Outcast Outcast 6S EXB RTR Fire!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jase

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 3s
I considered myself unlucky with the Kraton 6S which had various issues from new but this makes that look like nothing.

I was out with my Outcast 6S RTR EXB (a few weeks old) this afternoon, I had run it for about 25 minutes doing some jumps on a ramp. After a small jump (fine landing) I could hear clicking so I stopped and took the case off as it sounded like a pinion. Everything looked OK, my friend looked too and couldn't spot anything so I put it back down on the grass and gently pulled the accelerator. Immediately the ESC burst into flames. Because of that there was no way to safely disconnect the batteries so we moved it to a safe area where shortly afterwards I guess the Batteries caught fire (2 x Spektrum 3S hardcase).

Unfortunately this is all that is left:

IMG_8673.jpg

IMG_8674.JPG

Any idea what could have happened? pretty much £900 up in smoke :(

Idk they say faulty battery that's a hole rig. Idk 🤷🏼‍♂️ curious to what they say though

Yeah I'm not sure about faulty battery, they were Spektrum Hardcase batteries, in good condition with approx 26 cycles if I remember correctly as I looked recently. The ESC literally burst into flames by just pressing the accelerator slightly.

I will email Arrma though and see what they say as I have no idea what caused it.

Yeah I'm not sure about faulty battery, they were Spektrum Hardcase batteries, in good condition with approx 26 cycles if I remember correctly as I looked recently. The ESC literally burst into flames by just pressing the accelerator slightly.

I will email Arrma though and see what they say as I have no idea what caused it.
No no I believe it was ESC but just saying horizon could say that to get out giving u a new rig. But I sure u be good

Woah! 🤯
That's Savage. I hope your able to recoup your losses somehow. How new was the battery pack.
This is the second burn I've seen in two day, almost make me want to buy some fire retardant gloves!

Oh man, I'm sorry. Based on what you said there's nothing you could have done.

You should shovel up the ashes in case you need to send it back 😉

Woah! 🤯
That's Savage. I hope your able to recoup your losses somehow. How new was the battery pack.
This is the second burn I've seen in two day, almost make me want to buy some fire retardant gloves!

The battery packs were in good condition, 2 x Spektrum 3S Smart batteries in Hardcases with approx 26 cycles and no issues when I checked with the Spekrum smart charger recently.

I am taking the firma ESC out of my car and putting in a spare Dynamite 150a or BLX185. I'm too scared this is gonna happen to me
I had to save this pic. Sorry to the OP, but that last pic has a Terminator like vibe to it. Hope he's able to I resurrect this one without any additional expense.

Horizon should replace it. Its a known issue with their esc and the brand of batteries they recommend. Now I'm ready to shelf my Typhon 6s until I can afford an esc upgrade.

That’s not cool. I would hope they would replace it. But I hear they can be pricks on warranty.
I think i am going to start carrying a fire extinguisher with me.

Dang dude..you're truck is only couple weeks old and you're using all horizon stuff they should get this sorted for ya.

My Notorious came with a bad Transmitter and they hooked me up no problem. Fingers crossed they do the same for you 🤞

Yikes, this is why i upgraded my esc fan and running duals on the motor. Any update with Arrma support?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back