I miss him and what he represented so much!

I couldn't agree more. After the major media died, you could get information from real people on Twitter (X) or Youtube, but even that has be come a click bait zoo filled with trolls.

Now, I find that a lot of the written articles are really just crap. Like this from AP today. Front page stuff here.
1715445585291.png

It has just two sentences. The first one is way too long and is hard to understand. It say the US was at war with Hamas, no civilians, no it's a statement from the Biden administration about the US war with civilians, I dunno what are they saying?

Then the local "news" takes this article and mixes in some non-sequitur quotes to make their own story.

This is why their college loans are being forgiven. Apparently it's a money back guarantee. .

I couldn't agree more. After the major media died, you could get information from real people on Twitter (X) or Youtube, but even that has be come a click bait zoo filled with trolls.

Now, I find that a lot of the written articles are really just crap. Like this from AP today. Front page stuff here.

It has just two sentences. The first one is way too long and is hard to understand. It say the US was at war with Hamas, no civilians, no it's a statement from the Biden administration about the US war with civilians, I dunno what are they saying?

Then the local "news" takes this article and mixes in some non-sequitur quotes to make their own story.

This is why their college loans are being forgiven. Apparently it's a money back guarantee. .
Maybe I'm just stupid (likely) but I can't figure out for the life of me what that reporter is trying to say. Anyone care to decipher?

Maybe I'm just stupid (likely) but I can't figure out for the life of me what that reporter is trying to say. Anyone care to decipher?
No...your not stupid. That's a quote from the Biden administration. They are all incoherent.

My point exactly. It's gibberish and nonsensical.

The full article if you can make sense of it.
https://apnews.com/article/us-israel-gaza-war-nsm-international-law-c83b6f39ce2799e5d2c473a337e2f857

I think it's saying the U.S. supplied weapons to Israel. Those weapons were used under questionable circumstance that may have violated international law. But we don't know.

Last edited:
Don't bring a knife to a gun fight? What about a slingshot? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

https://kion546.com/news/top-storie...tiles-via-a-slingshot-in-seaside-police-said/

SEASIDE, Calif. (KION-TV)- Seaside Police Chief Nick Borges announced on social media that one person was shot by Seaside Police in the area of Playa Avenue and Fremont Boulevard.

Borges said that a man was firing projectiles at two officers before one officer shot the suspect. Borges said that two officers were transported to a local hospital where they suffered significant head injuries. Borges said that both officers are expected to be okay.

Suspect is in custody with a gunshot wound.

Not my area, but a state senator in Florida thinks you should have to register with the government if you want to blog about government officials.

https://newsdaytonabeach.com/storie...e-bloggers-register-with-the-government,34249

It's extreme stupidity. I can't wrap my head around the idea of being cornered by cops with guns and thinking, hmmm....bet I can shoot my way out with this slingshot!
Sleepy That 70S Show GIF by Laff
It's Florida. Wonder how long it's gonna take for him to get voted out.

Back