Recommend Me An Entry Level Crawler

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the reefs build on youtube but he uses the reefs smart servos. But those things are like 200 a piece and u need 2. Hard to fork over that kinda money, real hard, like catholic priest on a playground hard šŸ˜¬

Exactly.... plus u get Exactly what u want and need and its tailored towards your environment
Funny thing, my scx.iii was known to be part submarine. I literally drive on the bottom of 3-4 foot deep creeks while crossing. It was too heavy to float away. Man I went through HUNDREDS of dollars with "waterproof" servos. Until I bought one that wasn't waterproof, in fact the guy who makes them told me NOT TO GO IN WATER. But just in case I should accidently......errr....get wet then I should try a couple of things. And it held up beautifully. More shockingly, when it finally went(after many many many tumbles and submersions) I sent it back to him under warranty. Now, allow me to preface a bit. John Beech is NOT a guy who warranties stuff. In fact, it's rare. I fully expected a denial because I beat the living crap out of that servo. I just wanted to know what went wrong. And wouldn't you know it, he covered it because a part failed and it had nothing to do with the abuse or water. There are guys here who were shocked and left speechless, myself included. I even told him how I treated his beloved servo. So, never mind high priced Savvox or Reefs or any of those other guys. Get yourself a Promodeler. Trust me, it's literally the only rc component to get the best of me and beg for more......

Thread 'Promodeler DS630BLHV.' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/promodeler-ds630blhv.62376/

I want one of these too šŸ˜­ šŸ¤£ so many rc's so little monies. Holy sheep šŸ’© that body is 330 bucks, yeah fk
Screenshot_20240122-230348_Instagram.jpg

Yeah, that's where the "overboard with money" part comes in. I know a guy who customizes rcs like that. Literally hundreds of dollars and countless hours on them. He's doing a great one right now:View attachment 344054View attachment 344055View attachment 344056
That looks awesome!! I got too many irons in the fire as it is. Once I finish my speed runner, then my stretched typhon, and finally my first crawler build I may take one on. It will be a nice long drawn out build if I do it. I don't want a shelf queen and something I out that much time, effort and money in I might be scared to play with it lol

Ever watch the Simpsons? Know all those times Homer "tumbles"? It's like that but instead of "d'oh d'oh d'oh" every time he hits ground it was, "there goes the tailgate, a mirror, Logan, passenger door.......". All told, maybe 60-80 feet. Even then it only stopped when it hit a tree... ..
Kinda reminds me of Wyle coyote. All you can do is laugh at that point. :ROFLMAO:

It's a tough one to decided between the TRX-4 and the Element as your first crawler. I also like the new CJ-7 from Axial, but I don't think it has the same level of quality as the Element or Traxxas.

s

I can't recommend Element enough. Vanquish is up there too but double the pricing roughly. I had to use Element's warranty on a servo that burnt out a couple of weeks ago, the guy had the servo to me in Louisiana 2 days after my email. He even offered to video call me and walk through the install if I couldn't figure it out. That alone makes me more than willing to support Element

Can't crawl rocks with em, they do well in snow, sand, and mud. Really do great in snow. I put an all in one brushless spectrum in it. And beefed up the servo. It needs it if you run the tracks. :cool:. I'm not sure about the 1/5 scale. It snows a lot here, so its really fun to run.
20230313_125636_resized_4.jpg
20230313_125429_resized_2.jpg

Last edited:
I've seen the Redcat Ascent 1/10 at the LHS & for price (290) it's a really capable crawler. I know, Redcat. It's well built though. I got my attention.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back