Ran into hostile person at the park while running my rigs.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armarookie43

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Outcast 8s
  7. Typhon 6s
Some angry guy at the park was trying to kick me out saying that I was throwing dust into people's faces. As the people were leaving, I told him : "well let's ask them if they are leaving for that reason". I did and their answer was no. I even gave them a show after that. Angry guy got in his truck and drove away. I stayed calm and argued with respect. Unlike Mr angry guy. How can you try to kick someone out of a public park???. Some people just don't enjoy life ☹️🙄. Has anyone experienced something similar while playing with your rigs? I even kept playing after Mr grouch left. I got it on video too. Very awkward situation. Actually I was playing while he was over there talking trash 😂.

Yup all the time. Gotta love those Karen's
The irony is that he didn't even know those people. Not even the park police has ever told me anything but Mr angry guy wanted me to GTFO of the area with those damn things.

Got vid? Post that :poop:!!
I do. You can't see his face, but I added the part at the end of my video where I ask the people directly if they were leaving because of me. I'll post it here once I'm done uploading.
Kevin Talbot had that happen to him.
Yeah it was an angry man that was sleeping in his car. Kevin woke him up with a Nitro rc.

I am lucky enough to live in a unpopulated area with a ton of choices to run my rigs. So rarely do we even see anybody and if we do they love it.
If I ever run into anybody who wants to make a scene I will simply open up a can of " go get'um babe".....:D

All the time? Really? First time for me. So you just ignore them or something? I argued but respectfully.
I say all the time. It's more like a handful of times. Let's just say the people around me don't like my nitro cars. I respect them as I have to live with them in a sense so I save those for parking lots. But yes I run into Karen's from time to time and explain to them either if thier kid wants to play with it I will need a $1000 deposit and or I am to myself and gladly get out of the way if the zombies come out. It's usually not a big deal. I play nice till they walk away and get back to it.

My limited experience has shown most people think our "toys" are awesome. Have had a couple Karen's telling me it's "scaring their dog." Funny how the dogs were giving no indication of being bothered. No matter what you do you're going to piss someone off.

My limited experience has shown most people think our "toys" are awesome. Have had a couple Karen's telling me it's "scaring their dog." Funny how the dogs were giving no indication of being bothered. No matter what you do you're going to piss someone off.
I'm not worried about keeping everyone happy. But I'll argue if someone starts talking trash to me like that guy did today. I had to keep my anger inside since that wouldn't be a good thing to get super angry at some random stranger. That's how I handle hostile strangers or people at work. I've seen arguments like these spiral out of control. Meh.

Only happened to me once, most everyone loves to watch and talk about it.

My one bad experience was running a nitro car at 2pm on a Sunday. Elderly lady came out of her house and threatened to call the police as her and her husband were trying to sleep. I explained to her that I work 10 hour days, 6 days a week, this was my relief. She didn't care, called the police who did appear but said I wasn't doing anything wrong as long as I wasn't doing it in the evening.

Seems like the kids and moms enjoy watching you bash👍. There are always negative people who want to b1tch because that’s probably all they can do. Since the rest of the crowd liked your show I wouldn’t be bothered.
One thing you could do is put your ramp further away from the parking area (other side of the area), so people who want to see your show have to come to you and they ones who don’t just stay away.
Cool rigs man👊 With all that sand, may I suggest a Mojave😜?

Last edited:
Some angry guy at the park was trying to kick me out saying that I was throwing dust into people's faces. As the people were leaving, I told him : "well let's ask them if they are leaving for that reason". I did and their answer was no. I even gave them a show after that. Angry guy got in his truck and drove away. I stayed calm and argued with respect. Unlike Mr angry guy. How can you try to kick someone out of a public park???. Some people just don't enjoy life ☹️🙄. Has anyone experienced something similar while playing with your rigs? I even kept playing after Mr grouch left. I got it on video too. Very awkward situation. Actually I was playing while he was over there talking trash 😂.
I recently went through a similar thing.
It all started when I finally fixed my Kraton for the 7th time. I tested it's speed my going to the road (it's the main road that connects 2 big cities together so it was wide enough. I was at the top of a decent hill when some idiot was going up the hill too. So I smartly waited for them to swerve into the ditch when they didn't I swerved into a byciclist and demanded that they pay for the repairs.
Moral of the story... people need to watch what they're doing :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back