Typhon Notorious J Speedrun Typhon 6s 🔥shelf queen🔥

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So after another crash where I was very lucky to have minimal damage, I've decided to switch back to stock 13/43 Typhon gears in the f/r difs. I need to regain confidence and control. All three difs are locked for now, but I'll test and consider going back to gears after a few passes. Gonna be a long season.

Great build Notorious J, I was curious about diff fluid weight in speed run vehicles? And suggestions? I’m thinking the thicker the better or maybe even ear plugs?
Thank you. At the moment, mine are locked. To be honest, I'm not technical enough to know the answer. If you go to the Speed Demons section of the forum and look at the threads under How fast did you go today, you'll read many different ideas about what people like.

Finally arrived. 6s 70C 6000mAh CNHL lipos.
20220607_213936-01.jpeg

I'm going to stretch my on road typhon, have the Kraton chassis, 55mm body posts, the longer Kraton rear center driveshaft & Kraton rear chassis brace on the way. Am I missing anything? Was also gonna slam it w/ limitless shocks/towers eventually. Do I need anything else to mount the typhon body? Thanks in advance for the knowledge 👍🤙

I'm going to stretch my on road typhon, have the Kraton chassis, 55mm body posts, the longer Kraton rear center driveshaft & Kraton rear chassis brace on the way. Am I missing anything? Was also gonna slam it w/ limitless shocks/towers eventually. Do I need anything else to mount the typhon body? Thanks in advance for the knowledge 👍🤙
Sounds like that's everything👍

So here's some updates. Car crashed into the back tire of an suv at over 130 mph about two weeks ago. Broke the chassis, PPS motor mount, front gear box, custom made front and rear 6.5 mm center driveshafts, wing, TBone wing mount, upper and lower front arms on one side, a full set of GRP S4 slicks, one Limitless shock, a sway bar and the battery tray. Stole the chassis from my almost new Kraton EXB while I wait for a new one from Jennys. Had a spare wing and used the @3d-rc.myshopify.com Typhon wing mounts. Replaced the motor mount with a brand new stock Arrma one I had lying around. Also had the new gear box, arms and battery tray from so many dealings with Jennys. The local guy who makes the driveshafts had new ones ready within a week. Took the time to replace most bearings with J & T NMB ones, patched up the body witch tore in two at the front, right behind the mounting hole. Gave the front tower a little tap with a hammer to straighten it out a hair, and am currently using a static front suspension set up using links in place of shocks. First outing was just to test the set up. Ran on GRP S5 treads and managed some easy 95 to 100 mph passes. Checked the logs and noticed the esc got pretty warm, so there might be friction somewhere in the setup. Next time out will be full bore on foams and hopefully I'll learn more then. So here's the before and after.
20220717_104410.jpg
20220717_164118-01.jpeg
20220721_221614-01.jpeg
20220725_135908-02.jpeg
20220725_140452-01.jpeg

Man that is some carnage. Awesome to see you got it back together quick though. Haven’t said it before, but the paint job on that shell is just killer.

Really awesome to see you back out there so quickly my man!!😀👍
Hoarding spare parts all these years finally came in handy.

It was fun getting to play in the speedrun game and that 141 mph personal best will always be a great memory. But there's been too many crashes as the speeds got higher and I can't justify putting anymore money chasing new personal bests. Today's crash will be the last one. Thanks for following the journey.
20220827_191538-01.jpeg

It was fun getting to play in the speedrun game and that 141 mph personal best will always be a great memory. But there's been too many crashes as the speeds got higher and I can't justify putting anymore money chasing new personal bests. Today's crash will be the last one. Thanks for following the journey.
View attachment 239519
Say it ain't so

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back