Vorteks Razor RC Vorteks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

razorrc

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Gorgon
  3. Granite
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Kraton 4s
  6. Mojave 4s
  7. Outcast 4s
  8. Outcast 8s
  9. Outcast EXB
  10. Senton 3s
Let the testing begin.

IMG_3022_new.jpg

Razor RC could you verify the Vorteks body will fit on the Arrma Granite sir? Maybe snap a picture for me. I have the purple pink body on pre order and just need to verify it will fit with some minor modifications. Do I just need to purchase the Vorteks body posts? Any help is appreciated. Can't wait to see your thoughts on the Vorteks!

@razorrc, thanks for the video.

Regarding some of the details in the video:
  • shocks are new length both front and rear
  • it indeed uses detachable rod ends for the shocks, (a nice optional upgrade for the other 3s cars)
  • shock towers are new, they have integrated center brace mounts, much lower shock location (to match the shorter shocks) and i wouldnt be surprised if the camber link position is different (to make the roll center higher). droop actually seems not that different than the other cars.

@razorrc, thanks for the video.

Regarding some of the details in the video:
  • shocks are new length both front and rear
  • it indeed uses detachable rod ends for the shocks, (a nice optional upgrade for the other 3s cars)
  • shock towers are new, they have integrated center brace mounts, much lower shock location (to match the shorter shocks) and i wouldnt be surprised if the camber link position is different (to make the roll center higher). droop actually seems not that different than the other cars.

Thanks for the info!

Can you get the eye to eye measurements for the shocks when you have some spare time?

I spent an hour messing around with the truck to find the source of the clicking sound. Mine had really tight mesh between the input gear and ring gear of the diff. Maybe with enough shims, you could improve it a little, but it should also wear in and loosen up.
  • Stock front shocks for the Arrma Vorteks are 87mm eye to eye.
  • Stock rear shocks for the Arrma Vorteks are 109mm eye to eye.

Yeah, that's what I get.

Where can i get a rear shock for the Vortek? Mine broke at the top and am struggling to fins a replacement

Where can i get a rear shock for the Vortek? Mine broke at the top and am struggling to fins a replacement
I thought that the rear length was the same as the front shocks from rest of the 3S line…
Good luck!
Hurricane

• Stock front shocks for the Arrma Vorteks are 87mm eye to eye.
  • Stock rear shocks for the Arrma Vorteks are 109mm eye to eye.
Okay just wanted to make sure as Horizon has different shocks listed on their website. ARA330723 at 83mm and ARA330734 at 103mm.

I thought that the rear length was the same as the front shocks from rest of the 3S line…
Good luck!
Hurricane
Thank you very kindly. I found the top part of a kit so now i get to learn to learn how to rebuild shocks. I come across some good vids here but on you tube of course some say there should be no rebound and others say there should be. Any suggestions?

Thank you very kindly. I found the top part of a kit so now i get to learn to learn how to rebuild shocks. I come across some good vids here but on you tube of course some say there should be no rebound and others say there should be. Any suggestions?
I’ll leave it to others to answer that one… you might see how the opposite end feels…
Hurricane

No rebound is what I always do except in very unusual cases.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back