This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThatDrewGuy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Voltage
So was just wondering if anyone else out there is as bad as I am when it comes to what state their rigs get stored in. I have this habit of cleaning my vehicles every other, and sometimes every time they are run. Yes yes mud builds character, but working on a clean rig is better then dirt everywhere. Plus they look awesome all nice and shiny!

So does anyone else have that habit of always cleaning your rig after running?

@ThatDrewGuy I'm right there with you. Maybe even worse as I have never been drawn towards driving my RC's through massive amounts of mud or turning my car into a submarine. I like to drive on dry land, be it grass or dirt but that's about it.

I at least blow them off with the air compressor after each run. They are not always spotless but at least "clean".

I always do a once over after every run with various brushes and compressed air and complete tear downs after every 10 packs. I try to avoid running in damp or muddy conditions, but in the event I do encounter water/mud, as soon as I get home I'll do a complete tear down for cleaning and parts inspection while hitting metal parts with a rust inhibitor.

If I'm driving in mud or snow, I'll hit them with a hose before taking them in the house. Otherwise, I do an inspection for loose/missing screws, tighten/replace as needed, lube the bearings or ARO the engine and throw it on the shelf. I drive mostly at the skate park or on grass. On occasion, there will be actual dirt. In those cases when I actually find dirt, I hit it with a hose, blow it off mostly with compressed air and lube the bearings/joints before putting them away. I never do a tear down and clean for the sake of cleaning though.

I'm really OCD when it comes to my rigs as well I do a full tare down after every run.
20180219_074806.jpg

Maybe a once a year tear down, but that a lot of loctite every time you tear down! I would worry about missing something small that would be a big issue each time.

Maybe a once a year tear down, but that a lot of loctite every time you tear down! I would worry about missing something small that would be a big issue each time.

I lay everything out and go through it with a fine tooth comb I go crazy if it sits dirty for more then a day. Yes it's time consuming but I've torn it down so many times I'm sure I could just throw it in a pile and b able to put it back together no problem lol.

I just did my first run today on grass. Once I took off the body, I was surprised to see a buttload of grass inside the chassis. Grabbed a can of compressed air and went to work with it. Then I ordered a Dusty Motors cover shroud from TBR lol.

I hit them with the air hose after every run. A can of WD-40, a toothbrush and rags are on the workbench for when I have the time to shine them up. I love how sharp these trucks look when they are clean. Just wish I had a way to buff and shine the bodies too.

I hit them with the air hose after every run. A can of WD-40, a toothbrush and rags are on the workbench for when I have the time to shine them up. I love how sharp these trucks look when they are clean. Just wish I had a way to buff and shine the bodies too.
I buy a new one, I remove the tires, hit the entire rc with wd-40, and use compressed air to blow the excess off. Makes it easier when I'm done running to clean back up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back